Return of the Mystic Falls Gang - Part Three

(A/N: Final part. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

"Now that was very rude," Melody remarked as she watched Malachai pull himself out of the car that now had its bonnet smashed in after he tried running her over when she'd appeared in the middle of the road.

And though her face remained blank, she couldn't help but look the mysterious Malachai up and down as he got out of the car.

"You scuffed my pants," she frowned as she dusted them off only for the stains to remain.

"That's what you're offended by? Not the fact that I tried to run you over?" he asked, his voice deep.

Melody only shrugged as she tilted her head.

"You're not the first person to try and kill me."

Kai smiled at her.

"Will you let me be the last?"

He raised his hand as Melody held her head and started groaning in pain before she flipped her hair over her shoulder and her lips stretched into an evil smirk.

"I'm stronger than your average vampire. And unlike the last three you encountered, I just want to talk to you."

"What could you possibly have to say to me?" he spat, jaw tensed as rage spread across his face.

"Well considering that I'm the only thing preventing every supernatural creature in this entire city from killing you on the spot, it's more about what you have to say to me. Give me a good reason why I should let you live. Give me a good reason why I should believe the Salvatore's over you, Malachai?"

And just like that, his rage faded and was replaced with intrigue.

"You know my name but I don't know yours," he said as he waltzed closer to her as she gasped in wonder.

"I just realised how dreamy our names sound together," she replied as swayed on the spot. "Melody and Malachai," she sang before stopping in place. "Seems very Bonnie and Clyde, don't you think?"

"I think you should give me a good reason not to drain all the magic from your body, because the threat of my impending death isn't enough motivation, Melly. My parents have been threatening to kill me for years," he said as he tilted her chin up with his forefinger.

"Hey, so have mine, but probably not for the same reasons. My mother said it to me the other day for leaving my lunch on the dining room table. As if my siblings don't do the exact same thing and they always leave bloodier messes than I do. Downsides of being the middle child, I suppose. Oh and I doubt you'll like my mother at first, seeing as you seem to loathe someone who looks a lot like her," she rambled, moving her face off of Malachai's finger.

"Has anyone told you that you talk a lot?"

"Has anyone told you that you don't talk enough?" she fired back.

"By the way, my name is Kai. Malachai was the name of the boy that was betrayed by his family."

"Huh," Melody said. "You remind me a lot of my uncle, Malachai. He was also betrayed by his parents. Called him an abomination."

Kai angled his head at her despite the annoyance at her blatant refusal to call him Kai.

"We may be more alike than I thought and by that, I mean you may be more useful to me after all."

Melody rolled her eyes.

"I'm getting bored. So, hurry up and give me a good reason not to drink you dry and piss off my Uncle Kol because I did it first."