Return of the Mikaelson's

(Ok, so just pretend that the plotline of the Vampire Diaries still moved on without Katherine and Nadia dying to the point before they blew up the Grill to kill the Travellers. XxD)

******************************************************************

"I'm back," Katherine sang as she strutted through the door of the Salvatore boarding house and she effortlessly caught the poker that was thrown at her.

"Even in your old age, you shouldn't have been able to catch that," Damon said confused and Katherine only smiled as she twirled the metal rod in her hands.

"What are you doing here Katherine?" Elena asked, sitting on the sofa where her boyfriend had been seconds ago.

"I thought I'd pop in and see if you guys are still alive. And sadly you are, but not for much longer I suspect, what with what's happening around here."

"And how do you know what's happening here?" asked Stefan's voice as he walked in from the pool table room.

"Ah, Stefan do join us. Well, not only am I well informed, but I not-so-recently, reconnected with my daughter, who is a vampire, and she used to run with the Travellers to try and find me. It's in our blood after all. And she told me all about the problems the Travellers are giving you. Very Invasion of the Body Snatchers," she remarked as she strode down the stairs, heels clicking on the wood.

"And let me guess, you'll help us stop them in exchange for what? A date with Stefan?" Damon asked sarcastically as he poured himself a bourbon and Stefan grimaced.

Katherine burst into laughter. Laughing so hard that tears slipped from her eyes.

"Oh, please. Enlighten us as to what's so funny," Damon continued as he sat down next to Elena again.

"That you still think that I love you. That I ever loved you. And that you think that I'm going to help you. I'm a much better actress than I give myself credit for."

Their brows furrowed.

"You said as much when you returned and cut off John's fingers," Stefan said.

"I lied Stefan," Katherine whispered with a sinister smile on her face. Oh, how she was enjoying this, and she hadn't even told them the best news yet.

"See, my few months with you in 1864 was merely for survival. I needed people to know who I was so they thought I was dead and Nik couldn't find me."

"Nik?" Elena questioned and they were all unnerved by the look of amusement on Katherine's face, as if she knew something they didn't.

"Klaus. The same reason I acted as I did when I returned. I never loved you. Neither of you. Who could love two men who were more concerned with the love of a woman, than their family? The things you both did to each other trying to win my affection, were things no brother should do to another. Things you continued doing to win Elena, who's just a cheap knock-off version, not even close to me," Katherine spat at the girl who had an angry look on her face as she sped towards the vampire only to have her throat squeezed before Katherine threw her down on the floor, Damon and Stefan running to her.

"As I was saying, you could never win my affections, because they were with someone else."

"Just get to the point and tell us why you're here!" Damon yelled as he helped his girlfriend to her feet, Elena clutching her throat as she was held to Damon's side.

"Don't rush the story, Damon," Katherine scolded as she pointed the poker at him.

"Who were your affections with if it wasn't us?" Stefan asked and Katherine smiled at him.