Hope's First Date

"Hey, Mom, Dad can I ask you - Oh, sorry," Hope said as she walked into her parents' room to find her mother with her hair up, dressed in nothing but a bathrobe, and her father with loose sweatpants hanging low on his hips and his chest bare, but as she'd walked in, their lips had been attached.

"It's fine. What did you need sweetie?" Isa asked as she moved away from her husband to sit on their bed, gesturing for her daughter to join her, Hope inhaling a deep breath before she spoke.

"A boy asked me on a date tonight and I wanted to know if I could go?"

Isa lit up as she moved closer to her daughter and asked, "Is it that cute one we saw at Rousseau's the other day?"

Hope smiled bashfully as she nodded and Isa grew more excited for her daughter while Nik wore a look of complete shock.

Nik was still standing as their eyes moved to him and he said, "No boy I haven't met is getting within five feet of you, much less taking you out at night in New Orleans with no supervision."

"Niklaus!" Isa scolded. "Carter is a perfectly polite hybrid that asked my permission to first speak with Hope. And we tried to tell you but you would hear no talk about Hope even interacting with a boy of her age."

Nik turned to his daughter who had a pleading look in her eyes.

"Where would this Carter, be taking you?" he asked, trying to refrain from spitting the name of the boy who would dare date his precious princess.

"He wants to take me to dinner at Brennan's in the Quarter before we go dancing with one of the jazz parades. And then a walk through the artist markets."

Nik's face was still blank as he asked, "And what time did he ask to pick you up?"

"7."

Nik took a breath before saying, with a pointed finger, "When I say I want you home by 11, I mean 11, not a second later or you will never leave this compound again, am I understood?"

Hope broke into a smile as she ran around the bed to hug her father, saying, "Yes, completely! Thank you! Thank you! You're the best! I love you."

Hope kissed her father's cheek making him smile as she darted out of the room, going to get her aunts and uncles to help her decide what to wear before her mother would do her makeup later and said mother turned to her husband.

"That was really big of you. I'm proud of you."

Nik's face was still blank as he said with no room for disagreement, "Someone is tailing them tonight."

Isa smirked. "Obviously. Josh has been prepped for this since we took care of Dahlia. I trust our daughter to be able to take care of herself but I do not trust other people not to harm her, despite what her last name is."

Nik's expression melted into one of pure adoration.

"You are perfect."

"Can you quickly show me how perfect?" she asked suggestively and Nik copied her smirk as she waved a hand and the door shut and locked.