Lost in Time - Part Three

(A/N: This is the second last part. Praesidium means protect and oblivisci means forget. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

Esther was still in her black dress as the siblings all joined hands. "I spent most of the party upstairs but I could still sense the power radiating from you four. Who are you?" she asked.

"I'm Lisa. And this is Hannah, Harry and Toby. We're siblings," Lydia answered, saying the first names that popped into her mind as Esther angled her head at her.

"But what more are you, because all of you are more than human, that's for certain. And if you're witches, then I have a proposition for you."

"We won't help you kill your children," Henrik said, glare murderous, looking scarily a lot like his father.

"And how would you know that?" she asked as her eyes widened and she studied them further. "You aren't from here. Or rather now. Who are you?"

Lydia stepped forward, her expression that of her mother's confidence but formed with her father's features as she tossed her deep red hair over her shoulder.

"We are Mikaelson's. We are the next generation and we will not help you kill our parents and our family just because you are ashamed of your own actions," she spat, her siblings standing a little straighter behind her as Esther looked over them in shock.

She took a step further into the room.

"I don't have to ask to know which one of my children fathered you. You are his spitting image, Harry, almost identical."

He laughed as he moved to Lydia's side.

"My name is not Harry," he spat. "It's Henrik."

Their grandmother seemed to falter at the sound of the name she hadn't heard in centuries.

"What?"

"Oh, do you not remember, Grandmother?" Torin asked exaggeratively as he stepped up to his sister's side. "Do you not remember the son you lost? Does that mean that you do not remember the lover you had that was murdered by the brute you called a husband?"

Esther seemed to flinch backward as Hope moved forward to line with her siblings.

"I always thought that you were the worse villain. Mikael at least didn't fool his children with lies and grand parties pretending to be a family. He at least had the guts to be upfront with what he wanted. Then again, the truth never was your forte."

Her eyes seemed to water.

"If my children are an abomination, then you all are a greater monstrosity than they ever were. That is why you don't understand what must be done," Esther persisted and the group seemed to laugh.

"You know," Henrik began. "It is one thing to hear that a family member wants to kill you for being born, but it's another thing to see it. I mean we saw it with Uncle Finn, didn't we Hopes?"

"That we did, little brother," Hope said, her gaze of daggers never wavering from the witch.

"What are you talking about?" Esther asked, quite unnerved by the information they revealed and the power they radiated, power that multiplied when they turned and Freya was still helping them control it.

"Oh, did we forget to mention?" Lydia asked with a sweet smile. "Uncle Finn is no longer your little errand boy. He has and continues to fight for us, and for his wife, who like our father, is a hybrid."

"He would never," Esther said in outrage. "My Finn is nothing like his siblings. Ever since Freya died he has hated his existence, a feeling that was amplified by his vampire nature. I made sure of it."

"But Aunt Freya isn't dead, is she?" Torin asked and Esther once again faltered.

And in a surge of emotion, she thrust her hands forward, her magic rearing and ready to throw the group into the wall of bookshelves where she hoped their hearts would be staked with wooden shards.

But they were ready for her.

"Phesmatos praesidium!" Hope yelled as Esther's spell bounced off the invisible shield Hope created, but rather than throw the witch off her feet, it only made Esther stumble as it hit her.

"It doesn't matter what we tell you," Henrik scoffed. "You'll never change. So you might as well forget."

"And you might be a strong witch, but we're stronger, individually and together," Hope smirked before they all yelled,

"MOTUS!"

And Esther went flying into the wall outside the door, falling to the floor, head dizzy and eyebrow bleeding.

"Mother!" came Finn's voice as he sped to her and helped her to her feet, but Henrik and Lydia were faster. 

"Hi Uncle Finn," Lydia smiled as she appeared behind him, moving with the speed of a vampire and a werewolf. 

"Bye Uncle Finn," Henrik finished before he punched Finn in the face, sending him flying back into the library with a single kick, Lydia following suit with Esther. 

"Mother. Mother are you alright?" Finn asked worriedly as he noted the blood dripping from the corner of her mouth and he fought back his hunger.

"I'm fine, Finn," she promised as he helped her stand and face the siblings, Henrik and Lydia walking back into the room. "You may have the power but I have the wisdom beyond that of you teenagers."

The four of them laughed.

"Oh, we're older than we look," Torin revealed as he grabbed Henrik's hand and the boys raised them as they began to chant a spell.

"Nervorum resolutiones!"

And Esther and Finn were frozen in place as Hope took Lydia's hand.

"Phesmatos oblivisci! Phesmatos oblivisci! Phesmatos oblivisci!"

And the mother-son duo was sent to the floor as their memories of the last few minutes were magically wiped.

And it was then that the group of four disappeared in a flash of blinding white light.