WATO 26

"Uncle Bo, let's play this!" Sean calls Yibo who's trying his hard to escape the kid before Zhan arrives, but it looks like the kid will never give him a chance to leave him out of his sight.

"Oh, okay..." Yibo answers as he's troubled at how sharp the kid is, the kid doesn't run out of things to do just to keep Yibo stay. Well, the kid had accumulated lots of things to play with his uncle in the last three days that he hasn't shown himself. He looked at his watch only to see the time, it's already 5:53 and any minute the omega will be here fetching Sean. Yibo sighs, just how can he escape the kid before Zhan arrive? It would turn out bad when the omega sees him playing with their kid. 

Just as he thought, a car parked in front of the daycare. And the two omegas came out. Yibo's eyes were wide as it darted to the two people leaving the car. 'fxck I'm screwed' is what came to his mind upon seeing them.

.

"You sure you're okay?" Zhuocheng asks Zhan. Zhan has been masking his sluggishness with a smile, though that doesn't work on Zhuocheng. 

Zhan nods, a faint smile leaving his lips, "I am," he answers followed by a chuckle. 

Zhuocheng sighed, how many times did he ask him the same question for the whole day? He can't even count them. "Here, I take this medicine for cold in case you need them," he says, getting a couple of medicines from his bag before giving them to Zhan. 

"Yeah, thanks," he replies, receiving the medicine and putting them in his bag. 

"We're here," Zhuocheng then reminded as he park the car just at the gate of the daycare. But his brows furrowed when he saw a familiar stature. He clicked his tongue upon making sure who it was. He gritted his teeth about to lash out of the car to give the alpha a word but Zhan stopped him. 

"It's okay, Cheng..." is the only thing he said, smiling faintly at him. Despite his smiling face, the fear of feeling the pain upon facing the alpha again is lingering behind. 

Zhuocheng sighed, "You're keeping a front again," he mutters, worried for his friend.

Zhan just smiled, "I can manage..." he replies before opening the car door.

Zhuocheng was not able to stop him, and so he leave the car as well as he watch Zhan walk near his son and the alpha. 

.

Zhan did put up a front, he smiled at his son as if the presence of the alpha is nothing. "Hello baby, let's go?" he asks, trying his best to sound cheery.

Sean giggles, tugging his mother's sleeves, "Mommy, can uncle come?" Sean asks, giving him his puppy eye who works every time for Zhan cause his son is too cute to handle. 

Yibo looked at the kid surprised, shit, he should refuse! "No... uhh, uncle needs to go now, kid," he reasoned out, trying to be convincing.

The kid looked at Yibo, pouting, tears building at the corner of his eyes, "...Uncle doesn't want to play with Sean anymore?" he utters, voice pleading. 

Yibo looks sideways, what should he do? The omega clearly said not to appear in front of him. Just as he is panicking in trying to find a reason to refuse the omega spoke. 

"You can come." 

Yibo was surprised at what he said, It was a cold remark, but it warmed Yibo's heart. "... oh... T-thanks.." he replies, standing on his feet.

Sean giggles as he makes grabby hands to Yibo, indicating that he wants to be carried. Yibo then carried the kid.

Zhan looks down, sighing to calm himself, his head started pounding again but he needs to endure them.