Time

"How's my boy, has he been taking care of himself?" Liz asks me from across the table. Luke had gone of to spend some time with his brothers and Andy leaving Liz and I for some 'girl time'. Which honestly I didn't mind at all.

"No." I say jokingly.

She laughs along with me. I see where Luke gets his shine from. "Typical Luke, I have no doubt that you do a great job of taking care of him." She reaches her hand across and pats mine lightly. "I'm glad he has you." She adds.

"I don't know how you did it all those years." My mouth tugging into a small smile.

"I have a few tips I'll fill you in on." Liz laughs taking a sip from her tea.

I love how our conversations are so light, nothing is taken too seriously and we can always find a way to slip in a laugh. Most girlfriends tend to clash with the mothers of their boyfriends but I've only known Liz for a short amount of time and I feel somewhat like her daughter.

I can see how growing up with the wonderful people he calls family has shaped him into the boy I fell in love with.

As if on que the three of them come crashing in, Luke fighting to get his way out of a headlock while the other two laugh at his struggle.

"Not in my kitchen!" Liz yells sternly but lovingly. You can tell that she enjoys having all of her boys wrecking her house again.

"Sorry mum." They say at the same time. Luke rushes to where I sit and bends down placing a soft, sweet kiss that he smiles into. I can feel how truly happy he is just by the way his mouth lingers against mine. My cheeks however turn as red as the apples on the counter.

"Look everybody Luke finally got to first base!" Jack teases embarrassing me even more, I laugh nervously wanting to crawl in a hole and die. Kissing Luke in front of his parents wasn't exactly on my agenda.

"Aw, babe don't be embarrassed." Luke giggles pushing my shoulder with his, drawing even more attention to me.

--

"I can't believe this was your room, its so...." I drag out my sentence searching for the right word.

"So what?" Luke asks seeming a bit offended.

"Nerdy?" I laugh laying next to him on his childhood bed.

"What was your first impression of my room?" I ask curiously picking up a worn and rough looking stuffed penguin that has clearly seen better days. Judging by its condition it must've been his favorite when he was little.

"Honestly I couldn't get over the panties I found in your dresser." He smiles and looks at me waiting for my reaction.

"Luke!" I scold him.

He laughs playfully in a very attractive way. "What?" His tone is purposely innocent, pretending he said nothing inappropriate.

"Your parents are right down the hall," I mentally imagine Liz finding out about the sexual things we've done. "And your brothers oh my god."

"I just answered your question." I tilt my head to face him grinning smugly.

"Oh did you?" I ask sarcastically. He nods his head still grinning like a kid in a candy store. "You could've said anything the color of my walls, the stupid curtains anything," I lower my voice and cringe dramatically. "But you picked my unmentionables."

Luke laughs loudly grabbing his stomach and shutting his eyes tightly. I scoff at him as he rolls around filling the room with the sound of his belly laughs.

He gathers himself, wiping his eyes and taking a few breaths. "You could've said your hot, hot panties Jo..." He says in a seductive voice.

He leans in close to me staring into my eyes the whole time, inching closer and closer to my face his body nearing mine.