WATO 12

It was an unusual morning, Sean has small tears at the corner of his eyes, lips pouting, his shoulders were slumped and he's dragging his feet as he walks, slightly sniffling. 

Zhan called Zhuocheng early in the morning, voice hoarse and a little stuttering. He told him that he didn't expect that his heat came earlier, that's supposed to be arriving in three days. Maybe it's because of the exhaustion and the added stressing over their performance and a lot of factors that it came early. He asks for him to fetch his son for daycare and apply for a one-day absence at their school. Which Zhuocheng immediately agreed to for he understands his friend's situation. Having a kid with no partner and an omega is a lot harder, he needs to deal with his heat alone, and also worry for his son. Zhuocheng also teased him while on the phone earlier about how the female-alpha actress took a liking to him, cause he was able to witness how they were close a few days ago, "You should find someone to rely on, like the actress LiYing," he teased. Zhan just laughed at his foolishness, "No can do! She's a friend!" he retorts. "He took a fancy at you though?" Zhuocheng asks. "I doubt, she doesn't see me in that light," is the only answer he gave after cutting off the call. 

"Mommy will be okay, don't worry, hm?" Zhuocheng coos the kid, crouching down to wipe Sean's tears that are on the verge of falling. 

The kid nods faintly, lowering his head, "But... but mommy doesn't have someone to take care of him. He needs SeanSean!" he grumbles, the tears he's trying to stop fell voluntarily, followed with sobs. 

Zhuocheng looked at the kid sympathetically as he wipes his tears, he smiled, "Mommy can take care of himself. Don't worry, after this I'll go check mommy, is that okay?" he asks. 

Sean nodded, slightly relieved. 

"Come now, uncle Zhuocheng well carry you to school. We're nearly there," he coos, opening his arms to Sean who climbs on him afterward. 

Just as they arrived at the school gate, Iku and ZouZou immediately ran to them, worried. Zhuocheng put him down which Iku and ZouZou took the chance to hug Sean. 

"No crying SeanSean," Iku coos, hugging his friend. "SeanSean should smile," ZouZou added rubbing his back, although he's trying to comfort him, his lips are pouting, and on the verge of crying from being influenced by Sean's sniffling. 

Zhuocheng chuckles at the sight, "Come on now kids, let's go inside already. Look, your friends are waiting for you," he coos at them pointing at the window, showing them the children who are watching them, sad at the sight of Sean crying. 

Iku was able to hold his tears, not like ZouZou who breakdown not long after. 

"Sean? Why are you crying?" It was the familiar voice that took the three kids' attention, turning their heads including Zhuocheng who became curious. 

"Uncle!" Sean's sniffles became louder upon seeing the Yibo. He opened his arms immediately for the alpha to carry him. 

And by instinct, the alpha carried him. But he stiffens when a familiar scent whiffs out of Sean, it's an omega's scent. He doesn't how he was able to smell them since he was not able to get a whiff of an omega's scent from him from the first time he met Sean. But now, he can clearly smell some from him, it's nostalgic and familiar, bitterness suddenly filled his mouth, he bitterly smiled inside his head, 'Fuck, why does my stay here remind me of him? He's your ex, dumb Yibo!' he scolded himself. Though he's feeling a little hurt at his thought, he smiles at the kid anyway, wiping the tears from his cute eyes. "So why did this big boy crying?" he asked in a soft voice, trying to control his emotion and not make the kids sad any further.

Sean sniffled, rests the side of his cheek on his shoulder, "Mommy is sick," he answers. 

Yibo caresses his back, slightly releasing comforting pheromones to lull the kid. 

Just as he comfort the kid, Zhuocheng spoke, "You must be Yibo, my husband told me about you."

It caught Yibo's attention, slightly stuttered. He bowed his head at him, "Sorry for not introducing earlier. Yes, I'm Yibo," he says. 

Zhuocheng chuckles, "It's fine. I'm Zhuocheng by the way. It really is true that the kid took a liking at you," he said, amused at the sight of the kid comfortably cuddling with him.

Yibo chuckles, "I'm surprised too." 

"Well, it helps a lot since looks like he calmed down," he uttered, "By the way, please feel free to go inside, my husband is inside his office by now," he offered, "Bye! Nice to meet you," he bids, but before he can leave he crouch down to his kids' level, "Take care of Sean today again, okay? His mommy is sick," he reminded the two, they immediately nodded and grabbed Yibo's pants. 

"Uncle, let's go inside!" the two cheered tugging on his pants as he lead him inside. 

.

[I put some food in your refrigerator. Make sure you eat before taking your suppressants, don't skip your meals, and also  I'll call your mother to inform her.] 

With trembling hands, Zhan read the message he received. His breath is getting ragged as his whole body shivers in pain, his backside twitching with the lack of something to fill him. He threw his phone somewhere on the bed, hugging his knees into a curl with a blanket covering his neck down to his feet. The room was already filled with his sweet pheromones, it doesn't matter thou, he took precautions and closed the windows and anything that could make his pheromones leak before he can release them.

'I'll be fine,' he keeps chanting inside his head, enduring the pain of every second. He'd done it for almost five years, today is nothing. He can do it, he will survive this whole hell all by himself, without intercourse or even an alpha to ease down the pain. He's independent, he made sure of that, more than five years is the proof of it all. 

"Just a little more, Zhan." he reminded himself, closing his eyes, forcing himself to sleep. "You need this for your son," he added. 

-----

A/N: School works are flooding me 😭