Cursed - Part One

"Father, no! What are you doing?!" Nik cried as Mikael held Isa to his chest, his sword at her neck and the dead bodies of his siblings littering the floor.

Isa was in tears as she cried silently, her green eyes shining like crystal glass as she looked to her husband.

"Nik..." she whimpered softly, lips quivering.

"I'm keeping you all safe," Mikael spat and he drove his sword through Isa's back, straight through her heart as she gasped deeply.

The white dress she wore was adorned with a blossoming bloodstain as Mikael withdrew his sword and Nik's heart shattered as tears slipped from his eyes and his wife fell to the floor, dead, just like his siblings.

"NO!" Nik raged as he drew his sword and charged at Mikael.

Their swords clanged as metal met metal, Mikael's blade stained red with Mikaelson blood as they fought. The seasoned warrior would never admit it, but he was surprised by the vigour that Klaus fought with. And was surprised further when he managed to swipe his sword at Mikael and drew blood from his cheek.

Klaus's hand trembled as he looked at the blood on his blade and his fathers' anger doubled as he charged at Klaus, disarming him with ease now that the boy had hesitated.

"YOU DARE RAISE A SWORD TO ME AFTER I AM TRYING TO PROTECT YOU?! YOU UNGRATEFUL, FOOLISH BOY!" he bellowed but this time Nik did not cower. All he saw was the dead bodies of his family and it filled him with a rage that wouldn't even cower to Mikael himself.

"You killed my wife. My sister. My brothers. I see no protection in your actions. So go on, kill me. Let me join them."

And Mikael did not hesitate as he pushed the point of his sword through the flesh of Klaus's chest, piercing his heart.

And as he wished, Nik joined his family laying dead on the floor.

******************************************************************

Nik woke first.

He gasped for air as he cautiously pushed himself upwards with his elbows, observing the large bloodstain over his heart as the memories came flooding back.

His eyes darted to where Isa and Rebekah had gasped awake, the girls breathing in slow shocked breaths as they got to their knees, and Nik crawled over to them, his three brothers absent from the room.

"Isa! Bekah!" he exclaimed worriedly as he had an arm around both girls.

"Blood," Rebekah gasped as the red liquid stained her lithe fingers and clung to her long golden hair.

"What happened?" Isa breathed as Nik brushed the hair from her face.

"It'll be alright," he assured her before turning to his baby sister. "We'll be alright."

And then the door opened.

Mikael walked in with a girl in a trance-like state.

"What are you doing?" Nik asked lowly.

"We must finish what we started," their father returned. "You have to drink if you want to live," he explained as he forced the girl to her knees, his dagger slicing up both her forearms.

And all three of them could smell it.

They could smell the metallic scent of the girls' blood and their mouths drooled as they wondered what it would taste like.

But logic and reason made them protest against what they guessed Mikael was about to force them to do.

"Drink," he ordered to the girls, offering each an arm.

"No!" Nik said as he went to tackle his father who only shoved him to the floor.

"Drink! DRINK!" Mikael raged as he forced both Isa and Rebekah's mouths to the girls' wrists, both of them making sounds of protest that went ignored as the blood found its' way into their mouths and down their throats.

And the veins beneath their eyes, along with their eyes, turned red as they pulled away, blood staining their lips as Nik watched on.

The euphoric feeling of absolute power and pleasure coursed through them as their bodies were bestowed with immortality and power like no other.

And Nik watched in horror as his wife transformed, eyes red and teeth like fangs as she snarled, Rebekah mirroring her moves before Mikael forced Nik's mouth full of blood, and he followed suit.

And the first vampires were born.

The Originals were born.