The Fall of Alaric Saltzman - Part Two

When Alaric came to, tears were streaming down his face as his rage returned and he broke free of Isa and Finn's hold.

"You're going to pay for that!" he bellowed before promptly snapping Kai's neck.

"NO!" came Melody's voice as she screamed at the sight - like hell she was sitting out this fight- except now she kind of wished she had because her aunt Isa had been right, nothing compared to the pain of seeing someone you cared about killed right in front of you. "No! No! No!" she cried as his body crumpled to the ground and she ran to pillow his head on her lap, the man unmoving in her arms.

"You're next," Alaric promised as he eyed Melody.

"Not if I have anything to say about it," said Elijah as he appeared with Nik and Kol at his sides. "Now back away from my daughter," he ordered as the veins rippled under his eyes.

Alaric turned his anger on the Mikaelson men.

"If you're so eager to die, I'd be glad to accommodate you," he said.

"The only one dying today will be you!" Kol spat.

"So let's get on with it then, shall we?" Nik said as he and his family attacked, Melody still sitting with Kai's dead body in her lap.

And they lunged.

The boys and Isa fought so fluidly - Alaric may have been stronger but he was outnumbered and out skilled. They may argue and bicker constantly, but when it came to fighting together, they were never more in sync. They had to be though because even one wrong move could get one or more of them hurt.

Except this time Kai was already hurt.

At least until he wasn't and he gasped awake in Melody's arms.

"Hey! Hey! You're ok," Melody cried as she held his face and helped him sit up. "How do you feel?" she asked as he heaved and swallowed air.

"What happened?" he asked, anchoring himself by squeezing her hand as he tried to acclimate to all the new sensations he felt.

"You died with my uncle's blood in your system," Melody realised. "You're in transition."

His eyes widened in horror.

"No! I can't be! I won't have my magic. I wanted to kill my useless coven with the magic I took from them," he exclaimed.

"Look at me. Look at me," she urged as she held his face in her hands. "We will figure it out but right now we have more pressing problems," she pointed out as she nodded over to where two of her uncles had been thrown to the ground, Finn spitting blood from his mouth as Kol popped his shoulder back into place.

Kai looked from the fight to his girlfriend as she asked, "Malachai, do you want to complete the transition?"

His jaw tensed as he battled with the decision, though, it was a rather easy one.

He may not have liked it, and it may not have been ideal, but there was no way he was leaving this earth without finishing what he started. There was no way he was leaving Melody behind either.

He gave her a small nod and Melody vanished only to return with a blood bag.

"Drink," she instructed as she handed him the open bag and he didn't hesitate to down it all.

He'd asked what it was like to be turned once and they'd all described the rush of power as blissful and euphoric.

It was so much better than that.

There weren't words to describe how good it felt.

Meanwhile, Melody didn't have any words to describe how sexy he looked with vampire eyes and blood dripping down his chin as fangs grew from his mouth.