WATO 43

It was a loud evening, stories scattered as they enjoyed dinner. Talking about random things as the food slowly disappears from the table, while the kids just eat deliciously not minding the adults having their sweet time talking while eating. They didn't even notice the night getting deeper as their talk didn't die down. 

It was already nine when they decided to head home. Zhan escorted them out the door. 

"Goodnight and thank you for the meal," Zhuocheng waved his hand at him while his other hand holds Iku's hand who's already sleepy. Haikuan did the same with his free hand. 

"You're always welcome," he bids with a wide smile on his face as he waves back at the couple. 

"We're also going, Zhan," Chen bids, already heading in the couple's direction but stopped when he noticed the alpha not following him. His brows knitted in confusion as he looks back. "Bo, are you not going back to the inn?" he asked. 

Zhan looked at the alpha, confused for a second then realizes why he didn't move from where he is standing. "Are you staying?" he asked him, making the alpha look at him then nod as an answer. 

"I'll stay for the night Chen-ge... cause uhm... I'll help with the house chores," he uttered, well, it's a half-lie and half-truth. He really wanted to help him clean up but that's not really the reason, of course, he just wanted to have more time with the omega. 

His manager squinted his eyes at him but then replaced with a chuckle, "Fine," he answers, "But make sure to use protection," he teased. 

The two's eyes went wide, their cheeks flushing red hues and if the moon is not bright they would not have seen how beet red their faces are. 

"Don't do it too much! Remember we have  work tomorrow!" Zhuocheng added. They didn't expect they'll hear Chen saying that. 

"W-we d-don't do i-it!" Yibo immediately defended, stuttering in the process making the three laugh at his reaction.

Zhan was overwhelmed with what they are saying that he just covers his beet-red face, hiding all the embarrassment from what they are saying, he can't even utter a word.

"Bye then, take care Zhan" Chen bids with teasing in his voice making Zhan shrink more. "Chen ge, stop it," he whined, muffling his voice behind his hands. 

The others just laughs as they made their way to the car. 

Upon seeing them off, the two looked at each other then laughed at their faces.

"Let's go in," Zhan offers after a good laugh, and Yibo follows.

"By the way, ma and pa's wedding anniversary will be next month right?" Zhan suddenly asked. Walking his way behind the kitchen.

Yibo's brows furrowed, he doesn't even remember that their anniversary is next month. "you remembered?" He asked, confusedly.

Zhan turned his head at him and tilted his head, "Of course, I know," he answered, "Don't tell me you didn't know?" a little surprise. 

Yibo just shrugged, pulling the chair as he sat on them, "I know, I just forgot," he answered, elbows on the table as he supports his chin with his palms.

Zhan rolled his eyes at him, " They are your parents, Bo."

"Whatever," he replies, "By the way, they disowned me five years ago," he added making the omega stop what he is doing. 

"Why tho?" he asked curiously, continuing to bring out mugs and ground coffee. 

But before the alpha can answer, there's a soft tug on his shirt. Looking down, he saw Sean sleepily scratching his eye. The two adults look at the kid in awe, Yibo smiles fondly. Already knew what that tug means, and so he pull the kid up on his lap, making him rest his head on his chest. And after setting them down, Sean immediately fell asleep. 

Zhan smiles fondly as he watches his father and son, watching his son is like watching Yibo sleep. But then he remembers where they left off, "say, what's the reason why they disowned you," he says.

Yibo chuckles, right they were talking about that. And so he sighs, "Because we broke up."

The omega's brows furrowed, glancing again at the alpha. "and how would that be the reason?" he asked, his right brow raised. 

"You how much they favor you over their own son," he rolled his eyes, "When I announced our break up, I received a call from them telling me that they are disowning me. I thought they were just saying that out of anger and it will be better when they have calmed down, but I confirmed that it was serious when I tried to visit them after a month, the guards doesn't even want to let me in, they told me they don't know me," he lowly chuckles to himself. Just as he's recalling those (little hurtful)  memories he heard a snort. Turning his eyes to the omega, he was cupping his mouth, trying his best not to laugh. 

But it was too late, his laugh burst out.

"Hey! Sean is already asleep!" the alpha silently shouts at him. The omega cup his mouth right away. 

"Sorry, sorry," he stifled a giggle behind his hands. 

"Well, that's what happened. They just accepted me back when they found someone they can arrange with me in a marriage, which is LiYing. Well, she hates me and I don't have the heart to be in that kind of relationship--"

"Just admit you're still longing for me and you're waiting for the chance for us to meet," he teased, making the alpha's cheeks flash red hues on his face. 

"...So what if I do?" he fired back, now turning the tables on him. Zhan is a blushing mess at the alpha's retort. And in an attempt to hide them, he turned his back at him and continued preparing their coffee.

The alpha laughed his success on making the omega flustered, "...I'm not joking, it's true," he confessed, sincere and true to his words.

Zhan's heart run wild, his brain almost malfunctioning and his stomach churned as he felt butterflies flutter around. He's flustered and his knees are already weak and if they continue the topic any further he might collapse on the floor. 

"B-By the way, a-aren't you g-going back o-on their anniversary?" he asked, stuttering on the process as he attempts to change the subject. 

As if the alpha knew the transition of their topic changing, he chuckles, low and raspy that brings a shiver on one's spine. Zhan's heart lipped for a second, 'hot'.

"Changing the topic without answering the question is quite rude y'know," he replies. 

The omega bit his lower lip, mentally sinking as he was found out with his attempt. 

"I- I well..." he paused. 

The alpha saw how he tries looking for an escape route, seems like he won't get an answer from the omega, he just laughs at him, "Well, do you want to go with me?" he suddenly asks. 

The omega was surprised with his proposal, frozen on his feet. 

"...well, I didn't attend their wedding anniversary for five years. And if I brought you and our son with me it will be the biggest gift they've want to receive," he shrugs.

The omega's brows furrowed, can't follow at what he's saying. "What do you mean?" he turned his head at him, confusion on his face. 

The alpha just shrugs, "It's just yes or no, okay? Think about it first before rejecting my offer," he smiles.

It's as if Zhan saw sparkles fawning around the alpha, and at that moment he finds Yibo attractive for some reason.

-----

A/N: Sorry for not updating yesterday. I was supposed to update but we suddenly received a call that our great grandmother died, (you know that one update where I said that we had a reunion because of my grandmother, she is the one who died) so we had to pack things and go to the city right away. It was sudden, but every one of us was already praying for her eternal rest long ago since she's already bedridden and can't even move and we thought if she's living to suffer being bedridden, dependent on medicine, and unable to recognize people, she's better to be resting in peace. So our prayer for her eternal peace occurred last night. Well, alls well, she's already in peace now. ( sorry for blabbering btw) 

Anyways, we're nearly there. Be patient with me pwease~ and I know it's too late to apologize, still, I'm sorry for the slowburn. love you all! hahaha