The Week That Started It All

"Ashton I'm sorry I didn't call! A friend invited me to a concert and I barely got home..."

"That's ok love, don't be having too much fun without me. Tell me about this friend."

I turned towards Luke. Who was laying on the bed in only his boxers with puppy dog eyes. I tried my best not to laugh.  "Well this friend is very sweet, they've helped through this mess with Layla. We are definitely getting to know each other better." I gasped at the end of my sentence as Luke's fingers ran across the top of my panties. Quickly swatting his hand away I reached for his shirt slipping it over my head.

"Oh really? Should I be worried about this friend are you not going to tell me their name?" Ashton's big brother side was showing and I didn't want him to worry.

"You don't have to worry, that's enough about me how are you and Mikey?" I asked changing the subject.

"We've been lonely without you! Mikey has been hanging out with this kid named Calum but its not the same without you Jo." His voice was soft and sincere. It broke my heart to know how much they needed me and how much I needed them.

"What if I came back?"

"Well that'd be lovely but I have no idea how that's possible." Ashton giggled one of his signature giggles.

"I do and I'm asking if I come home do I have a place to stay? Will my family be ok with that?"

"Of course! When are you coming home!?" Ashton's was filled with genuine happiness.

"One week. I'll give you all the details later Ash I love you and please tell Michael that I love him too. Goodbye."

"Goodbye beautiful."

I turned to Luke who looked a bit confused. Walking over to him I sat on his lap laying my arms around his neck. "I'm wearing your shirt again." I teased him hoping to pick up were we left off.

"You know what that does to me." Luke growled.

"Mmhmm." I began kissing his neck and tracing  my fingers up and down his sides.

"I think you look better without it Jo" Just as he was about to slip his shirt over my head I heard the car door close and my parents make their way inside.

"Shit! I totally forgot We have to stop right now. Get your close on and lay down on the other side of the bed!"

"Things were just getting good!" He complained while ducking under the bed.

I quickly turned off the light and climbed in bed, pretending to sleep. A few seconds later my mum stepped in not to check on me but to investigate. "Jo who's car is outside?What did you do while we were gone?"

"Its just a friends we went to the mall and then hung out here. She wanted to walk home to get some fresh air." My excuse seemed very questionable but my mother was the type of person who didn't care enough about her child even if she knew I was up to something.

Not saying anything else she left the room shutting the door on the way out. I rolled over suggesting Luke to come to bed with me.  "Looks like I have to stay till morning now." Luke stated.

"I know, I'm sorry. But that just means more cuddles." He looked at me and laughed as he climbed in bed next to me.

"We have to be quiet!" I whispered.He didn't say anything he just slid his body next to mine, wrapping his arm around my waist. His body was so warm and comforting it made me crave his touch even more.

I woke up at 6am hoping to leave before my parents woke up. I slipped on some jean shorts and a grey Nirvana shirt, leaving my hair down I walked over to wake a very sleepy Luke. At first I was going to gently wake him with my words but then I decided a different approach.