Decisions

With summer coming to an end my need to make life decisions became un-ignorable. Being a 17 year old girl who moved away from her parents doesn't exactly make things any easier.

Everyone else seemed to know what they were doing. Ashton was going to continue working at the video store while Michael attends his last few months before he graduates along with Erica. Luke has decided to drop out because he wants to dedicate himself to his passion, music.

So while all my friends know exactly what they are doing I find myself pondering my two options. 1. I could drop out a year before I graduate and work at the video store. 2. I could finish high school and go from there.  I didn't have much of a problem with going to school, I've been doing it my whole life .

One thing I've learned about growing up is things are  complicated and difficult. Nothing is ever easy and it seems like every human being expects you to be perfect and know everything. I'm not built that way, I see things differently.

I know people aren't perfect because of how imperfect my life has been. I believe that there is more to life then just set plans and day to day lifestyles. I don't believe that you have to graduate and go to college in order to have a successful life, sure its probably the right thing in society's eyes but not mine.

------

The ringing of my alarm woke me from my somewhat slumber, meaning that it was officially the first day of high school. The first day for Michael and Erica that is. I climbed out of bed wrapping my huge blanket around myself as I made my way to Michael's door. I knocked softly three times trying not to wake Ash. Knowing Michael it would take a lot more than knocking to wake him up.

"Mikeeey!" I shook his shoulders as he attempted to ignore me. "Wake up sleeping beauty."

"I'm too tired. I need my beauty sleep." He groaned.

"Michael Clifford you are such a diva!"

He turned his head to face me, wiping his eyes. His hair was ruffled in all directions and his face was filled with tiredness. I kissed the top of his head before leaving to make coffee.

I melted into the sofa waiting for Michael to finish getting ready for his big day.  I heard the floor boards creak as someone made their way down the hall and to my surprise Ashton sleepily stumbled into the kitchen pouring himself a cup of coffee.

He was wearing basketball shorts that loosely hung off of his hips and of course he was shirtless. Ashton has always hated sleeping with clothes on so it wasn't unusual to see him this way at least this time he had on shorts.

He walked over to the sofa where I was tightly wrapped in my blanket stopping in front of me. "Let me in." His morning voice was so different from his usual chirpy self.

I opened the blanket up and Ashton slid his way in pulling me into him. I sat between his legs which were wrapped around my waist as I clutched onto the blanket shielding out any form of cold air. I leaned into Ashton immediately absorbing the warmth from his body. We both snuggled on the couch in complete silence as the sun began to shine through the windows.

Michael had been taking his time getting ready and was most likely going to be late. Erica texted me that she was on her way and I was excited for them.

It was 20 minutes until school started when Mikey was dressed and ready to leave. He was wearing a plain white T-shirt and black skinny jeans. It was simple but he made it look special. As the three of us sat in our living room time passed and soon Erica arrived. The two of them were almost out the door when I insisted on taking their picture. With great protest from both of them I snapped a few pics and they were gone.