What Really Happened To Matty Blue

"What am I doing here?! What did you do to me?!" Matt Donovan shouted as he tugged on the manacles that had him shackled to the wall in the basement of the Mikaelson Manor.

But his fighting only resulted in him letting out a pained scream as the vervain soaked chains burned his skin.

"Matty, Matty, Matty, I have a bone to pick with you," Isa hummed as she picked up a thin silver knife from the rather intimidating array of weapons on the table and walls of the room.

"As do I," came Rebekah's melodic voice as she walked in, heels clicking on the stone floors.

"And I," finished Nik as he trailed after his sister.

"What do you want from me?" Matt asked through gritted teeth and Isa laughed.

"You really don't suit the tough guy act, Matty Blue," she grinned.

"But to answer your question," Rebekah began as she picked up Chinese ring daggers and began spinning them in her hands.

"You're a vampire," Nik finished with a smile, a hand on his wife's waist as she picked her nails with the knife.

"You're lying."

Isa slapped Nik's chest.

"I told you he'd be in denial. Looks like I won the bet," she smiled victoriously.

"I've always wondered, what does my big brother have to do when he loses a bet?" Rebekah asked, setting the ring daggers back on the wall before pulling off a barbed silver bat and taking a few practice swings with it in the air.

Nik's lips were set in a tight line as Isa's smirk only grew and she said, "That's for us to know and you to dot, dot, dot."

"Tease," Rebekah smirked as the bat rested on her shoulder.

"How am I a vampire?" Matt asked, breaking up the moment.

"No is Elena ok? Is everyone still alive? So ever concerned with yourself like the rest of your so-called friends. Why am I not surprised?" Nik said as he rolled his eyes, Isa approaching the blond boy.

She dragged the silver blade down his jawline, not breaking skin just yet.

"You should already know the answer to that question, Matty," she said as she held the blade on his Adam's apple.

He swallowed thickly.

"It started the night of the ball. After our dance, before your brother could break my hand, you pulled me under the staircase and poured your blood into my drink."

She pulled the knife away, grinning as she said, "And what happened next?"

"You compelled me to forget. And to only remember what happened and what I had to do when a hybrid appeared at my doorstep every 24 hours with a vial of your blood."

His eyes remained on the floor as Isa's eyes closed, smile still on her face as she revelled in her plan, her husband and sister impressed as well.

"And why did it have to be my blood, Matty?" she asked and he faltered for a second.

"So that if my friends tried to kill you, they couldn't because then I'd die, because as a vampire I'm a part of your sire line."

"Very good, Matty Blue. Very good."

"He appears very well trained, my love. How devious you are," Nik praised as he hugged his wife from behind, pressing a kiss to her neck.

"Why thank you, my darling. Bexs, would you like the honour of explaining the rest?" Isa asked her sister who beamed, swinging the bat in a circle next to her as she approached the fledgling vampire.

"Oh, I would love to," she drawled as she dug a spike on the end of the back into the bottom of his chin, pushing his head up to face her as he groaned in pain, blood filling his mouth. "Matty blue, that was your name was it?" she asked, with a glance at her brother and sister who smiled as they nodded, bodies still held flush with each other. "What is the last thing you remember, Matty Blue?"

And she yanked the bat from his chin, making him cry out in pain as the wound healed.

"Isa," he answered, swallowing the blood in his mouth. "The last thing I remember was her standing in the middle of the road as I swerved. And then it was cold before everything went black and then I woke up here."

"Well allow me to fill in the blanks," she said as she shoved the flat end of the bat into his chest, making the air gush from his lungs and likely breaking a few ribs. "You and that doppelganger wench drowned. Apparently, she's also a vampire seeing as the Salvatore brothers just couldn't let go of her cold dead body. But yours, they happily forgot about yours. Didn't even remember to host a memorial."

"And so naturally, some of my hybrids picked you up and brought you here. Ready and waiting for when we were reunited and ready to have some fun before we left," Nik finished and Matt's gaping expression turned into a confused one.

"You're leaving? Wait, how are you even alive? Last I heard, Alaric staked you?" he asked and the trio laughed.

"You are really behind on the times, and that's coming from three people from the 10th century," Isa said sarcastically.

"Long story short, is that my brother is alive thankfully, and Alaric is the one who's dead. And we are getting the hell out of this crap town after a night of fun with you, Matty blue," Rebekah smiled.

His jaw tensed.

"What are you going to do to me?" he asked, fear evident in his voice.

"Well, you people killed Finn, tried to kill all of us, desiccated me in front of my wife, and that's just a few examples from the very long list of things I could've said, but I digress. We have you in our basement and no one knows where you are, much less that you're alive, and we've a rather large axe to grind. So the answer," Nik said before pausing for dramatic tension, making the two women he loved the most roll their eyes. "Is that we're going to vent some rage."

And Rebekah's bat became covered in blood as she swung.