WATO 41

"I like you..." LiYing shook her head, "No, I already, love you."

Zhan was surprised at her confession, he can't even say a word but only his wide eyes and mouth gaped. He processes everything but it just leaves him more confused and lost. "I- uhh..." he scratched the back of his neck, looking away to avoid her eyes. What should he say? He doesn't want to hurt her, she became a dear friend to him even though they just met not too long ago and he doesn't want her to avoid him just because of his poor choice of words. 

"...Sorry... I- I seem like... It's too sudden... Isn't it?" she asks, looking away as she bites the inside of her cheek. Fuck, that reaction from Zhan looks like in 50/50 decision. She internally sighs, if it goes in the wrong way, how will she react? What should she do? What if Zhan feels uncomfortable? What if Zhan thinks of her as a petty person, making friends then in reality she has a motive behind it? What if--

"LiYing..." he spoke, stopping her from overthinking. He smiled sweetly like the usual smile he gives her. Her heart pounded, the sweet beautiful smile, it's too lovely that she feels her stomach churn. Zhan reached for her hands, clasping them together. 

"I don't know what you are thinking right now, but I can see from your face that you're overthinking..." he paused. The alpha was stunned at Zhan's soft voice. It's not the first time she heard his voice but it feels sweeter in her ears now that they are facing each other, eyes connected together. 

"I am going to be frank with you, I will not coat my words with sweet nothings. But one thing is for sure... I will not stop being your friend..." he paused. 

From there on, she figured what he meant. She's rejected... A bitter smile projected inside her head. 'can I cry tho?' she thinks, her tears were already ready to peek. 'Goodbye my first love'

Zhan sighs before he continues, "...Yibo and I are trying to mend what we left..." he started. 

A bitter smile left her lips, biting inside her mouth to stop herself from crying. 'Ah, I can't win against the person who has his heart the whole time.' 

"... I'm sorry... I don't know how much you feel about me. I'm glad you told me sooner before it gets out of hand..."

She looked away then looked back at his eyes, "...C-can I cry?" she asks, as much as she wants to keep her tears to herself, she can't really control it and just wanted to let the tears go. Hearing them with Zhan's sincere words, just makes her heart break into pieces.

He nods, and as if on cue her tears fell. Zhan immediately hugged him, lulling him as he speaks once again, "...I'm sorry I can't return your feelings for me..." he paused, drawing circles on her back just like how she comforted him. "...I love you as my friend, LiYing," he coos. "...You deserve a better person than I am, I have my son and I know Yibo is trying his best to prove himself to us. But you, you deserve to have better, a family you can build yourself..."

"...I'm sorry..." she sobs, "I- I b-befriended you because... because of what I felt for you..." she confessed, making the latter smile at her. 

The way she befriended him doesn't matter, at least that way they became friends, right? "It's okay," he chuckles, "We're still friends, see?" he says, cooing the alpha with comforting rubbing strokes on her back.

There's a short silence between them, but fortunately, it's nothing awkward. It was comforting rather.

"...Do you still love him?" is what she asked, breaking the silence. She just wants to hear from him what he really feels, to convince herself to move on from her one-sided love. So she has the reason to let go of her first love. 

"hm?" he hummed, a lovely smile plastered in his face and his heart skipping a beat from her question. Does he? He chortled, burying his face on her shoulder, "I do..." he shyly answered. 

The alpha was surprised by his reaction, and so it made her smile. "... I see," she mumbles, she now understood. You can't teach a heart to love, rather, it's the heart that chooses to love. She can't squeeze between the two because their hearts are already destined for each other. "Then I'll cheer you on," she replies, despite the pain she's feeling, she decided to face it head-on. It's their love and she has no room for it. 

"Thank you..." Zhan cheered, hugging her tight for comfort. 

LiYing smiled, hugging him back the same strength, "It's I who should say thank you," she utters. "...By the way, I should leave tomorrow," she declares. Staying means making her heart broken more. 

Zhan immediately leaned away, grabbing her by the shoulder with his brows knitted, "Why?" he whined, "You just came today!" he pouted. 

LiYing chuckled at his reaction, "Stop acting cute or I'll-- remember I have feelings for you!" she reminded him. 

Zhan tilted his head innocently, but then realizes what she said, he laughs, "Sorry, sorry. But, you just came today and you're leaving tomorrow?" he asked, sitting back comfortably.

LiYing chuckles, brushing away astray hair from Zhan's face and tucking them behind his ears, "Are you trying to hurt me?" she pretends to be hurt, clutching her chest, but then she laughs," Just kidding. I just need to heal for a while, and I'll be coming back when I feel better, hm?" she coos. 

Zhan smiles, "Okay then!" he chirped, "That's a promise!" 

LiYing smiled, even if she's brokenhearted, her heart still flutters at the impact of the beauty of this omega in front of her. Her first love that is out of her reach. 

.

The next day, they woke up early. Zhan for his work, Sean for school, and LiYing for her early departure since the bus schedule is early. 

"Goodbye Zhan," goodbye my first love...

Zhan waved his hand at her as she steps on the bus, "Bye, see you soon!" he said. 

She smiled before turning her back at him. 

As she steps inside...

"Goodmorning ma'am!" The driver chirped with his pretty smile, just like the sun that is slowly peeking from the east.

LiYing was just standing there, amused and enchanted. It's as if an angel had landed in front of her. 

"...Ma'am? The bus will be moving, can you please take your seat?" he says with his mellow voice, his pretty smile not leaving his lips. It brought her back to reality. 

She hastily went to the nearest seat where she can glance at the driver. Gladly she's the first passenger. It makes her heart flutter in joy seeing this person, she just met him but he feels the connection between them and the whiff of a sweet scent filling the bus is soothing. Peach scent.

'Fated?' she thought as she stares at the driver unintentionally. It kind of made her get drawn to him. Finding your fated is a one in a million chance in the world, but she didn't think she'll meet them just when she's heartbroken. 'Is he an omega?' she asked herself because it's sweet and her alpha instincts recognize them. 

But then the driver turns his head at her for a second as if he read what she's thinking. Then focused on the road, "...vanilla is kind of comforting," he mutters which made her surprise. Her scent is vanilla, does he mean he smells her too? But she's not in a rut or not even releasing her pheromones. 

"I'm Xiang Cao, nice to meet you," he says with a capturing smile on his face. 

"Liying, Zhao LiYing," she replied, answering his smile with the same pretty smile she has. "...Nice meeting you too," she added. 

She'll surely come back now that she found the reason. 

----

A/N: lmao, it became Lying's chapter. hahaha anyways, I hope you like my update. hehe. Thank you for reading!

Ps. I'm mentally unstable cause it's the time of the month again, so I apologize for anything that makes this chapter shitty. hahaha