Lost in Time - Part One

(A/N: Hey guys, it's been a hot minute. This was requested by @HollieBuckle. That is Lydia's dress up top. Hope you guys enjoy it. XxD)

******************************************************************

"Hope, where are we?" Henrik asked as they stood inside a large and lavish entry hall, two grand staircases nearby and two sets of ornate double doors, one presumably leading outside and the other further into the house. It was also filled with people in lavish tuxes and ball gowns, fairy lights decorating the stair rails and lining some of the walls as waiters walked around with trays of champagne.

"I have no idea," she answered, taking in their attire, she and her three siblings who all looked 22 but weren't were dressed in gorgeous ballgowns and smart tuxedos. Hope wore a beautiful dress of blue and silver tulle, with diamonds glittering under her bust, and two small straps of tulle were wrapped around her arms. Lydia was in a stunning dress of pale blue, but her corseted dress was covered in flowers with a small pink sash around her waist. Both their brothers were in sharp tuxes with black shiny shoes and white bowties.

All outfits from their parents' trove of treasures across time.

"I think I know where we are," Lydia spoke up.

"Where?" Torin asked, as three sets of eyes fell on the youngest of the group.

"Remember the ball mom and dad said Esther made them throw, back in Mystic Falls?"

"Lyds, that was over 30 years ago. We can't be in Mystic Falls in 2011," Henrik said in disbelief.

"Oh, yeah?" she challenged. "Then why is Aunt Bekah talking with that human that mom said she turned and then killed?"

Their eyes followed her gaze to where Rebekah was in a red mermaid dress as she spoke with Matt Donovan.

But they missed Torin walking over to a familiar face.

"Aunt Kat," he said as he approached a woman in a black and gold sparkly dress, a dark-haired man on one arm and a light-haired on the other.

The woman furrowed her brows.

"I'm sorry I think you must have the wrong person. I'm Elena," she said, the dark-haired man sceptically eyeing Torin before Lydia walked up to him, linking her arm with his.

"Sweetie, there you are. I thought you were going to get us drinks?" she asked, a confused look on her face as she looked at Torin who quickly picked up on her act.

"Sorry, darling. I got held up," he replied with a small smile.

"Damon Salvatore," the dark-haired man introduced as he held out his hand for Lydia who only eyed him, keeping a fake smile on her face.

"Oh, my gosh! Lisa, is that you?!" gushed a beaming Hope as she walked over with her hand in Henrik's and her other hand holding a drink.

"Hannah, how lovely to see you again," Lydia returned, ignoring Damon's hand and the blue-eyed man grew annoyed as he turned to his brother, nodding at each other.

With Stefan going for Hope and Damon for Lydia, the two men stared into their eyes as they asked, "Who are you?"

The girls only glanced at each other and reacted before their overprotective brothers could.

Placing their hands on the wrists of the Salvatore's, they crushed their bones as they looked into their eyes and said, "Forget that you ever met us. As far as you know, you arrived at the ball and are fighting with your brother over Elena."

"Rikky, get Elena," Hope asked once they were done with the boys, Henrik moving to compel Elena.

The four siblings were then quick to vanish into the crowd, away from the trio.

"Ok, so we're in the past," Henrik relented.

"And we can't mess anything up," Torin urged. "Because if we do, then we may never be born."

"And stay as far away from Esther and Uncle Finn as possible," Hope reminded them.

"Why Uncle Finn?" Lydia asked her sister.

"Because this is long before Rikky and I changed his views on our family and on vampirism. He's still trying to kill mom and dad right now."

"Bigger concern. How the bloody hell are we going to get home? As in home to our time?" Torin asked worriedly, looking at his older siblings who he hoped had an answer.

"I guess we have to wait and hope that mom and dad can kill that coven that attacked us and reverse their spell," Hope said.

"We don't know enough about those witches or the spell to be able to reverse it from this end. Not to mention that we could risk messing up the timeline. So I agree, I think the best thing to do is just wait it out and hope mom and dad can save us," Henrik added.

"But they weren't exactly in good shape before we were blasted to the past," Torin piped up.

"Tor, are you kidding? This is mom and dad we're talking about. They've survived over a thousand years of enemies. Not to mention, the rest of our family would've realised we're missing by now. There's no way that that tiny coven of witches can stand against the entire city of New Orleans. Our uncles and one good clocking spell is all they need really," Lydia reasoned.

"Not to mention Hope's clingy as hell boyfriend," Henrik added, his sister smacking his arm.

"Don't hate on my boyfriend who you love, sometimes even more than I do which is seriously kinda creepy Rikky."

"He's my bro. I gotta show him some love," Henrik shrugged.

"And I'm your sister."

"Enough with the two of you. Honestly, I swear that you're worse than the triplets sometimes," Torin reprimanded and silence washed over the four of them.

"What do we do then?" Henrik asked before the sound of Elijah tapping a glass drew their attention to the stairs.

"Welcome. Thank you for joining us," Elijah said as everyone gathered around, he and his siblings positioned on the stairs with flutes of champagne in their hands.

Their family may not age, but they looked different, felt different.

It was a given, seeing as this was quite literally a lifetime ago, long before all of them were born and before two of their uncles died.

Their parents though, the bond that connected them was strange. This Nik and Isa couldn't feel their kids but their kids could feel them. And asides from the love that was always present with them, there were two other things. One was a coldness, a sort of sense of distrust, likely towards the eldest brother and resurrected mother that they had yet to find out was plotting against them.

But the other was one they'd rather be ignorant to.

The other was a strong sense of lust.

"You feel it too?" Lydia asked with a scrunched up face as they watched Nik press his nose into Isa's neck.

With the same expressions on their faces, the three older siblings nodded. "Yep," they groaned as they tried to push it down and focus on what Elijah was saying.

"You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz. So if all of you could find yourselves a partner, please join us, in the ballroom," Elijah invited before promptly jogging down the stairs.

"Well, Rikky, I think we have an answer to your question," Hope said as they turned away from watching their father ask their mother to dance.

"Huh?" he asked as he furrowed his brows and Hope only smacked her hand into his.

"We dance, little brother."

And with that, she dragged Henrik over to the ballroom.

"Want to join them?" Lydia asked as she offered her hand to her brother.

"Why not?"