WATO 58

"But why is daddy only showed now and not when Sean is still a baby? Teacher said, daddy is always with mommy when they have a baby," The kid suddenly asked. 

It's a question that made the two look at each other. It caught them off guard. It was an unexpected question that they don't know what should they answer. What should they tell him? The kid won't understand even if they explain everything that happened.

"Well... uhm..." Zhan mumbles, "Daddy is... daddy was, he was... WORKING! right he was working that's why he's not with Sean when he was a baby," Zhan answered, well, it's not entirely a lie cause Yibo really was a workaholic and work is his top priority back then. 

Yibo looked at his omega. He doesn't know what to answer. He felt a pang of guilt in his heart, it was his fault that the kid grew without a father. But now, now is his time to compensate for all the shortcomings he was not able to give to the kid upon growing up. 'It's not too late' is what he thought.

"Daddy will stay with Sean now, baby, Now and forever, with mommy," he coos, caressing his cheeks.

The kid giggled when his cold palm passed his cheeks, "Daddy's hand is cold!" he giggled, trying to get his hand away. 

Yibo laughed at him, teasing him more by repeatedly reaching for his cheeks with his hand. Zhan just watches his father and son, fondness in his eyes. 

After some time, Sean was able to catch his father's hands, "Gotcha!" he chirped, proud that he caught his daddy's hands. "So daddy won't leave me and mommy anymore?" the kid suddenly asked, catching them off guard once again.

Yibo smiled fondly at his kid, then he nods, "Yes, Sean and mommy and daddy will be together," he coos. 

"Yey!" the kid chirp, squirming out of Yibo's hold and jumping on the sofa. 

The couple laughed at their kid's enthusiasm. "Oh, baby, do you want to see grandma and grandpa?" Yibo suddenly asked, making the kid stop from jumping. His eyes went wide, it twinkled with enthusiasm, and so he nodded vigorously, unaware that it's a different grandma and grandpa. "Yey! Going to see grandmommy and granddaddy!" he giggles, jumping once again and even stooping down the sofa.

"When are we going?" Zhan asked Yibo, whispering to not disturb the kid's excitement.

Yibo shrugs, "We can go tonight or tomorrow, you choose," he says then smiled, thoughtlessly pushing away the little astray fringes from his face.

"Tonight!" he chirped, "I kinda miss seeing them," he giggles, pushing himself up then eventually slumping down to Yibo's lap, wrapping his arms on the alpha's waist and resting his chin on his chest while looking at his face innocently. Yibo chuckles, catching his omega into his arms and indulging his clinginess. "Why are you acting so cute," he half-whispered, reaching down to plant a kiss on his forehead. Zhan shook his head with a giggle, "mhm," he hums as an answer. 

Little did they know the kid is watching them, almost sulking. His cute lips are on a pout and his little arms are crossed on his chest. "Mommy and Daddy leaving out Sean again!" he sulks.

The two immediately whipped their head to their sulky son, they laughed at their son's adorableness. They opened their arms for him, "Oh, sorry, come here between mommy and daddy," Zhan persuades. 

Sean jumpily went between them, giggling in the process and hugging his parent's necks. 

.

"Are you both ready?" Yibo asked his omega and son as grabs his car keys.

"Yes!" their son chirps. 

"Yeah," Zhan answers softly. Somewhere in Zhan's pit is making him nervous, his heart is racing as it's the first time in years that he will meet Yibo's parents again. Unnecessary questions start running in his head, 'Will they still like me? Or maybe they already hate me for leaving their son? What if they don't want me and my son for Yibo? What if--'

His thoughts were broken when Yibo gently caress his cheeks, drawing comforting circles onto his skin, he smiles, "You're thinking unnecessary things again," he mumbles, he leaned to kiss the center of his brows where it is wrinkling from all of his overthinking. "What are you thinking? Did you think that they don't want you as their son-in-law anymore?" he chuckles low, "Trust me, they prefer you to be their son than me," he reassures. 

Zhan chuckles at his remark, at least that made him a little calm, but still, he's still anxious. 

Yibo understands his omega. Grabbing and rubbing his waist to make him feel at ease, he leaned into his ear, "Don't worry, I'm here," he utters. Zhan smiled at him and nodded, "yeah."

Zhan grabbed his son's little hand and they all went out of the penthouse, indulging with their son's enthusiasm.

.

"Sir, your son is here," The butler whispered to his master. 

Yibo's father raised an eyebrow at him, "That brat, I thought he'll be back in another month?" 

"What is it, honey? Our son is here?" Yibo's mother asked, perking from her seat after setting the cup of tea on the table.

Yibo's father pinches the bridge of his nose, sighing, "Let him in," he mutters which the butler obliges before turning his attention to his wife, "That's what the butler said."

Yibo's mother's smile is wide. Well, his son rarely visits that's why she's a little excited to see him. "Maybe he's here to attend our wedding anniversary," she chirps, but his husband just rolled his eyes, "he didn't even greet us last year!" he scoffs. She sighs, "That was in the past, honey. Don't be so ag--"

"Yeepie!" Both the two turn their attentions to the sound of a kid shrieking in happiness. Their brows furrowed, seeing a kid happily jumping his way inside followed by the two. 

Yibo's parents' eyes went wide, they perked up upon seeing the unfamiliar face of a kid and the familiar face of the person they wanted to see for a long time. 

"Zhan?..." She mumbled, standing on her seat in an attempt to welcome them. 

"Hello, m-ma..." Zhan greeted, head held low. He can't seem to look at Yibo's mother's eyes. The guilty conscience of not showing up at her and not even bidding goodbye is creeping in his head. Yet he was surprised upon feeling warm arms embracing his nervously-cold body. 

"Oh my, my dear Zhan," she hugged him tight as if his son just returned home. 

Zhan is still in shock but eventually answered her hug. 

"Huh, this is your gift?" Yibo's father mumbles to Yibo as they both watch the heartwarming reunion of Zhan and Yibo's mother. 

Yibo shrugs, "Yeah, it's actually two gifts," he answers, lips pointing to the kid who is standing between his legs, clinging into his pants, and is still familiarizing the two people in the room. 

Yibo's father's eyes gazed down to where he is pointing. His heart melted upon seeing a carbon copy of Zhan, he has a little of Yibo's facial features but mostly of Zhan's.

"Don't tell me--"

Yibo nodded, smirking at his father who is still in shock, "My son," he introduces. 

"Honey..." His father uttered, getting his wife's attention. 

Yibo's mother pulled away from Zhan and turned her attention to her husband who's voice are shaky. "What-" her eyes immediately spotted the kid, then whipped to look at Zhan then back at the kid, too speechless to continue what she's about to say.

Zhan lowered his head, "Our son, ma," he introduces, shyly. 

She was fast to let go of Zhan before crouching down to the kid's level. Her eyes twinkled in excitement, "Oh my, he's so cute," she says fondly. "Hello, little one. I'm your grandma," she mutters in a soft voice.

The kid is cautious, but he looked at Yibo which Yibo answered with a nod as if telling him that it's safe to go. The kid immediately understood, letting go from his clutches, and made his way to Yibo's mother. 

She embraced the kid, tears even brimming from her eyes. "My, my. I'm already a grandma," she utters in pure bliss. 

---

A/N: My mental capacity has reached its limit HAHAHHAHA anyways, catching up will be happening next.