WATO 34

"I-I'll just answer this!" Yibo frantically walked out of the house. It's so dumb of him for not remembering that his call ringtone is Zhan's music. And now he's feeling his cheeks warming up from embarrassment. 'did I freak him out?' he thought, sighing frustratedly. 

"Oh shoot, the call!" he jolted after realizing that the song keeps going on. But before he click the answer button, he peeked inside for a second to remind the two, "Oh, you should go ahead and eat. I'll catch up after this call," he says then answers the call afterward. 

"Dad?" 

"Oh, good thing you answered. Are you working right now?" his father asks from the other line. He doesn't quite figure out why is his old man calling, well in fact he knew that Yibo is on work out of Beijing. 

"Why did you suddenly call?" he remarked, brows furrowed at what his father would say. Is it something important? It's not like him to call just to ask if he's okay or whatever.

"I was called in a meeting today by the Zhao's and they are canceling the engagement," he started. 

A wide grin sprung from Yibo's lips upon hearing the good news. "Really?" he asked, trying to hide his enthusiasm.

He heard his father sigh from the other line, "Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed," he answered. For his father, it's not a good thing, but for Yibo is the bestest news he has heard this day so far. 

Yibo sighed upon hearing him grumble, "Why are you even pushing me to get married anyway?" his brow raised as if his father could see them. 

"It's because I want to see my grandchildren soon!" he grumbles like a kid. 

And Yibo was stupefied at what he heard, what the actual fuck? "You arranged me for that reason?!" he facepalmed. "

"Well not just that, and of course to have trusted investors of course," he added. 

 Yibo sighed, a little relieved that the reason was not some serious thought. If he just wanted a grandchild, he already has, though he can't tell him that for now. Yibo scoffs, "If the investors are your reason, I can work hard to get you as many, I don't need that arranged shit or whatever, I'll do it my way!" he declares.

"It's not easy son, you can get them but you won't know if they'll bite you behind your back. Well, anyway it's already canceled. I need to find you another candidate," he sighs, "If you just didn't fuck up your relationship with Zhan I wouldn't have the trouble looking for a bride for you. Damn brat," his father grumbles under his breath, he didn't mean to let Yibo hear it but anyways Yibo was able to grasp what he said. 

Yibo laughs. Well, for starters, Yibo's parents love Zhan to the point that they treat him more as a son than Yibo, so when Zhan disappeared, they were saddened and disappointed at Yibo that he didn't treat him well. They knew how patient the omega is, and Yibo did something big that caused the omega to leave. It caused a dispute between them and was only fixed when the arranged marriage came up. 

"You know what dad? You don't need to look for a bride for me, I can handle that myself. As for the investors you wanted I will work on your company for my whole life so that will become my problem in the future so don't worry about it too much," he assures. 

His father let out a frustrated sigh once again, "Damn brat, what do you mean you'll handle the marriage thing? I will be the to choose who you'll be going to marry, that's final!" he said sternly. 

Yibo rolled his eyes. If only his father knew who he is referring to, he would be delighted to hear his name. But he can't tell him for now, he still needs to get him back and it may take longer, for now, he needs to get the arranged marriage out of his father's mind. "Whatever dad, just give me a year or two extension and I'll give you a surprise," he smirks, feeling confident at his declaration. 

Yibo can imagine his father's confusion right now. He imagines him frowning as of the moment. "I don't like this surprise surprise you were talking about! but okay. I'll give you a year and if what you're planning is useless until the end of that one year, I'll get you a candidate to marry, even if you like it or not! No buts!" he declares. 

Yibo smirked as determination reached his head, 'I can do it!' he cheered mentally. "Deal," he answered, pretty smug. 

"Confident huh? Okay fine, that better be a reasonable thing," he sighs. 

"Yes yes, and you better be ready with my surprise. You still have a year to get your ass ready," he laughed. 

"Why you---" 

"Bye, gotta have to eat breakfast. Thank you for telling me the good news" he says, before his father can retort he cut off the call.

His grin is wide as he put his phone back in his pocket and entered the house. His smile even grew wider upon seeing his little family happily eating. 

"Something good happened?" Zhan asked, curious as to why the alpha is grinning widely like a little wider and his mouth will tear.

Yibo nods, "Yes, and also I need to clear something with you," he utters.

Zhan tilted his head, curious at the alpha's wide grin. 

Yibo sat in front of them, clearing his throat before opening his mouth. "I-I am in an arranged m-marriage, well, I was actually," he cleared. 

The omega doesn't show any violent reaction from what he said, just an innocent curious tilt of the head, waiting for the next words he will utter. 

"...And uhm.." he grew nervous, could be the omega's thinking that he's kind of an asshole for pursuing him despite being engaged? "The whole ass arranged marriage was already canceled, so..." he paused. 

Zhan smiled, "Oh, I remembered, LiYing told me that also, guess congrats for the two of you," he chirped. 

The alpha's eyes are wide, now that he mentioned her, did he ever tell him about his engagement? or maybe Liying told him? "Did she tell you about our arranged engagement?" he asked, shock and curiosity running in his head. 

Zhan shrugged, "I don't remember her telling me who it is but she told me she's in an arranged engagement so I knew about it. I just connected the dots that you are the one she's mentioning when I saw you bickering and the way you interact with throwing death glares at each other," he laughs.

Yibo melts upon hearing the omega's sweet laughs, he just wants to record them and listen to that sound over and over. "O-oh, I thought you'll get angry because... well, I'm pursuing you but... uhh I was bound..." he looked down, a mix of disappointment because Zhan didn't even get angry about that and happy that Zhan understood and it won't be hard to make him understand things. 

"You're funny," he remarks as he laughs, "Getting angry makes your lifeline grow shorter," he added. 

Yibo chuckles as he watches the omega with fondness in his eyes. His beautiful laughs, the pretty smile he is making, and the sun rays beaming through the window that slightly hitting his pale skin, everything! He looks ethereal and lovely. He wants to make that smile be his again, he wanted this gorgeous man in front of him to be his once again. Oh, how he miss seeing those smiles which he receives freely when their relationship was still healthy. 

Yibo looked down, trying to control his lips or he might smile like an idiot in front of the omega. "L-let's eat..." he stutters, he can't hide his smile so he decided to let his head stay down. 

-----

A/N: Lame? HAHAHAHA