Hope's Humanity - Part Two

(A/N: There is still one more part after this to Hope's Humanity. Hope you guys enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

"You will never bring back those abominations!" a witch growled as she stood before Carter who'd been forced on his knees, held in place by the magic of her sisters.

"They are no longer abominations! They never were! They all serve nature and nature has accepted them, you're the only ones who don't accept them!" Carter growled back, the veins in his neck tensing as he strained against the witches magic.

"We sent them to a time and place where they are bound to change the timeline, and once that happens, they will cease to exist, all of those abominations will never tarnish the earth with their presence. Then all that's left to take care of is their parents. The Mikaelson's will die," the witch promised and Carter laughed.

It was as he'd spat in their faces as laughed flowed from his mouth, blood drying on his face from a wound that had already healed.

"You clearly haven't met the Mikaelson's. You are far from the worst enemy they've had to face. They will crush you like the bugs that you are. And when I'm finally free, I will be the first to sink my teeth into your neck," he threatened, blood rushing to his eyes as his fangs slipped out from under his lips.

The witch scowled at him as she raised her hand.

"If you love the Mikaelson's so much, then you can join them in death."

And the witches began to chant and Carter closed his eyes as if he knew what was going to happen.

"No! NO!" Hope screamed as she watched the witches sever off Carter's head before the scene rewinded itself and it happened again.

And again.

And again.

And again Hope tried reaching out with her magic, with her fangs, but again, it didn't work.

"It's a memory, my love. There's nothing you can do just as there was nothing I could do," Isa explained as she walked up to her daughter who'd collapsed onto her knees, tears streaming down her face.

"He's gone, Mom. He's really, gone," she whimpered as her mother knelt down next to her daughter, Hope crying onto her shoulder.

"My darling, this world is big, so very big, you are going to find love again. And I know it hurts now, it's always going to hurt, but the pain fades with time, and you have an endless supply of it."

"Mom, it hurts. It hurts so much. Mom, make it stop," Hope begged, and her mother's heart ached for her as she wiped Hope's tears away.

"I would if I could, Hopes, but turning off your emotions only delays the pain for so long. You have to face it, only then can you be rid of it. You are strong, Hope, so strong. You have to turn it on. Turn it on, Hope."

"I don't want to. I can't. It hurts too much."

Isa looked down at her daughter, unable to come up with the words to describe how she felt, how despairing and worried she felt for her.

So, closing her own eyes, she opened her mind, the scene around them reverting back to their compound home.

"My princess," Nik called as he joined their little hug, having seen what had happened in his wife's memories as she invited him into her mind.

"Dad," Hope cried as he wrapped his arms around his wife and daughter. "Daddy, I can't turn it on. It hurts."

Nik took his turn cupping his daughter's face.

"You said the same thing to me the first night you turned. And you got through it, just as I know you will get through this. Your family will not let you go through this alone. I know it feels like you are, but you are never alone. Turn it on, Hope. turn it on. We will still be here."

Hope's cries stopped as she glanced at both her parents, and her eyes closed as the world around them began to dissipate as Isa released them all from her mind.

And as they returned to the real world, Hope's switch flipped.