How Hope Got Her Name

(A/N: Anee is pronounced like Anne. Enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

Isa sat with Nik in one of the study's, Hope in a carrier on the table, ready to go when night fell and Nik had to take her away.

"She needs a name, love," Nik said as he sat next to her, hand on her back as she leaned forward and played with Hope's little hands.

"Courtney? Hannah? Morgan? Zoey?" Isa said, trying each of the names out but unsatisfied with all of the ones that came to mind.

As she looked into her baby girl's eyes, Isa became silent as she realised the real reason why she didn't want to name her baby.

"I can't name her because it's going to make it a million times more painful when we have to give her away," Isa said softly as she began to break into a sob, Nik reaching to pull her against his shoulder.

"I can't give her away Nik. I know I suggested it and I know it's to keep her safe but I don't want to let her go."

Nik's own eyes teared as he hugged his crying wife to his chest.

"Think of it this way," Nik said as he pulled her back and gently began to wipe the tears from her eyes. "We're not giving her away. She's merely going to stay with her Aunt Bekah for a little while, while we murder some witches and werewolves. She's going on a little holiday which means, she'll come back to us," he promised, reassuring both of them, not just her.

"I have an idea for a middle name," Isa announced. "Anee. Short for soosaanee. Which is Aramaic for purple, as in-"

"Purple daffodils,' Nik finished and he smiled at Isa, kissing her forehead. "It's perfect."

Nik then turned to his daughter, her little hand clutching his pointer finger tight as he smiled at her. "To think we almost lost our family's hope for salvation. At least that's what Elijah claims you to be," he muttered absentmindedly to his daughter.

"That's perfect," Isa said as she stared at him, Nik turning to her confused. "Hope. Hope Mikaelson," she explained.

Nik began to smile slowly as he thought it over before trying it out. "Hope Anee Mikaelson. That's our daughter's name."

Smiling, Nik and Isa wrapped their arms around each other as they leaned back on the sofa, both happy and sad tears pouring from their eyes as they enjoyed their last few hours with their daughter.

With their Hope.