Pick One

As I sit here on this bed next to Luke, trying to not let his sweet and swooning words cloud my head I realize I have to decide.

I've been over the options countless times. One is filled with happiness and memories I'll remember forever. The other leads to fighting and resentment along with things that I'll never forget.

Just pick one, you can do this Jo.

After awhile of me laying with Luke I nervously break the silence. "Luke?"

"Hmm?" He hums while tracing his finger tips up and down my side.

"I'll come with you.."

"Really?" He looks down at me with a shocked expression.

I use the hand that's resting on his chest to sit myself up. "Yes," I smile. "I'm choosing to believe in us. I think this is what people call taking a leap of faith. I guess what I'm saying is...I choose you."

He smiles, happiness spreading across his beautiful face. "I don't..I umm, I don't really know what to say.." He giggles.

"Don't say anything just lay with me." I nuzzle back into him and he wraps his arm around me.

"Oh, but Luke I have one condition." I bite my lip nervously.

"Anything." He's quick to agree. Little does he know that my one condition will probably kill both of us.

"Celibacy." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"What? Like no sex?"

"Yes Lucas," I smirk even though he can't see me. "I have decided that in order for us to work on our relationship we need to not be corrupted by all the hot and dirty sex."

"But I like having hot and dirty sex with you. I think its very healthy for our relationship." He kisses the top of my head as I laugh.

"Too late you already agreed. I will come with you on tour and we will work on us. It will be worth it I promise." I lean up and kiss his lips softly.

"Does that mean-"

I cut him off and giggle at the fact that I already know what he's about to say. "Yes Luke that means no blow jobs."

--

After agreeing to go with Luke my head was full of worries, full of what ifs and possibilities. It was all over the place but I managed to forget about it all long enough to lay with him and soak in that for once, we weren't saying goodbye.

It was around ten when Luke offered to go get us food. I wanted to take this time to tell Erica while we were alone.

I nervously walk around my bedroom trying to figure out the right words to say. I'm not worried that Erica will be mad I just don't know what the hell to say.

I take a deep breath and find my way down the hall. I stand on the cold hardwood floor outside her door. I feel like I should knock but then I remember that we aren't  people who knock.

She's sitting cross legged on the bed in sweats and an oversized T-shirt with her laptop in her lap.

"Heyyy!" She pats a spot in the bed next to her.

"Heyyy!" I say in an equally annoying voice.

I sit down next to her and decide to just jump right in.

"So I had a pretty insane night.."

"Do you what to talk about it?" She raises her eyebrow.

"Yes and no." I laugh. "Luke asked me something..."