Return of the Mikaelson's: Version 2 - Part Two

(A/N: Vis sera portus  is a sealing spell used in the show and I'm not too sure what it means. I hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

"How the bloody hell does anyone live here?!" Diana asked as she tore through the dusty library, the volumes mostly boring journals and milling records and old novels from the 18th century.

Caroline was the interior decorator of their friend group, and when she'd started dating Stefan, they'd simply moved into Caroline's house that used to be her mother's and became hers after Liz passed of cancer. They stayed at the boarding house every now and again but because of their absence, Damon and Elena had been left to decorate the Salvatore house the way they wanted.

"Tell me about it! There's nothing to drink here but bourbon and blood," Torin grumbled as he tossed the crystal bourbon bottle onto the floor behind him, the bottle fracturing on the wood floors as the alcohol seeped through the boards.

"Oh! I'll take a bag! Any O neg?" Liliya asked and Torin rolled his eyes again.

"Come on. Let's find you some," he sighed as she grinned and squeezed him into a side hug.

"Thank you!"

"Junkie," he muttered. "Ow!"

"I heard that," she glared after hitting his head before they both continued into the kitchen.

"Oh my god. JACKPOT!" Henrik exclaimed as he jogged down the stairs with a large book in his hands as his family gathered in the living room where Elena had been compelled to sit quietly on the sofa and not move until Hope gave her permission.

"What'd you find?" Ray asked as they gathered around the book he held, Liliya sucking on a blood bag happily as she returned from the kitchen with Torin.

"A photo album," he answered.

"Shut up!"

"No way!"

"Get out!"

Several of them exclaimed as Henrik opened the book to a photo of a high school cheerleading team, Rebekah front and centre next to another blonde girl.

"That's mom?!" Ray laughed as his mother always seemed too mature and just too good to ever have gone to high school.

"Oh, it gets better," Henrik said as he flipped to another page he'd earmarked.

"Oh my god!" was the collective exclamation as he revealed several photos from the night of the Mikaelson ball. One of Elena and the Salvatore brothers as they entered the ball, but another was of the entire Mikaelson family, a translucent black line through Finn and Kol's faces.

The others were of random people at the ball dancing, Elena in a few of them, but Lydia gritted her teeth as she pulled out the portrait of her family.

"Why do you have photos of my family?" she questioned as she showed Elena the picture. "That's my uncle Kol. and that's my uncle Finn and that's my parents,' she said as she pointed them out.

"And that's my father," Melody added as she pointed at Elijah.

"And that's my mother," Diana spoke as she pointed at Rebekah.

"And this," Cassian said as he found another photo, a photo of Elena at a masquerade ball - someone who looked like Elena. "This is my mother."

Elena's eyes seemed ready to pop out of her skull as she tried to speak only for her mouth not to move.