The Mikaelson's Meet Augustine - Part One

(A/N: Alright so we're operating under the premise that Damon didn't kill Aaron who lived on and had a family and ended up lying to them all and continuing Augustine's work rather than cutting them off. Also, the spell that I used was one from the show and I don't know what it means. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

"Why are we in Virginia again?" Rebekah asked tiredly as she walked with Marcel, Diana, Nik and Isa through the grassy areas of a university campus.

"Because several vampires have gone missing and Davina tracked them all to this university, so it's up to us to find them," Nik answered as Marcel turned to her.

"You know how this works Bex. We trust them, they trust us and part of that loyalty is having their backs when something goes wrong," he explained as he laced their fingers together and she rested her head on his shoulder as she sighed.

"I know. This is just way too close to Mystic Falls than I'd like. Not to mention the fact that we brought Diana here."

"Mom, I'm not 16 and it's not as if the town is still standing. And I can take care of myself," she promised as she flipped her blonde hair over her shoulder and her mother smiled at her.

"I know, my sweet, but I'm always going to be worried about you," Rebekah said lovingly as she cupped her daughter's cheek.

"I've realised something," Isa said aloud as they followed her, a necklace in her hand as she tracked the vampire it belonged to. "Asides from Marcellous and Nik Jr who were adopted, our entire family has females as firstborns."

Their brows furrowed as they thought about her words and she continued speaking.

"Think about it. Dahlia was firstborn. Then Freya, Hope, Liliya, Diana. We've yet to have a male firstborn."

She was right.

"Knowing our youngest brother, Kol is probably most likely to break that tradition," Rebekah chuckled, making the others smile as they approached a building with a brick arch in front of the doorway, a building with a sign out the front that said Whitmore House.

"Doubtful. Uncle Kol makes it obvious that he loves his nieces most. We're better schemers after all. He'd love to have a daughter as a firstborn. Though I worry for any potential boyfriends," Diana remarked, making her mother and aunt laugh and her father and uncle glare at her. They had a bit of a knack for scaring off their daughters' suitors.

"Well, let's get this over with so I can go back and help Elijah scare that siphon boy you brought back from that prison world," Nik said and Marcel laughed.

"Somehow I don't think you'll be able to do that seeing as he isn't afraid of anything."

"For a sociopath, Mel seems to have him tamed fairly well," Rebekah remarked.

"It's just like Aunt Kat taught us isn't it?" Diana piped up as they approached the door. "Deprive them of what they most, which is usually a woman, and they'll do just about anything you ask."

"Aww, they grow up so fast," Isa cooed as Rebekah grinned and Nik approached the door.

"Again, I say let's get this over with," he repeated as he kicked in the door.

"Niklaus!" Isa reprimanded. "You couldn't try knocking first?"

He didn't get a chance to answer as an invisible barrier prevented him from entering.

"Can you break it?" he asked his wife who had a weary look on her face.

"I'm not sure. A thousand years and I've never seen a witch break this kind of a sealing spell," she said as she placed her hands on the doorframe.

"First time for everything, mom," Marcel encouraged.

"What something to channel?" Nik offered as he held out his hand.

"Maybe two," she replied as she gave Rebekah a look and she took their outstretched hands.

Isa then began chanting in Latin and very fast that they couldn't make out what she was saying before the wind began to blow.

"Daddy, should this be happening?" Diana asked as she looked up at her father who was growing nervous.

"I don't know, baby," he replied as the breeze grew harsher and Isa's chanting stopped but her eyes remained closed.

"What's happening, Aunt Icy?!" Diana yelled over the wind before it stopped suddenly and Isa let go of Rebekah and Nik.

"The ancestors had a message for me," she explained as her eyes opened. "They want us to find what's inside. They said that they may not be completely ok with vampires, but that whatever's inside this house is a gross imbalance of power."

"What the bloody hell does that mean?" Rebekah asked annoyedly.

"Give me a second to borrow the ancestors' powers and their spell and we'll find out," Isa said as she braced her hands on the door frame, preparing to become a conduit as she channelled the magic of thousands of dead witches.

"Phasmatos salves nas ex malon, terra mora vantis quo incandis, et vasa quo ero signos," she chanted before the ground shook slightly and the barrier shattered like glass before Isa promptly collapsed.

"Love? Isa, sweetheart, are you alright? Can you hear me?" Nik asked worriedly as he caught her but he was met with no response.

"She's out cold, Nik, but she has a heartbeat. I think the spell just tired her out. She's alright," Rebekah assured him, Nik still clearly panicked as he lifted his wife into his arms.

"Right well then let's find our people and get the hell out of here," Marcel said as they walked through the door, the glass crunching under their feet.

Nik set Isa on the ornate sofa as the others tore through the house.

Rebekah was searching through cabinets whilst Marcel tore at the bookshelf, at least until Diana called out and said, "Everyone quiet. I have to do this the old fashioned way seeing as Aunt Icy is down for the count."

The group turned to find the girl with an ear to a safe that was hidden behind a painting as she turned the dial, and listened for the clicking of tumblers until the handle finally gave way and she pulled the door open.

"If you want to find out what the ancestors want with this place, my bet is that it'll be in here," she said as she handed some of the very thick files to her family before reading some herself.

"These are all medical records. Patient 12804. 21735. 46574. There are hundreds here," Marcel said as he leafed through it.

"They weren't patients," Nik revealed as he looked up from his file. "They were vampires."

They all peered at his files, photos of men and women with fangs protruding from their faces as they screamed in agony whilst strapped to tables.

"What are you so worried about?" Rebekah asked. "We're the oldest vampires in history. Whatever vampire is running the show is no match for us."

"That's not it though," Marcel spoke up. "Mom said that the ancestors told her that there was a gross imbalance of power inside this house. Older vampires picking off younger ones isn't an imbalance of power."

"Humans," Isa spoke up as she sat up on the sofa, eyes wide open. "It was humans."

"You're not wrong," came a voice and they all turned to a door they hadn't opened yet to see a man standing there with blonde hair and green eyes. "And you're about to find out just what it is we do here at Augustine."

And with that, he hit a light switch which wasn't actually a light switch as the sprinklers were turned on.

Except it wasn't just water that burst from the faucets.

Vervain sprayed on their skin as they all screamed in agony, their faces burning as the files fell from their hands as they all collapsed to the ground, giving the mysterious stranger enough time to walk over one by one and break their necks, but not before injecting them all with a sedative.

They were in so much trouble.