Return of the Mikaelson's: Version 2 - Part Three

It was ridiculously brutal on the Mikaelson side of things for it was as Melody said, they were vastly ignorant of who they were actually fighting against, more specifically, what they were fighting against.

The Salvatore's all thought that they were fighting against normal vampires that were younger than them, when in reality they had no idea how wrong they were.

Damon flew from the steps of the foyer and toward Henrik who promptly pushed him by his face into the wooden coffee table which splintered from the force.

"Come on," the tribrid chuckled, ignoring the pieces of wood he could very easily end Damon with. "At least make this a little difficult for me."

But as Damon hauled himself to his feet before engaging in a battle of lightning-fast fists with Henrik, managing to get a few punches in and was very surprised at the strength in punches that were landed on him, Caroline had managed to send Diana flying into a bookcase as she took the girl by surprise and attacked from behind.

The wooden shelves crumbled behind her as the books and knick-knacks tumbled to the floor as the girl held her head which she'd bumped before Caroline punched her face, sending her to the ground before she had a chance to recover.

Caroline's heeled feet, however, were swept out from under her as Diana kicked her legs around before jumping back up to her feet, the girls vamping at each other before attacking once again.

Remus was every bit his mother's son in that moment as he fought against Elena.

Their parents had never withheld anything from them, even if it didn't paint them in the best light. They wanted to be honest with their children and had told them everything about their travels through time once they were old enough. And Rebekah hadn't been shy with the details when it came to the crimes Elena committed against her, like driving a dagger through her back and then trying to get Stefan to do the same thing, even if it meant he died because vampires couldn't use the daggers, and even running at her with a white oak stake on an island in Nova Scotia, just to name a few.

Ray hated how easy of a fight this was though, him having to let Elena have a few punches and kicks but they were incredibly weak and incredibly slow compared to the rest of his family when they play fight, not even when they really fought. Even the witches who had no enhanced strength whatsoever, could pack a harder punch than Elena could. Even the werewolves and hybrids who had yet to trigger their curses and be turned using his cousin's blood could pack a harder punch than Elena could.

He eventually couldn't take it anymore as he pinned Elena to the couch, squeezing her neck as he leaned next to her, scooping up one of the broken pieces of the coffee table Damon and Henrik broke.

"You thought that you, a pathetic, weak, fragile, little girl could kill the oldest and most powerful vampires in the world?" he growled through gritted teeth before he chuckled. "How wrong you were."

As he was about to plunge the broken wood into her heart when he was drawn to the sound of his cousin's delighted laugh.

Melody seemed to be having the time of her life as she fought with her mother's ferocity but her father's patience, as well as the skill that they both possessed.

She threw Stefan from wall to wall like a rag doll as her family cheered from the other room, the male vampire bleeding and bruised as glass and wood cut into his skin.

"I don't know why my parents didn't come back to do this years ago," Melody laughed sadistically as she picked up a piece of wood that had been part of a chest of drawers - there was so much wood in this house it was like they were asking for someone to kill them. "I mean, fair enough, they had more important things to worry about. Their kids, for starters," she continued as she threw the piece of wood like a javelin that impaled Stefan's shoulder as he cried out and she picked up another piece of wood.

"And I mean, you guys aren't that important anyway, but today just happened to be my uncle Finn's death day."

She impaled the wood into his other shoulder, Stefan barely having pulled the first one out as his grey shirt became black with blood as it spilled from him.

"And I'm probably the closest to my uncle Finn out of my family, so to see him not want to leave our house because he was worried about what would happen today, made me really angry!"

Another piece of wood went barrelling into his stomach.

"So I thought, why not just remove that fear, permanently?"

The last piece of wood that would've pierced his heart was stopped by Caroline as she jumped in front of him, taking a stake to the stomach as she collapsed next to her husband who ignored the two stakes still in him as he tried to calm his wife and pull out hers.

This only enraged Melody more.

As did Damon who went flying into Remus, knocking the whole couch over before he could bury his stake into Elena's heart.

In fact, in that moment of surprise, Damon was able to wrestle the stake from Remus' grip and plunge it into his chest.

Any cheers that came from outside the barrier spell were silenced.

Any movements the Mikaelson's inside the spell were about to make were ceased.

And all eyes fell on Remus as he gaped, appearing to be choking for a few seconds as his chocolate skin turned grey as he began to desiccate and he fell to the floor.

"You broke the rules," Diana said softly as she looked at her brother's dead body. "You interfered in someone else's fight."

"And therefore," Hope continued as Torin and Henrik dropped the barrier spell and they walked into the room, the Salvatore's cowering together in a small group near the foyer steps. "You lose the fight and forfeit your lives."

"Wait!" Caroline yelled as Diana began to move over to her brother.

"There is no more waiting," Torin said as he stood next to his sisters, Henrik walking to join them as well.

"Time to die," Lydia sang.

"Phesmatos glacies," the four magical Mikaelson's chanted, taking a page from their mother's book as the Salvatore's began to scream as their blood began to slow down inside their veins as their bodies grew cooler. And their skin began to turn black as the frostbite set in and their limbs began to die.

Elena began crying, trying to shake the growing colour from her arm but failed, growing more panicked as she lost feeling in her hands and feet.

But then the front door was reduced to splinters as it was kicked in, and their hearts all halted at who stood on the other side.