WATO 15

It's another sunny morning, Yibo woke up at his usual to purposely take a peek at Sean at daycare. It became his routine and he never missed a day, he feels empty and lacks serotonin to make his day at work easier when he cannot get a glimpse of the little one. 

He went out of the inn and headed to the daycare next to it, but was dumbfounded to see an empty ground, no children, no teachers and parents around. His shoulder slumped, his energy booster was nowhere to be found. he sighed defeated, turning his heels around to go back to the inn when a voice called him. 

"Yibo?"

Turning around, he saw Principal Liu. "Are you looking for Sean?" the other alpha asked. Yibo didn't deny and nodded, "Yeah, I suppose they don't have class today?" he asked, disappointment is clear in his tone. 

Haikuan chuckled, "Oh sorry, you didn't know. In this countryside, it's non-working holidays. But for me it isn't, well, I own the school so I need to check something here and there," he answered. 

Yibo nodded, so there's really no way he can see his serotonin booster today huh? He smiled faintly at Haikuan, "Oh, is that so? It's okay, I'll probably see him tomorrow anyway," he says. Even if he says it's okay, the sadness in his eyes was obvious which Haikuan noticed anyway. 

"You can just jog around the neighborhood, who knows you might see the kid somewhere," Haikuan suggested which lighted Yibo's mood.

The slump on Yibo's shoulder lightened, "W-well, I guess I can do that," he agrees. 

Haikuan chuckles at him, "Then, this way is that kid's house. You'll not get lost since, but if ever you were you can just ask anyone for direction," he added before opening the gate. "Have a nice jog, good morning!" he greeted entering the school.

Yibo nodded, followed his direction, and made his way. 

.

"Good morning, LiYing," Zhan greeted when his visitor came out of the guest room, hair slightly messy. 

"m'rning..." she greeted back with a wide yawn.

A small chuckle left Zhan's lips, turning his head to see how messy the alpha is in the morning. "I'm glad I suggested to let you stay here for the meantime, it's a non-working holiday today. You could have been bored by now holed up in an inn," he remarks, "Anyway, you can wash your face first, I'm still cooking the breakfast," he suggested, which he received a sleepy nod before heading to the bathroom. 

She finished quickly and was a lot more awake than before. "Good morning!" she greeted once again, but now with her utmost energy. She smiled to herself, watching as the omega prepped their food, 'Damn, he's still pretty even at the back. This feels domestic,' she thought, giggling inside her head. Her heart flutters every second she stares at the omega.

"Morning again," Zhan greeted back, not giving her a glance. 

"The food smells nice," She complimented, sitting at one of the seats on the dining table. 

Zhan chuckles, "I'm glad," he remarked. 

"By the way, is the air here in the countryside fresh? I mean, is it not polluted like in the city?" she asked, curiously, glancing at the gap of the curtains. 

Zhan smiles, turning his head at her, "Why don't you try checking it out. But don't just go too far. I'll tour you later anyway," he suggested, turning back his attention at the food he's preparing.

The alpha smiles back, 'Ah, this feels like heaven~ A beautiful omega in the morning, fresh air with no pollution, and nature.,' she thought together with her imaginative thoughts like 'what if they are married' and the like. 

"Sure!" she answered, standing from the seat and heading to the front door. As she open the door, a fresh breeze of morning air passed her face, it was peaceful, with no sound of car engines or busy streets of the city. It was all nature sounds that fills your head with peaceful thoughts. 

She steps out, just not beyond the gate. Her eyes traveled at the peaceful surrounding, it didn't last long though. Her eyes were glued at the person who is standing in front of her who was equally surprised as her. 

"What are you doing here?/ Why are you here?" the two exclaimed at the same time, brows furrowed in confusion.

"I'm here for business!" Yibo retorted. 

The female alpha raised her brow at him to intimidate the other, "I am, too!" she retorted back. 

"I don't believe you! You know what? I'm calling your manager! She probably doesn't know you're here," he threatens and was about to grab his phone from his pocket when she stopped him. 

"She knows! goddammit! why do you even care anyway? I'm on a business, you don't need to interfere!" she fired back. 

Yibo let out a frustrated sigh, "I don't even care what you are doing but fuck, if you get into trouble I'll get too!" he tsked. 

She rolled her eyes, "As if I liked being bound to this fucking arranged engagement!" she hissed. 

"I hate this as well, as if you'll know how much I hate it," he rolled his eyes, growling back. 

.

Zhan was finished preparing the food on the table when he heard bickering just outside his house. 

"Mommy?" Consecutively, his son came to him, rubbing his eyes with his little yawn. He ignored the sounds coming from the outside anyway and turn his attention to his son, who came out of their room with his rabbit pajamas. 

Zhan smiled fondly at his kid, crouching down to his level, "Oh, good morning baby. I didn't wake you because you have no school today, and mom has no work too, we can play with auntie later," he says, picking up his kid. Last night when they came home, Sean was easy to get along with LiYing. A kid like Sean who's not really a shy type and more extroverted, he's able to get close to people. Either way, they're close enough to be friends but not as close enough to carry the kid in her arms.

"Come, let's call auntie for breakfast so we can play after," Zhan says. 

Sean held around his mother's neck as he rest his head sideways at the crook of his mother's neck. "Hmn," he hummed as an answer, eyes still a little droopy.

And so they head into the front door. 

When the door opened, his body froze. Memories that were buried at his deepest suddenly resurface when the face of the person he barely forgets is standing meters away from him. His heartbeat quickens in a bad way, and a lump stayed at his throat, unable to swallow and tears are already building up in his eyes. 

'Zhan you need to close the door,' is what his brain tells him, but his body won't move, 'NOW! CLOSE THE GADDAMN DOOR!' his brain keeps repeating. He needs to recover from this, he needs to shut the door, or else he'll get swallowed with the hurtful past. His body won't listen to him, 'for fucks sake, please cooperate!' he chanted.

Just as he was able to grab the doorknob, Sean squirmed out of his hold. "Uncle Bo!" he shouted. Zhan's eyes are wide, horrified at the scene he's witnessing. No fucking way that he's the man his son is mentioning, no fucking way. But what he is seeing now isn't a dream (which he wished it was really a dream). 

Sean made the equally surprised man recover from his staring at Zhan, and crouch down to the kid's level to carry him in his arms. 

And fuck, Zhan wishes he never opened the door. How can he face the person who broke his heart years ago? and how can he hide the pain that resurfaced after seeing him to his child? He doesn't want to cry in front of him nor let his kid knows that he's his asshole father. Zhan clenched his fist, fighting the tears that's building up, he can't do anything but calm down right at this moment, toughen up, and not get carried away by his emotion. He's going to face it since he had no choice anyway, now that he's already in front of him.

-----

A/N: Why are you all even eager to let them see each other? You'll just hurt yourselves, y'know? Hahahhaha anyways, there they already met after years. I hope you'll not regret your decisions. mweheheheh