A Visit to 1994 - Part One

(A/N: Please note that I don't really like this title and it may change if I come up with something better. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

"Mom, where are we?" Melody asked as she, Katherine, Isa and Hope walked through the streets of New Orleans, except, there wasn't a single person on the streets and everything from the benches to the street signs to the cars looked significantly older, by at least 100 years. And wherever they were, they owed thanks to the device that Melody found at the Salvatore house, a device they had yet to realise was missing. 

Davina had identified the device as an Ascendant, used for interdimensional travel by a coven of witches called the Gemini. According to the spirits, the device was powered by blood magic, the type of magic the Gemini were well known for using. However, what these other dimensions held was a secret withheld from even the powerful ancestral spirits of the New Orleans witches. So, they sought to find out for themselves.

Freya had been able to use a spell she'd seen Dahlia use to get around blood locks like the one on the Ascendant, by simply using the blood of a different bloodline to strengthen the lock, because the blood that strengthened the lock also had the power to unlock it.

They also didn't require a celestial event with how powerful Isa and her daughter were, the two of them channelling Katherine and Melody just as a precaution.

"I have no idea, but we're definitely not in our world anymore," Katherine replied in amazement.

Their family had been rather hesitant to let the four of them go on this little expedition but Isa was dying to know why the Salvatore's were in possession of the Ascendant in the first place seeing as it was a Gemini artifact and none of them had any connection to the Gemini. But the magic that connected Katherine to Elijah and Hope and Isa to the rest of their family was strong enough that Freya and Davina would be able to pull them back by force if they had enough magic, and by enough magic, they meant at least 5 out of the nine covens. Melody only got to join as she was the one that found the device, so they'd bonded her to her brother under the light of a full moon to create a temporary bond between the two that would last until the next full moon.

"Mom!" Hope exclaimed as she broke into a newspaper stand, a stand that hasn't been on that particular street corner for at least 40 years. "Look at the date."

"May 10, 1994," Isa read. "We are definitely not in our world now," she said as she surveyed their surroundings before looking at her girls. "Alright. Our phones aren't going to work here, and finding ones from this time is going to be useless if we don't know each other's numbers. So stay within the city limits. Without everyone, it'll be easy to hear so stay within earshot."

"Are we splitting up?" Melody questioned, a little apprehensive since they didn't know what was in this world.

"Yeah, but you're gonna be fine, Mel. One scream and all of us will be there as soon as we can."

"And we'll meet back here in this spot in one hour. If anyone's missing at that time I'll do a locator spell," Isa added.

"And what do we do if we encounter whatever happens to be residing in this world?" Hope questioned.

"Well, first up, do not engage. Even with all your powers Hopes, we don't know enough about whatever is here. Observe and if whatever it is decides to attack first, fight back or scream. But, considering Davina said that these worlds were specially made for whatever was inside so I'm thinking that they already know we're here."

"That's a worrying thought," Katherine muttered.

"Keep your guard up. One hour, ok?"

The other three ladies nodded at Isa before they all began to walk in different directions.