Road Trip

I somehow managed to get myself out of bed before noon. Which was a huge accomplishment for me, but it was a Friday and I knew I had a lot to do in preparation for this weekend.

Every year right before school starts and summer sadly comes to an end there is a huge party in Sydney. The town goes all out with carnival rides, tons of different bands, huge bonfires you name it they had it. Plus its held at one of the prettiest spots on the beach. Kids from all over come, mainly to have one last kick ass party before summer ends.

The event starts tonight and runs till Sunday, giving everyone plenty of time to have a good time. Sydney happens to be 4 hours away so we decided to get a hotel. Ashton, Michael, Erica, Luke, and myself were all going together and I knew it was going to be an amazing weekend.

I sat on sofa sipping my coffee while the local news played in the background. I was never big on watching the news but I wanted to see the weather before I packed my bag. Sinking further into the couch cushions while scrolling through twitter I waited for the boring weatherman to appear on the TV screen.

After what seemed like forever I was finally informed that this weekend offered nothing but sunshine. Looking at my phone I realized that it was 9:15 and I needed to start getting ready.

Walking to my room I stopped to knock on my roommates doors, receiving loud grunts from both them.  Arriving to my room I grabbed the medium sized suitcase and walked over to my dresser. The simplicity of my style made packing fairly easy. I grabbed a few of my favorite band tees, a pair of shorts and some sweats to sleep in. Since we were going to the beach I grabbed my black tube top styled bikini.

Moving on I grabbed my smaller bag and made my way to the bathroom. I was a little more picky with these items. My shampoo and conditioner were a must have along with my face soap. I grabbed my makeup bag and lotion slipping them into the larger bag.

As soon as I finished packing and attempting to make my self look decent I noticed the constant grumbling of my stomach. Luckily enough Michael had made a sandwich that happened to be sitting on the counter while he put away the ingredients. Just as he turned around my mouth found its way around his sandwich and he looked as if he could cry.

" Do you know how hard I worked on the sandwich? It was perfect!" He stood still in awe.

"Its very delicious, excellent job." I teased wiping a bit of sauce from the corner of mouth.

"Its a good thing I love you." He mumbled, turning back to the fridge pulling out his previous ingredients.

We finished our lunch as Ashton joined us in the kitchen, searching for his own kind of meal.

" So Erica is going to come over in like 20 minutes." Michael stated standing up and heading towards his room.

"What was that about?" Ashton asked peeling back the skin of his banana.

I shrugged my shoulders, continuing to sort through the stack of mail. I found an envelope addressed to Ashton from a realtor company.

"Since when do you get grown up mail?" I held up the papers for him to see.

"Well when you left I kinda started buying this house." He took another bite of his fruit leaning against the counter.

" You what? How can you afford this?" I couldn't stop the words from coming out of my mouth and I felt terrible for saying them. "Oh god. I... I'm sorry I didn't mean-"

"Its okay Jo." He giggled at my nervousness. "I got a job working at the movie store and I took some time off when you told me you were coming home.  I guess with all the craziness I never told you. I wanted you to feel safe and know you had a place to call home."