Return of the Mikaelson's: Version 2 - Part Seven

(A/N: Final Part. And Evanescet means disappear. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

"My darling tribrids, pick your victims," Isa instructed as each of her children stood in front of a Salvatore, Hope in front of Stefan, Torin in front of Elena, Henrik in front of Damon and Lydia in front of Caroline.

"Love, seeing as desiccation is quite the time-consuming process even with our children's magical talent, why not enhance the experience with a little mind control?" Nik suggested and everyone else's eyes brightened.

"There's five of you, so two people can have Elena, seeing as she's the one that deserves the most pain after all," Rebekah added, no one disagreeing as Remus and Melody sped for Elena whilst Cassian stayed with Stefan, Diana took Caroline and Liliya had Damon.

And while the children got ready, Finn directed Isa to the few bags of clothes that he and Kol had gathered before leaving New Orleans, Finn and Kol unable to get it as clean clothes would be pointless if they touched them with their bloody hands.

Isa tossed out the clothes as well as towels they'd stolen from around the house earlier and the tribrids began to chant.

Oh what a sight it was to see the Salvatore's scream as they were starved and tormented by their worst nightmares and deepest fears, their skin slowly greying and cracking as they began to desiccate.

"Isa, please fix him," Finn sighed as he moved away from Kol, angrily throwing a towel on the ground as he failed to wipe the blood from Kol's face. Only Kol.

She couldn't help but laugh at her brothers before waving her hand and saying, "Evanescet."

And the blood didn't just disappear from Kol's skin, it vanished from all of theirs before they changed their clothes.

"Nik," Rebekah called as she pulled a clean shirt over her head. "Think you could put a little poison in them before they dry out? One can never be too careful."

"Not a bad precaution to take. Especially seeing as only Niklaus and his children can provide the antidote," Elijah agreed.

Nik only grinned as his eyes glowed gold, veins rippling as his fangs formed and he ran his tongue over a canine.

"One can never be too careful, indeed," he repeated in agreement as he became a blur, appearing over Elena's body first as he growled before burying his fangs into her neck, the girl crying out even more as the werewolf toxin flowed through her body - what was left of it anyway.

A process that repeated itself as Nik bit the others before spitting out whatever blood was in his mouth as he washed it clean with the bottle of tequila his wife handed him. Gods above, their blood tasted awful.

And when it was finally done, they were like mummies, frozen in a state of agony as the kids stopped their torture.

"Well done my angels!" Katherine praised as she moved to kiss Cassian's cheek and pull Hope into a side-hug.

"Right. Two minutes. Take what you want and then we're out of here," Isa warned and Katherine and Rebekah turned to their sons in excitement - they loved shopping together.

Elijah and Finn went straight for the library as they flipped through the old volumes, Isa was there too but she was searching for the Bennett family grimoires. Bonnie was the last of her line, Davina and the nine covens keeping track of powerful witch bloodlines throughout the world that might pose a threat to New Orleans growing power. And where else would she leave her grimoires than with her so-called best friends.

Lydia and Remus were also with their uncles, having inherited their love of literature as they found first edition copies of some of their favourite volumes.

Most of the other kids were in various bedrooms, rifling through wardrobes and drawers in hopes of finding things that piqued their interests enough to keep them.

Most, save for Melody who came downstairs with something in her hand, something her mother and uncle Nik said to ask Isa if she could have.

"Hey, Aunt Icy?" Melody called as she walked into the room.

"What's up Mel?" Isa asked as she was still hunting for the grimoires.

"Can I have this? It looked interesting but then Lydia said she sensed magic in it so mom and uncle Nik said to ask you if I could keep it."

Isa then looked at the small device made up of old gears and cogs as it sat in Melody's palm.

"Sure, I don't see or sense any immediate threat from it but since it's magical, make sure you run it past Aunt Freya and Aunt Dee when we get home."

"I will," she beamed before pocketing the device and running back up the stairs.

"Icy! I found something for you!" Kol called and she sped upstairs to see the spell books he'd found inside a medium-sized safe hidden in Damon Salvatore's wardrobe.

"Score! Thank you," she grinned as she kissed Kol's cheek and lifted the pile of books, a present for her sisters and for the witches of her city. "Alright, family, time's up. This adventure is officially over. Let's go home."

******************************************************************

The Salvatore boarding house was the point of origin, the place where the great fire that destroyed an entire town began.

Fire officials and law enforcement officers would forever wonder about how the fire started and grew so terrible that it consumed the whole town before anything could be done to stop it.

And how beautiful the flames had looked, lighting up the land as the Mikaelson's watched, safe in the night sky in their private jet as they flew home, ready to celebrate the fruits of their adventure.

Little did they know, that their next adventure sat comfortably inside Melody's pocket.