WATO 40

"You little shit, why are you still here?" LiYing uttered as she sat at the dining table. They just finished dinner and Yibo decided to take charge of the sink while Zhan told them that he'll wash Sean and take him to sleep after.

Yibo's ears twitch at her remark, he raised an eyebrow as he face the latter, "Because Zhan let me?" he fired back making the female-alpha avert her eyes away from her phone and turn at him with a glare. 

She tsked as she rolls her eyes then gazed back at her phone, "I mean, have you no shame? You abandoned him and now you're trying to squeeze yourself on them. Being an asshole and all," she uttered not batting an eye to the alpha. 

The words she let go didn't scar his pride, rather, he felt guilty. He knows that he became an asshole, he admits that he's at fault. But he believes that he can change the scars he has caused in the past, as long as there's still a string of hope he will grab them. And he will make sure that he'll not do the same mistake twice. "I have shame, but whatever you say that will not discourage me. I mean, Sean is my son, and my feelings for Zhan didn't falter," he shrugged as he continue washing the dishes. 

She raised an eyebrow at the other alpha's remark, then a sarcastic laugh left her lips, "Son? Now you're claiming him as your son but back then you don't like the idea of having a family. What a hypocrite!" she remarks. 

Yibo sighed, no he won't get affected by that. He respects where he is and firing back will just bring him to nowhere. "I don't care what you think of me. I'm here to pursue my family and not you," he shrugs off her remark.

Her brows knitted at what he said, she was expecting a different reaction but now she got more irritated. "You destroyed the family you were talking about once, isn't that enough already? I will make him happy, not the way you did in the past. I'll cherish him not the way you neglected him!"

Yibo looked at her, smiling small as he wipes his hands on the apron then removed them. "I'll do my best and you do yours, whoever he chooses is up to him," he shrugs, folding the apron neatly. 

Just as LiYing was about to fire back, Zhan came out of the bathroom with Sean in his arms. "Oh, sorry we took too long," he apologizes to the two. "By the way, why're you still here, Bo?" he asked while his head is tilted.

Yibo pouted, "Are you throwing me out already?" he jokingly answered. 

Zhan rolled his eyes at the alpha's poor acting, then he chortled, "I'm just asking! It's already late and Chen ge must be worried about you already!"

Yibo smiles at him, "He won't, I'll go back later. can I stay longer?" he puppy-eyed with a pout but that just won't work to the omega. 

Zhan laughs, "That doesn't work for me! Anyway, you should go back to the inn. You can just come here again tomorrow you know," he suggested making the alpha's eyes twinkle at the invitation. 

Yibo sighed, pretending that he's dejected with the rejection of him staying late, but deep inside he's glad that the confirmation came from Zhan. "Fine~" he marched sluggishly. 

"Good night, ugly!" Zhan teased, laughing at Yibo's dejected state.

Yibo looked back with a pout on his lips, he looks like a dog who didn't get what he wanted. "You're kicking me out and now you're calling me ugly?" he pretends to whine.

"Just go already, Yibo," LiYing muttered, getting fed up with his antics, followed by a 360 degrees roll of her eyes. 

Zhan laughs, not even amused by how the female-alpha acts when it comes to Yibo. He already knew she hated him because of the arranged marriage thing. "Bye, see you tomorrow," he waved at the male-alpha.

Yibo then smiled back at him, waves his hand as he mouthed a "Good night," before closing the door as he went out. 

"You really don't hide your hatred at him," Zhan laughs, turning to the female-alpha.

LiYing looked at him, smiling sheepishly as she scratch her neck, "I- uhm..." 

"Oh, wait. I'll just get Sean to bed and we'll talk a lot later," he mutters, cutting off what the other was about to say. He looks at his son, who's yawning and his eyes are already half-lidded. 

LiYing smiled fondly at the two, how beautiful it is to watch them. She nods, "I'll wait for you," she replied. 

.

Zhan came out of the bedroom with a sigh, relieved that Sean is already fast asleep. "What would you want to drink?" he asked the other as he laid his eyes at her. 

She turned at him with a fond smile on her face, "Coffee or tea, whichever," she answers. 

"Then Cofee it is," Zhan chirped as he makes his way behind the kitchen to prepare their coffee.

After some time, Zhan came back with two cups in his hands. "Let's stay in the living room, the sofa is much softer than the chair," he suggested. 

the alpha chuckles, standing up from the chair and following Zhan to the living room. 

"Here's your coffee," He offered, putting down the coffee in front of her before sipping on his own. 

"Thank you," the alpha answered, taking the cup and sipping on them. "Your coffee is the best!" she complimented, feeling the warmth travel down her stomach. 

Zhan giggles, "Really? Thank you! By the way, I've been meaning to ask you. Why did you come here so early, I thought it'll be next week?" he asked, head tilted as curiosity is on his face. 

The alpha was surprised at the question but smiled sheepishly anyway, "I- I have something to tell you..." she mutters. Her heart beating wild by the minute. She has composed what she's about to tell him but it seems like being in front of the person just makes her tongue tie.

Zhan looked at her attentively, eyes focused on her as he waits for her to speak.

LiYing can feel his stares and it's making her more nervous than ever. What ifs running in her head as she clutched on the mug tighter not even bothered by the heat. The tips of her fingers are ice cold as well. 

He looked down on the mug first, gathering her voice and her courage, and then she looked up. Looking at him straight to his eyes as her mouth opens. 'Yibo is right, Zhan is the one who will decide for himself'

'Here goes nothing' With a wide smile, she declares, "I like you..." she shook her head, "No, I already, love you."

---

A/N: Sorry for not updating yesterday. I'm having my mood swings and I can't concentrate. I still hope you liked it! hehe. Anyways, it's a slowburn I know HAHAHHAH