The Last Gemini Twin

"Ric? Are you home?" Jo called as she walked into her family's house in Portland. The doctor moved there after her boyfriend urged her to move out of Virginia. She'd met Ric at her job as head of general surgery at Whitmore College's on-campus hospital. It was soon after that, that she discovered that he was a vampire. A vampire that helped put her twin brother back in his prison world, an act that almost killed both of them with how hard Kai fought back. Despite merging with Luke, no one trusted Kai enough to lead the coven which is why they devised a plan to trick him with his newfound emotions and send him back to 1994. And for the last hundred years, they'd lived in peace in Virginia, Jo taking the opportunity to be with him forever seeing as there was no way to cure him and she didn't have the animosity towards vampirism that most witches had, not that she was a witch seeing as Kai had stolen all her magic after he merged and she'd been sitting holding her little brother's dead body.

But for the most part, it was a pretty peaceful existence for the last hundred years. At least until the town of Mystic Falls burned down with all of Alaric's friends along with it, friends that had become Jo's friends as well. Alaric was convinced that there was someone behind it for a fire to spread so badly and so quickly that all of the vampires in that town wouldn't be able to save themselves along with what was left of the Gilbert family descended from Jeremy at the very least. So, he'd up and moved them across the country into Jo's family house. The house was still there as the current Gemini leader, someone who was ruling in place of Kai as she was Liv's descendant, already residing in the house. After Luke died, it seemed as if it was impossible for anybody in the coven to conceive twins, the Parker family remaining ruler of the coven seeing as their family was originally in line to be leaders.

Their father swore that when he became leader, a Parker would always remain leader.

"In the kitchen!" Alaric replied as Jo shed her coat and shoes before following his voice. "Hey. I'm making carbonara, you hungry?"

"Not really," Jo said with a small voice as she fidgeted with the rings on her finger. "I have to talk to you."

Alaric looked concerned as he moved the pan off the stove and turned it off, the meal still half-cooked as he saw her nervous yet serious state.

"Ok. What's wrong?"

Jo took a deep breath as she failed to meet his eyes.

"I need some space," she muttered.

"What? Why? I thought things between us were fine?" Alaric protested as he stood straight and uncrossed his arms.

"And they were! It's just - moving back here and helping Laura run the coven brought back a lot of memories, a lot of feelings and things I hoped to forget. And I just need some time to myself. Please."

"But Jo -"

She retreated as Alaric advanced and she raised a hand in the air between them.

"Please. Just please."

He stammered for a response.

"Jo, you're all I have left. Where am I supposed to go?"

Her eyes narrowed as she fixed him with a glare for once again bringing up the fact that all their friends were dead.

"You're stronger than an Original vampire, you should have no problem compelling yourself a friend or a place to stay," she retorted. "Just please, leave."

"Fine," he spat venomously, not noticing Jo flinch at the way he said it. "If you don't want to talk, enjoy your time alone."

And he sped off, the door banging on the wall as it swung.