Cursed - Part Two

Blood dripped down Isa's chin as she buried her face into a man's neck.

Her body grew stronger with each drop before he fell to the ground, empty of food and Isa wiped her mouth on the back of her hand.

She had almost lost count of the weeks since their transformation, since Mikael had fed them wine laced with blood and drove his sword through their hearts.

And afterwards, when they'd returned to life, they soon learned of the consequences of Esther's actions. The sun, along with the flowers at the base of the White Oak tree burned their skin, the flowers preventing compulsion. The villagers who'd once opened their homes to them could now keep them out. And the White Oak itself, the tree that gave them life, could also take it away.

And so, naturally, the Originals found a way to survive.

Esther made them special rings with blue gemstones that shielded them from the sun. And once a villager had invited them inside, they could once again come and go as they pleased. And as for the White Oak tree, they burned it to the ground.

But the hunger, the bloodlust, was the one thing they had no solution for.

Blood had given them life, so it was blood that they craved above all else.

And it was blood that Isa and Niklaus had been indulging in on this particular night.

The body Nik had been feeding on had just fallen to the ground, mouth wet with blood as he smiled at his wife, power in his veins, before that smile turned into a scream.

Nik screamed again and again and the crunching sound of his bones breaking echoed through the air as he fell into Isa's arms.

Then came the voice of the person in this world that Isa hated the most.

"NIKLAUS!" Elijah called as he heard his brother's screams and came running through the woods.

"What is happening to me?!" Nik cried as he screamed again and more bones broke and Isa was ripped from him by Mikael.

"NO! Let me go!" Isa screamed as she fought Mikael's grip.

"Father! Isa! It hurts!" Nik cried as he continued to scream and anger flooded Isa as she snapped Mikael's wrist and forced him off her, only for him to speed to her and snap her neck.

Isa was limp as she hung over one of Mikael's arms as he beheld Klaus, who'd grown even more fangs as his eyes glowed golden yellow and he roared into the night.

"He's a beast. An abomination," Mikael spat as he explained it to Elijah whom he'd held back. Mikael then looked from Isa to Klaus and thought about what this meant. What his wife had done. What he had done. And now, what had to be done.

He threw Isa's body towards Elijah who barely caught her, scooping her into his arms after brushing the hair from her face, checking if she was alright.

"Take her to the clearing. And go fetch your mother. I'll handle the beast," Mikael ordered, but Elijah hesitated.

"GO, Elijah!"

And Elijah sped off into the night.

******************************************************************

Mikael, though infuriated by the actions of his wife, was more concerned now with rectifying what had been done.

Esther had cast a spell that had halted Klaus' transformation, causing him indescribable agony as he tried to turn with no avail. They had then met Elijah in the clearing, Isa's body resting atop a stone altar in compliance with Esther's wishes to reverse what she had allowed.

And as she lit the fire and began chanting, Mikael struggled to contain a fighting Klaus as he attempted to escape the shackles that tied him to a wooden stake.

"Elijah! Elijah! Hold him down!" Mikael ordered through gritted teeth as he struggled to hold Klaus, and Elijah once again hesitated.

"Brother! Please! Don't let them do this to me!" Klaus begged and the chains rattled as he tugged them.

"Do it now boy! Do it now!" Mikael yelled and Elijah held his brother down.

"Help me," Klaus pleaded as Mikael chained his other hand before moving to his legs.

Elijah said nothing.

"Help her," he asked, gesturing to where his wife lay.

But again, Elijah did nothing.

Nik was filled with rage but he couldn't act on it before Esther walked over, chanting as she held a smooth pink stone in her hand and he began to scream.

Mikael then ordered Elijah back to the village as Klaus continued to scream, and this time he did not hesitate as he ran.

Mikael then watched as the stone glowed, Esther pouring a vial of blood over it, the blood of the doppelganger and Klaus' screams became excruciating before they stopped and he grew limp, eyes closing as he descended into slumber, his bones healing.

"Is it done?" Mikael questioned.

"Yes," Esther answered with a shaky tone. "He is only a vampire now. I have cursed him, bound his werewolf side to this moonstone. And with the doppelganger dead, it is not able to be undone."

"And her?" he asked, gesturing to Isa's unconscious form and Esther swallowed.

"I have placed a curse upon her also. Bound within the stone as well. So long Niklaus remains cursed, unable to have any connection with his werewolf side, Isa will remain infertile."

"And you are sure it will be unbreakable?"

"Nothing is truly unbreakable but there has never been a more complicated curse ever written before. There are endless ingredients and requirements to break the curse, and he will never be able to discover them all nor acquire them all for centuries, even millennium."

"Very well. Let us go. We should have a talk as to why an abomination of a creature lives."

Esther tried not to appear frightened as they walked off, leaving both Klaus and Isa behind.

Leaving them both cursed for all time.

Or so they thought.