WATO 8

After the call cut off, he slumps his head on the sofa's headrest followed by a long sigh.

But then a voice of a woman suddenly spoke, ruining his overthinking, "Stress?"

Zhan's eyes went wide seeing who it was, it was the person he feared to show his face to, what if she recognize him since she is from the entertainment industry?

"Oh, I-I feel fine," he answers, sitting properly and scooting over to give her space. 

She chuckles, truly, this man in front of her looks more beautiful this close. She sat down at the other edge of the sofa in the lobby while Zhan is on another edge. "I thought you need someone to talk it out. You know it's not good when you just keep your problems to yourself. It takes someone to help you ease a little," she smiled, "By the way, I'm Zhao LiYing. May I know the name of this gorgeous man?" she said, offering a hand, trying to hint a little flirting. 

But Zhan is an oblivious man, maybe it's because he's too focused on taking care of his son that his body forgot what flirting is. "I'm Zhan," he introduces, shaking her hand. Xiao Zhan is glad, she doesn't know him, If she does, he doesn't what to do. What if reporters try to find him, or even the company he works at in the past years?

"Zhan..." she murmurs, nodding with the discovery that his face is not just beautiful that his name as well, "By the way, what's bothering you this late at night? Want to share them?" she asks.

Zhan looked at his fidgeting fingers, contemplating if he should talk about it.

"Oh, sorry. That must be straightforward of me. How about this? I could share my problems with you and you can share yours?" she asked, who is she to back down? It's the first time she became drawn to an omega like this, and she'll not waste her chance since she feels like fate brought them to meet at this moment. 

"W-well... okay," Zhan answered, smiling a little at her. It doesn't hurt to open up a little right, it's not like she knows him that much.

She smiled back, now's her chance. "Well, one thing I have been troubling now is that I'm stuck in an arrange marriage," she confesses, followed with a long sigh. 

Zhan looked her way, intrigued at her confession, "Is arranged marriage still present these days?" 

she scoffed, "My father is an old hag," she rolled her eyes. 

Zhan chuckles softly at her remark, "That's too harsh to call your father," he replies, making LiYing's eyes wide.

'He laughed? shit, he's dazzling!' she said inside her head. It's as if sparkles floating behind Zhan, radiating his pretty features. She malfunctions for a second there, her cheeks flushing slightly pink. 'Damn LiYing, compose yourself. You need to act cool!' she scolded herself.

"W-well, he's really an old hag. Well, I'm glad my workaholic of a fiance is out of town for work for a month, I have all my freedom," She giggles then shrugs, "it's not like we hold each other's neck or something. It's just, I feel suffocated breathing an alpha's scent." she added.

"Must be tough bound to a loveless engagement," Zhan supplies. 

"Yeeeeah~super!" she whines pout, extending the 'e' with her grumbling.

Zhan looks at her, chuckling at her pouty face. Well, he didn't think this actress would have a childish side of her. She thought she's the type to be having a colder side when out of the camera's sight.

"You'll find out a solution soon, then when you're free you can fall in love freely," Zhan replies. 

She turn her gaze at him, smiling fondly at what the omega just said, "I will definitely do that," she says, her determination to break the engagement had become bigger, now that she's motivated.

"How about you, what's you're problem?" she asks.

Zhan sighs, it's now his turn since he listened to her problems as well, "Well... I'm worried about my son," he confesses. 

As if a sound of a glass breaking rang in LiYing's ears, son? is he married? 

"And well... being a single mother is tough. I'm worried that my son might look for me or cry in the middle of the night since it's the first time he's not sleeping with me," he added, head lowered to hide his sad eyes.

The word 'single mother' made LiYing's dejected heart recover. It's good to know that he's still single.

"I don't know much of being a parent, but you can just call him to check on him," she suggested. 

Zhan sighed, "I did.." he mumbles.

She tilted her head, "And how's he?" she asks.

"He sounds well, he's also the one who tells me to not worry so much," he smiled weakly. 

LiYing chuckles softly, "Looks like your son is a brave boy. I actually think you're the one who misses him so much."

Zhan looks at her then smiled, then look down at his hands once again, "Maybe I am. I'm just not used to being away with my son. He's my world and my all," he confessed.

After hearing that, LiYing fell deeper. She thought what she feels was a mere crush on an omega. But she didn't think that knowing this side of him would make her heart flutter. Ah, she's hooked. 

"Anyway, we should go to our room, already," Zhan says with a satisfied smile, standing from the sofa. 

LiYing smiled wide, "we should. It's already late and you should be resting," she added, standing on her feet. 

They both made their way, standing a meter away from each other. Then they stopped in front of Zhan's room. 

"Well then, it's nice meeting you," he bids at her, grabbing the knob of the room. 

"I'm glad I meet you," she says, smiling fondly at the omega. 

Zhan chuckles, opening the door of the room slightly, "I am the one who's glad to have someone listen to me," he replies. "Thank you and good night."

LiYing chuckles, "Good night. The next time we meet, I will get your number," she declares. 

Zhan tilted his head in confusion, "Why next time if I can give you right now?" 

LiYing grins, "well, for fate's sake," she answers, "Good night and see you~" she bids, waving a  hand at him as she walks her way to her own room. 

Zhan watch as her figure gets smaller as she gets farther away. Either way, he entered the room confused. 

"You're back," Zhuocheng welcomes him.

Zhan scratched the back of his neck, "Yeah, sorry. It took long, I stumbled upon one of the judges for tomorrow," he replies. 

"If I guess it's the actress Zhao?" 

Zhan chuckles awkwardly, "yeah, but she seems like she doesn't know that we're one of the contestants."

Zhuocheng shrugs, "either way, she's the one who approaches you right?"

Zhan nods. 

"Then let's go to sleep. We need strength for tomorrow too," Zhuocheng said, turning off the lamp on the bedside table.

----

A/N: Don't get mad at me with this update hahahhah