A Visit to 1994 - Part Three

"Are you alright, Mel?" Isa asked as she knelt by her niece. "What did he do to you?" she asked as she looked her over, finding no open wounds under the bloodstains and nothing but unscared skin behind the hole in the shoulder of her blouse.

"I'm fine, Aunt Icy," Melody promised as she helped her up. "Mother! He wasn't going to hurt me. You can let him go now."

"And what happened in the last hour that made you two so friendly?" Hope teased as she casually lounged on the chair she picked up from the floor.

"Shut up, Hope," Melody snapped. "Mom, let him go."

"Melody Mckenna Mikaelson, give me one good reason why I should," Katherine ordered.

"Because he is just like Uncle Nik. All he wants is a little justice after being wronged by his family and then betrayed by the Salvatore's. Let him go, mom," Melody answered softly as the tension and anger drained her mother's body.

"Kat, let him go. We'll hear them out," Isa agreed.

"Fine," Katherine whined as her face returned to normal and she let Kai go as he coughed and he caught his breath.

"I see you lied about killing Elena Gilbert," he groaned as he stood upright, a hand still on his neck as he tried to soothe the pain.

"Katherine!" Isa warned as she had a tight grip on her arm.

"He called me Elena! You know how much I hate being related to that doppelganger wench," she spat.

"Mother, he's been locked up for a century now and the only contact with a doppelganger he's had is when Elena and her crew tricked him and locked him up in here. You can't exactly blame him," Melody defended and it was Hope who spoke next as her eyes widened and she stepped up to her mother's side.

"Who exactly is he?"

"After you, Melly," Kai offered, the bruises beginning to form on his neck as Isa raised a brow - Melly was a nickname usually only Finn got to call his favourite niece. "Hey, can I get another hit when you're done?"

"Maybe," she said with a small smirk before looking at her family. "Long story short, his name is Kai Parker. He's from the Gemini witch coven in Portland. And he's just like Uncle Nik," she explained as her eyes looked at Isa in particular. "He was born different, he doesn't have magic but he has the ability to take it. And three guesses as to what his parents called him for that."

"An abomination," Isa muttered tiredly.

"Two points for you," Kai grinned as he walked up to Melody's side.

"All he wants is to get back at his parents and the people who screwed him over and denied him of what's rightfully his. And the best part is, the Gemini can't kill him. He's their leader and if he dies, so do all of them."

"Mel, I have no issue with letting him go, there's just one problem," Isa said. "The Ascendant's gone."

"Oh, that," Kai laughed. "See, the Ascendant can't travel between worlds, another little detail my dear old dad made to try and keep me from escaping. To get out of here, you have to find the mirror image in this world, but it's useless without the blood of a Bennett witch," Kai explained as he pulled something from his pocket and the women's eyes widened.

"Where did you get that?" Katherine asked as he fiddled with the gears and cogs on the Ascendant.

"Well, naturally the first thing I did after being locked in here for the millionth time was find the main thing I needed to get out," he explained. "I am interested to hear how you got around the blood lock though."

"Easily enough. My sister used Mikaelson blood to strengthen the blood lock," Isa began and a look of realisation passed over Kai's face.

"Your blood strengthened the lock and therefore it can undo the lock," he finished. "Your sister must be incredibly powerful to pull off a spell like that."

"You have no idea," Katherine said, her voice deep with a warning tone at the way he stood so close to her daughter that their shoulders were almost touching.

Now it was Isa's heels that clicked on the stone floors as she walked over to Kai, Melody moving to the side.

"You probably have no reason to trust us, but at the very least, you trust Melody. So, I'm prepared to offer you my help. Not just to get you out of here but to take down the Gemini."

Isa extended her hand, not for the Ascendant but to shake his.

"Why would you help me?" he asked.

"Because I know exactly how it feels to be betrayed and denied by people who are supposed to be your family. And no one deserves that. So I'm offering my help to finally give the Gemini's a little justice in the bloodiest way possible."

"I'd take that deal. No one is better at causing pain than the Ice Demon," Hope teased, her mother rolling her eyes.

"Ignore her," Isa said, her daughter only laughing, but Kai showed no signs of amusement as he contemplated the decision in front of him.

Kai looked from Isa's extended hand to Melody who stood behind her aunt, the younger vampire giving him a small nod before he looked back at Isa.

"Ok," he said finally before placing his hand into Isa's and shaking it firmly, Kai being the only one able to see Melody's smile.

And you could see the reluctance in his face as his jaw tensed and he begrudgingly handed over the Ascendant.

"I assume that the eclipse was the celestial event that was used to put you in here?" she questioned.

"Yeah, that's right," Kai confirmed as he stuffed his hands into his pants pockets. "It passes overhead at 12:27 and it's only 11 right now," he said as he consulted his watch.

"Well, do you have anything you need to do in the next hour?" Isa asked and Kai furrowed his brows.

"Why?"

"I'm an Original vampire with the powers of a witch. My daughter Hope, is what we call a tribrid. A vampire, witch and werewolf all in one. Katherine and Melody are Originals as well. And with all that power, we don't need a celestial event to travel through worlds."

His eyes widened slightly.

"You mean-"

"We're going home. You're going to be free. Right now," Melody cut in and she could see his brother's emotions that had become his own bubble beneath the blue of his eyes as his expression changed to one of disbelief. "If you don't believe us, I'll even let you take some magic from me so you can help my aunt with the spell."

"So, Kai Parker," Isa asked. "Are you ready to get out of here?"

His face contorted into a viciously delighted smirk.

"Hell yes."