WATO 18

The next day, Zhan's eyes were all puffy. He wakes up earlier than his usual time, or maybe he didn't?

He steps out of their room, headed to the bathroom to do his morning routine before going to prepare for their breakfast. As he takes a bath, he watches his reflection in the mirror, his eyes were all red and puffy, looking tired with its droopiness. He sighs, even though his friend LiYing gave her best to comfort him, he still cried all night when they went to their respective rooms.

The whole night, it was hard for him. Being confined in a closed space without someone to take out his burdens, plus his son was sleeping beside him so he has to muffle his cries, gladly, his son didn't wake up to his bawling.

After taking bath and putting on facial creams, he went out of the bathroom all dressed and ready. He looked at the wall clock, it's only four in the morning, well, it doesn't matter, if he goes back to the bedroom he'll just cry again. He needs to busy himself to at least forget the pain in the meantime. 

He grabbed the apron and went to the kitchen to prepare.

It was not long when he heard a door open, followed by a sleepy, "Mn-orning..." and a yawn. 

Zhan turns his head, seeing a still sleepy LiYing heading to the bathroom. After some time, she heads to the kitchen, all awake. 

"Good morning," she greeted properly, sitting at the dining table. 

Zhan looked her way, greeting her back with a "Good morning."

LiYing's eyes are wide, surprised at Zhan's tired look, then her brows furrowed. She stomped her feet in Zhan's direction and surprisingly grabbed his face between her palms to face her. "Your eyes are swelling," she commented, examining his face carefully. 

Zhan chuckles awkwardly, trying to hide his face but failed since LiYing's grasp was stronger than his. "I... uhhh... well.. uhmm..." he stutters. What should he do? Should he lie? though it's no use if he lies because it's really evident from the look of his eyes. 

"Did you cry all night?" she asks, hitting the mark. 

Well, there's no point in lying now. He nods slowly, with his sheepish smile. "...well..." he paused. 

The alpha heaved a long sigh, letting go of his face and stepping away to keep her distance, "You should have told me that you needed someone to talk to, I can accompany you all night if I had to you know?" she says, bringing her feet back to the dining table. "Anyway, I'll help you hide those dark circles of yours before we go to school, you don't want the students seeing you in that state right?" she asked, smiling fondly at him. 

Zhan smiles back and nods, "Yeah, thanks. Do you want coffee while waiting for breakfast? it's too early for Sean to wake up so we still need to wait for him to join us." he changes the topic, wishing to not dig more to the topic as he waves the container of ground coffee.

LiYing smiles, "You bet!" she says and waited. 

.

The day went smoothly. Sean noticed Zhan's puffy eyes but LiYing and Zhan were able to reason out that Zhan was just tired, Sean got angry though, reminding his mother to not work too much and take care of himself more, at least that lie worked out. Zhuocheng also noticed his swelling eyes, well, LiYing explained to him, telling him that it was because Zhan remembered the father of his son but didn't tell him who it was and that father visited them yesterday. Who knows how will Zhuocheng react, Zhan knows how much of a worrywart his friend is, he might attack if he knew who was the asshole they were talking about, so they only said minor details, they received an earful from him though. Zhan was glad to find a friend like him, for over the five years Zhuocheng became a big help not only to him but also for Sean. Fortunately, Zhan and Liying were not able to meet Yibo at the daycare, thanks to heaven's favor.