WATO 10

It's the day of the contest (The same day as the previous chapter). Everyone I busy getting ready, Zhan was early to wake up even if he had a small amount of sleep, he prepared himself then went straight to checking the props, double-checking f there's something's missing or something is defective. Zhuocheng woke up thirty minutes after Zhan and did his morning ritual as well. After checking the props, he went out of their room, raiding the two rooms of their students to wake them up, telling them to prepare as well.

As he came out of the last room of their students, a familiar person approached him. A wide smile is on her face, "Zhan!" she cheered, waving her hand which is occupied with two cups of coffee from Starbucks which he forgot the taste after living in the rural area. 

Zhan shyly waves his hand, fortunately, no one is around the hallway or he would scurry off inside their room if there was. 

"Hi, morning Miss," he greeted, slightly bowing. 

A frown sprung from her face, well, she hated the fact that Zhan called him Miss. He could have called her LiYing or Ying, or even baby she would accept that. "Too formal~" she whined with a pout. 

Zhan chuckles at her childishness, "Sorry, LiYing. I'm just not used to it," he apologized. 

her pouty mouth was replaced upon hearing Zhan saying her name, well, it sounds like music to her ears that she's willing to hear them over and over. "That's better, by the way, I got you coffee," she remarked, handing the other cup of coffee she was holding. "I don't know if you like sweet things or not, but I ordered americano instead," she smiled wide. 

Zhan accepted the coffee, it doesn't hurt to accept coffee from someone right? Well, he didn't have coffee this morning yet, it's just what he needed. "thank you for this," he says, taking a sip. 

"You're welcome, By the way, you going to be busy today?" she asked curiously, she noticed the small drops of sweat from Zhan's forehead. Seems like he did some errand or something.

Zhan scratched the back of his neck, "Quite," he simply answered, he should not tell her that their group will be participating in the contest or the hard work of his students could go to waste, what if she became biased of her judgment just because he becomes friends with him? That wouldn't be a fair judgment for his students' hard work. 

"I see. Well then, see you sometime. I'm on a work today too, we might not meet," she cheered. 

Zhan nodded, "Thank you for the coffee, I owe you one. I'll treat you to something if ever we meet again," he says, bowing a little. 

LiYing chuckles, "No, it's fine. I'll be treating you next time since you listened to my worries last night," she insisted. 

"No, You already gave me a coffee, please let me treat you next time too," of course Zhan would not back out. 

LiYing sighs in defeat, who would decline an offer from this cutie in front of her? She's a weak-hearted alpha, easily swayed with cute things like this omega standing in front of her, "O-okay, then can I get your number? Since.. well, we accidentally meet again?" she actually waited for him to come out. But of course, she won't admit that. It was dumb for her to act cool and spout about fate and stuff last night but after entering her room she became anxious that what if she was not able to see him the next day? 

Zhan chuckles at her, bringing out his phone, "let's exchange numbers instead, it would not be fair if you're only getting min," he replies, offering his phone. 

LiYing's heart pounded at what he said, she was so close to screaming her heart out in so much bliss but she needs to act cool since his crush is just in front of her. "Sure," she says, fishing out his phone and handing them to Zhan. 

After exchanging numbers, they bid their goodbyes, telling each other to send them some message sometimes.

.

The program started earlier than eight, the welcome address, the introduction of the sponsors, the message of some guests, and the introduction of judges and the rubrics were done. Now it's already the contest proper. 

Zhan is not nervous, no, he's not, not even an inch. Well, that's what he convinces himself but really, he's been having cold sweats at his back, palms are sweating as well. He's not the one performing but he's all giddy while his students were far more relaxed than him. 

"You okay?" Zhuocheng asked, patting his shoulder. Zhan looked at him, smiling awkwardly behind his facemask, "Y-yeah..." he stuttered, despite answering yes, his voice confirms Zhuocheng that he's nervous.

Zhuocheng laughs at him, "Why so nervous? They are doing well you see," he assures, pointing at his students who are busy putting on their costumes and make-ups, and ready to set up their props once the school who's performing while they prepare finishes. 

"I-I'm not tho?" he lied. Well, it's half true since he's not nervous but super nervous. 

Zhuocheng pats his back, "They can do it, have faith in your students," he assured. 

Zhan smiles, "yeah," he replied, slightly calming down. 

After the performer before them finishes, the curtain closed for them to set up. He stood backstage as he watch his students do their work independently without his supervision. 

.

The performance went well, they were given a round of applause. Even though positive reactions were gathered from the audience he's still nervous since tomorrow is the awarding ceremony and he'll end up overthinking about the matter. 

Either way, they came back to the hotel all nervous, but they took their time eating away their worries for tomorrow's awarding ceremony, silently praying for their win and chewing at the same time. 

.

"Rough time?" 

Zhan looks up at the source of the voice, LiYing was holding another two cups of Starbucks in her hands. Handing one to Zhan, (She's expecting to see him at the lobby that she bought two cups before she goes up the floors). 

"Thanks," Zhan says, grabbing the cup from her. "I'm fine, haha same problem," he sighs. It was a lie, he's got a problem but it's not about his son for now.

"You didn't call him this time?" She asks, sitting in the same spot she seated last night. 

Zhan sips on his coffee, "Later I guess," he replies, looking down at the cup he's holding, warming up his nervous-cold fingers. 

"then should I join you in the meantime? I'm yet to rest so..." she answers. 

Zhan nods, "Sure," he replies.

.

They spent an hour in each other's company. That at least calms him a little. 

After that, they bid goodbyes. Wishing each other goodnight and such. 

As Zhan enters their room, he saw Zhuocheng looking at him with a mischievous grin on his face. "It's not just last night but also this night? What does that mean?" he teased, trying to squeeze out some information from his friend. 

Zhan tilted his head in confusion, like the oblivious person he is. "What is?" he asked innocently.

Zhuocheng's grin disappeared, sighing, "Is she not interested in you?" he asked. 

"Who is?" he asked again, gaining an even forceful sigh of frustration from the other omega. 

"So that's why you don't even notice," he utters, frustrated at his loveless friend. "too oblivious," he mumbles.

Zhan sighs, enters the room completely then settles on his bed, "I don't know what you mean but I'll call at your home," he replies, opening his phone to look for Haikuan's number. 

Zhuocheng rolled his eyes, "Yeah, whatever. Let me talk to my kids too after talking to yours."

Zhan chuckles, "You should've called them before me!" he scolded him.

"It's the same anyway," Zhuocheng replies, jumping off his bed and sitting beside Zhan.

---

A/N: Not an interesting chapter lol hahahah