Breakfast With The Mikaelson's

"ISA! ISA! Wake up!" Katherine yelled as she ran into her sister-in-law's room, dressed in one of Elijah's shirts and silk PJ shorts, hair flying in distress as she moved.

"What is it?" Isa yawned as she woke up, before noting the truly panicked look on Katherine's face and sitting up properly, noting the coldness of the other side of the bed. "Kat what's wrong!"

"The triplets are not in their cribs and Elijah's not answering his phone!" she said worriedly and Isa was on her feet, wavy hair bouncing as she rushed to Hope's room and then Henrik's, both of them being empty.

With fear seeping into her heart, Isa sped back to her room, Katherine following as she watched her sister reach for her phone and dial her husband's number, pushing the hair back from her face.

The seconds seemed like hours as they ticked by, agonisingly long and marked by each ring of Isa's phone as they waited for Nik to pick up.

"No answer," Isa exhaled as she was directed to an automatic voicemail and she hung up.

"Where could they be?" Katherine asked worriedly.

"Who the hell would've taken our kids and our husbands but not us is my question?" Isa said.

"We can worry about that after we find them," Katherine replied and Isa nodded.

"Alright, I'll call Marcel and Rebekah and then maybe even get Freya and Davina involved and-"

Isa cut herself off as the sound of music began to fill the air.

There was always music playing somewhere in New Orleans, but this music sounded close.

"Where's that music coming from?" she asked as curiosity got the best of her and she made her way towards the kitchens, Katherine at her side as the music crescendoed with each step.

And they pushed the double doors of the kitchen open to be hit with the most amazing smell.

And then their hearts melted at the sight they saw.

Nik stood by the stove, a seven-year-old Hope next to him as he helped her flip something in a pan, a six-year-old Henrik on his shoulders as he played with his father's curls that had grown out recently, it made him look more like a father in his wife's opinion.

Elijah however, sat on the floor near the informal dining table that they typically used for breakfasts with their two little families. Marcel and Rebekah lived at Marcel's compound from which he ruled New Orleans. Kol and Davina now lived in this little apartment overlooking Bourbon Street. And Freya and her girlfriend Keelin had recently acquired a place not too far from them. But they all met and Nik and Isa's compound every Sunday for dinner, which was when they used their formal dining room, and a Mikaelson movie night.

But as Elijah sat on the floor in sweatpants and an old blue shirt, he sat with his eldest daughter of three on his lap, as he read one of her picture books to her, Melody and Cassian playing with building blocks on the floor in front of him.

And the table he sat next to, coincidently had already been set up with a glorious breakfast spread, bacon, eggs, croissants, fruit salads and juices and cereals.

All eyes lifted to the two women as the doors opened and they smiled.

"Ah, good, you're up. Breakfast is nearly ready," Elijah smiled as he looked up from the story he was reading Liliya.

"Is it now?" Katherine asked before Isa shoved her arm.

"You scared the crap out of me for nothing," she glared before Hope said excitedly,

"Mommy! Look! Dad is teaching me how to make French toast."

"Did he? I'm sure it's very good," she said as she kissed Hope's head, the girl standing on a little stool to properly reach the stove as Katherine moved over to join her kids on the floor, greeting her husband with a kiss.

"Moring baby. And baby," she smiled to Henrik, standing on her tiptoes to kiss his head before smiling at her husband and kissing his lips.

"I take it from your previous exclamation that your morning wasn't as relaxing as I'd hoped it to be?" Nik smirked to his wife who rolled her eyes.

"Katherine woke to see Elijah and the triplets gone and received no answer on Elijah's phone, so she then proceeded to wake me up and put me in the same state of panic."

The men chuckled, Elijah namely as he looked to his wife who sighed.

"It was a reasonable conclusion to reach after how we've spent much of our lives before having kids. And why didn't you answer your phones anyway?" she asked, furrowing her brows at her husband as Cassian crawled into her lap.

"Ask your nephew," he said turning to Henrik who had a guilty look on his face.

"I didn't mean to! It was an accident," he promised with a small frown.

"He attempted to flip a piece of toast and scared himself to the point where his magic flared up and ended up shorting out our cell phones," Nik explained as Isa monitored Hope as she placed another slice of egg covered bread into the pan.

"I'm sorry," Henrik said and Isa reached up to pull her son into her arms.

"It's alright Rikky. It's ok to make mistakes because you learn from them. So make as many mistakes as you like," she reassured him as he squeezed her in a hug and she pressed a kiss to his hair, Nik smiling at the scene.

"Daddy, it's all done!" Hope exclaimed proudly as Isa began to walk over to the table, Henrik still in her arms as he laughed as she tickled his neck with her nose.

"Alright princess, so now just turn the stove off. Yes, that button there. And I'll move this," Nik instructed before he moved the pan off the hot plate and then scooped up his daughter and the plate of French toast she'd made, the rest of their family already seated at the table.

"Now let's eat."