Return of the Mystic Falls Gang - Part Two

Katherine was twirling a knife in her hands unconsciously as she stared at the ground.

"A penny for the thoughts floating around in that stunning head of yours?" Elijah whispered into her ear as he approached her from the side, one arm snaking around her front.

"Just wondering if they're ok. Especially since Melody is with them."

Elijah only chuckled as he held her.

"I have no doubt in my mind that whoever this mystery man may be, he won't be a match for our daughter alone, much less the rest of our family."

She released a calming breath.

"You're right... for once," she admitted and he rolled his eyes at her.

"And yet, that is not the first time you've said that sentence," he replied before bringing his lips to hers.

"You couldn't have killed me before I saw that?" Damon grumbled from where he was chained to the now concrete ceiling. Nik and his children had surprised their family, namely Isa, with a makeover of The Garden along with more weapons to decorate its walls.

"Speaking of the mystery man, what do you say we get some answers out of them?" Katherine asked her husband, her hair flipping over her shoulder as her lips turned into a smirk.

"The easy way or the hard way?" Elijah questioned.

Her smirk grew as she sauntered over to Damon.

"Who is the man chasing after you?" she asked directly as she ran the cool blade along his jawline.

"Nobody," Damon answered before Katherine held out her knife and Elijah took it as she wrapped her hands around the Salvatore, her voice dropping even lower and more seductive.

"Damon," she drawled. "Don't you love me? I was your first love, your epic love. I brought you to life. Why won't you tell me what I want to know?"

Damon's jaw ticked as if he was trying to keep his composure.

"Because I don't love you," he spat through gritted teeth before groaning as she gripped his hair and forced him to meet her eyes.

"But I look exactly like the one you love. You only love her because you loved me first. I am the one you love. Who do you love, Damon?" she asked as her lips skirted his.

"You. I love you, Elena," he answered as the compulsion set in.

"Then tell me who's after us?"

"Damon, don't listen to her! That's Katherine!" Elena shouted and Elijah's head snapped to her.

"I do not believe you were asked to speak," he scolded and Elena bit her lips.

"It's Kai. You remember Kai. Kai Parker," Damon answered, almost in a trance before he blinked. "But Elena would know that. You're not Elena," he deduced and Katherine huffed as she pushed herself off him.

"I was going to be sick in my mouth anyway so let's try a different tactic," she sighed as she looked to her husband who handed her the knife back.

"You're - You're the big bad Original...Elijah. Why don't you just compel us?" Stefan groaned and the couple laughed.

"And rob my darling Katarina of her fun? I don't think so," he retorted. "She's also perfectly capable of compelling you herself."

"Bloody hell, mom," came a voice and they turned to see the rest of their kids along with Nik and Isa's standing in the entryway, the rest of their family likely helping Nik and Isa or hunkered down at Marcel's compound. "She really does look like you," Liliya remarked as they walked in.