Hope's First Heartbreak - Part Two

(A/N: Patentibus means open. Loquere means speak. Enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

Rebekah and Keelin kicked in the door, the wood splintering with the force of their supernatural strength as the couple making out on the couch of the small apartment sprang apart.

The brunette witch was already on her feet, hands raised as she began to chant, but the power of one was no match for the power of three as Davina, Freya and Isa joined hands and yelled, "Nervorum Resolutiones."

The witch was frozen in place as Carter stood at her side, armed with a broken chair leg made of wood as he said, "Let- let her go!"

Isa only rolled her eyes.

"D, who is she?" she asked and the Regent crossed her arms over her chest.

"Her name is Emma, I was wondering where she got to. She was banished from her coven two months ago because she was caught stealing sacred spells and using them for her own gain. We never recovered all of them. She disrespected and defied the ancestors on one of the highest levels by trying to steal the wisdom they'd left behind for those who earned it," Davina spat pointedly.

"I wouldn't wonder if we knew the author of a certain spell," Isa pondered as she leaned on her leg, jutting her hip out as her arms crossed over her chest.

"Kat, Keelin, take the bedroom. Freya, kitchen. Bex, you got the living room and the hallway. Look for any grimoires or old parchments. Tear this place apart."

With a nod of understanding and wicked grins, the women split up as Emma said, "You won't find anything here."

"We'll see about that won't we?" Isa smirked as Davina moved towards Carter.

The hybrid struck out at her, but with the use of her husband's enhanced reflexes and strength, Davina ducked the swung and returned with a punch that struck home. Isa then sped to Carter and ripped the chair leg from his hand before Davina repeated the spell they'd used earlier, freezing the hybrid in place from the neck down.

"Carter! Let my boyfriend go! You have no right to barge in here! Let us go! We've done nothing wrong!" Emma yelled and Isa had had enough.

"Silencio," she said as she waved her hand and Emma's voice was taken from her. "I have every right to do this. I have every right to come in here and do as I please. I could burn this apartment to the ground if I wished to. I know Carter and I know he wouldn't hurt my daughter but you, you seem like the petty, immature, narcissistic type that would hurt her. And I can hear the lies in your voice. Oh, I'm sorry, were you trying to say something?"

Emma only scowled as she turned her head away.

"That's what I thought, witch bitch," Isa smirked before turning to Davina who announced,

"He's been bewitched."

"I so called it!" Isa exclaimed triumphantly as she moved over to see the purple colour of Carter's tongue that indicated that he'd ingested a potion recently, within the last day based on the shade.

"I have not been bewitched!" Carter insisted as he shook his jaw from Davina's grip.

"Silencio," Davina said as she waved her hand, tired of his ingenuine protesting before turning to her sister. "Give her, her voice back. I want to hear what she had to say for herself."

"Loquere," Isa said as she pressed a finger to Emma's lips and the girl instantly burst into protest and Isa squeezed her jaw. "Shut your mouth before I cut out your tongue rather than take your voice," Isa threatened and Emma was smart enough to heed the warning.

"Bedroom's empty," Katherine announced as she and Keelin returned to the living room.

"We tore it up. Nothing's there," Keelin added.

"Kitchen's empty too, but I found plenty of potion ingredients. Incredibly rare ones too. Diviner's herbs. Sage soaked in serpents blood. Poison Marelock," Freya said as she walked in from the kitchen.

"Icy, I think you'll be ripping out more than her tongue," came Rebekah's voice from the corner where she'd removed a painting from the wall only for it to be blank. Rebekah then went to touch it before it appeared to burn her and she withdrew her head as she cussed and began to heal. "Something's behind this wall. It stings like vervain. And why would you safeguard a blank wall?"

"Regent," Keelin invited as Davina moved over to the wall and ran her hand over it, muttering, and the wall began to ripple beneath her hand as the concealment spell fell and let them see the safe that was hidden.

"That's a powerful protection spell. She used the power of the lunar eclipse the other night to cast it. You really don't want anyone getting in there, do you, Emma?" Davina asked with a smirk as she turned back to the witch.

"Now she's quiet," Isa remarked, Katherine and Keelin chuckling from where they stood.

"But even the eclipse can't withstand the power of you three," Rebekah pointed out and Freya, Isa and Davina joined hands.

"Patentibus!" they yelled in unison and the safe door exploded open, plaster chipping from the wall as it banged into it.

"Jackpot," Isa said as Freya moved to retrieve the parchment scrolls and grimoire from within the metal box.

Handing out the parchments and Davina taking the grimoire, the women laid them out on the large coffee table as they went through them.

"These are at least a century old, some older," Katherine said as she examined her scroll, looking more so at the paper rather than the writing on it.

But Isa however, froze when she opened out her scroll.

"This one was written in 1919," she announced and they all looked up to her.

"How do you know?" Keelin asked after she'd tried her curly hair back into a low ponytail as she poured over her scroll.

"Because I knew the witch that wrote it. I killed her after all, so did you Bexs."

Isa then slammed the parchment down onto the centre of the table, Davina pulling it a little so she could see better.

"A witch named Genevieve wrote this spell when we lived here in the 1900s," Isa began as she turned on Emma. "She wrote it, and created an unbreakable spell so she could bewitch my husband into falling in love with her instead."

"Did she ever cast it?" Freya asked, not having heard this story before.

"No. She repurposed it and instead bewitched Nik into trying to kill me and Marcel," Rebekah answered.

"How'd you break it?" Freya continued to question and Isa whirled abruptly.

"Take whatever you need. We're going back to the compound, I'll explain everything there," she ordered and the girls didn't push it as they began to pack up the scrolls, Freya pulling Davina into the kitchen with her to poach some of the potion ingredients from the kitchen as Isa approached Carter.

"Until I say otherwise, you are going to do exactly as I say," she compelled. "Do you understand? Yes or no."

"Yes."

"Good," she announced as she waved her hand and he could move again. "Carter, until we get to the compound, you are not to say another word, starting now. Do you understand?"

He nodded, unable to force the words from his lips and Isa turned on Emma.

"I think you'll make a nice gift for my husband and brothers."

The fear-filled look on Emma's face made Isa smile as her sister's returned, packed and ready to go as they marched out the door.

"Time to break an unbreakable spell."