WATO 54

Yibo carried Zhan into bridal style, careful not to hurt his back more than it already is. Zhan giggles internally, his heart is fluttering in joy at the picture he is in right now. Yibo carrying him like a princess? 'Aaah, I want to be carried by him like this everyday,' he squealed internally. But then he thought, what are they? Where does their relationship stand right now? They are just exes but no other label. They flirt with each other, kiss each other, and even had sex, but what is their label? Normally, exes don't fuck, neither do friends and suitors. Zhan sinks into Yibo's chest deeper, biting his lower lip as he contemplates with himself. Maybe it's the right time to make everything official. he doesn't need to think it deeper since his heart is already screaming what it wants. He has already moved on to the past and is ready to move forward to what is in front of him. He already uprooted the hatred and pain he let himself grow for the past years. He feels happier, comfortable, and safe now that he have someone to lean on. He decided to let the future takes its track and focus on the present-- on what is happening now. 

So before Yibo can open the door, he decided to speak. 

"Should we get married?" 

It was weak yet Yibo was able to hear it. The alpha stopped in his tracks from the words the omega said next. He eyed the omega with disbelief, his heart is beating fast, and his jaw dropped. He didn't expect that the omega will beat him to it. Yibo is still looking for the right time to propose, where it is romantic and they are both in the right mood. But to suddenly propose in this situation, both exhausted from intimacy and not so romantic situation, it's kinda surprising and caught him off-guard.

The alpha sighed, then he chortled, he finally regained from the shock the omega gave him. "no..." he spoke.

The omega's eyes went wide, his heart started beating wildly, but in a bad way. 'But why? Why did the alpha reject my proposal? I thought we share the same feelings? I thought we love each other? He even showed me all things that made me fall for him? What is the problem no--'

"...will YOU marry me..." 

now it's the omega who is caught off guard. The nervousness he felt while he's overthinking escape from his eyes. He's relieved and happy, his heart is beating in bliss as he pounces the alpha with a tight hug on his neck. Too happy that he became speechless. 

Yibo chuckled and rubbed his face on Zhan's curls that's just beside his face. "Why are you crying?" he asked softly, "You overthink again, didn't you?" he chortled. "You think I'll let you go after all these weeks of pursuing you?" he added. "I won't cause I love you too much."

Zhan sniffles and sobs on the alpha's neck, hugging him tight in too much bliss. Yibo on the other hand just cradle him in his arms, gradually soothing his back with gentle strokes of circles. "Such a crybaby," he chuckled, "Come on, big baby, you should stop crying or our son will notice and will suspect that I made you cry," he coos. 

Zhan pulled away, eyes squinting and lips pouting as he sniffles. "YOU made me cry!" he sulked, grabbing YIbo's cheeks pinched them until Yibo yelped in pain. Then Zhan looked away, arms crossed on his chest, sulking. "It's your fault for making me cry so take responsibility!" 

Yibo nods, smiling at the omega so fondly that his lips might rip any second. "Yes, yes. This alpha will take responsibility for his omega~" he teased. 

The omega huffed, "I didn't say yes yet!" he fired back. But the alpha only chuckled at him, "so you don't want to marry me?" he pouted. 

The omega turn his eyes at him, squinting and lips pouting, "Hmp! I want to!" 

"Then that's settled," The alpha replied, smirking internally. "Should I put the queen on the bed chambers then?" he proposed which the omega answered with a nod.

And so Yibo took Zhan to their room, gently putting him down the bed to avoid causing his back more pain. "Wait for me here, 'kay? I'll clean the other room then I'll be back," he coos, brushing his fringe away from his face before planting a kiss on his forehead. "You can wait for me or you can sleep first, whichever you want, hm?" he says as he stood.

The omega just nods and follows the alpha with his eyes as he went out of the bedroom.

Zhan's cheeks feel hot, his heart is beating wildly and his stomach is churning. Shit, he can't explain how happy he is right now. 

.

Yibo didn't cause much time cleaning the other room. After finishing up, he came back to Zhan's room, only to find the latter caressing their son's forehead. Zhan turn his eyes to the door upon hearing it open, he smiled when he saw the alpha peeking and eventually enter the room.

"I thought you're exhausted enough to be asleep by now," he commented which made the omega chuckle. "Can't sleep, seems like my mind is too happy to be asleep," he replied. 

The alpha scooted on the other side of the bed, whilst the kid is between them. He too put his hand on the kid's head, caressing it gently just like what Zhan is doing. Then he spoke, "You know what..." he paused, causing the omega's attention to turn to him, anticipating the next words the alpha will utter.

"I didn't expect you to beat me to it."

"What is?" the omega asked curiously.

"In proposing... I am trying to find the right time for everything, in a little romantic atmosphere, just like that. But well, you just suddenly proposed out of nowhere, it surprised me. And it hurts my pride that YOU proposed and it's supposed to be me," he chuckles. 

Zhan snickered under his breath, "That's what you get when you're too slow, dummy," he remarked. 

Yibo shook his head, smiling. The omega thought he will fire back but what the alpha did made Zhan's cheeks blush hard, thanks for it's too dim for Yibo to notice. 

Yibo grabbed his hand that was resting on Sean's head. Then soon after, he felt soft lips pecking on his knuckles. "Still, I'm happy that you're already mine," he remarked. 

Zhan hums, smiling widely as he watches Yibo's face, gently lighted by the moon who is peeking from the windowpane. "Yeah. I love you."

That just made Yibo's heart flutter in joy, the omega finally said 'Iloveyou'. It's the phrase he is waiting to hear from the omega's beautiful lips. He smiled wide as if there's no tomorrow, then clutch on his hands tighter than before, then he declares.

"I love you more, my omega."

-----

A/N: Haluuu, I'm so sorry for not updating for how many days, holidays happened. lol. Anyways, got busy because of the holidays plus it's my mother's birthday on 29 so gotta prepare for her birthday. We're surprising her so I'm kinda busy these days. But now, I decided to update cause I miss updating this. Anyways, thank you for waiting, I hope I didn't discourage you by not updating for days. hehe