The Original Proposal - The Sequel

It had been a while since Isa had felt the two binary emotions that were panic and rage.

Her bedroom, closet and bathroom already looked like a tornado ripped through them as did the many libraries in the compound and now she was making her way downstairs to ransack the kitchen because of that rage and panic.

"I swear, the only time this bloody house isn't filled with so many bloody people is when I need them to be here!" she raged as she climbed down a flight of stairs onto the second-floor balcony. "Niklaus Mikaelson, wherever you've absconded with our family right now, you better stay there because when I get my hands on you I will -"

Isa was cut off as she landed on the first floor and looked out at the courtyard, and instantly her rage dissipated.

She didn't know how but the entire courtyard was covered in purple daffodils, save for the small pathway that led from where she stood to the centre of it all. Because standing in the centre of it all was her husband with a smug smile on his face and mischief in his eyes.

Her eyes watered as a lump gathered in her throat as she met his gaze.

"If you don't have my wedding rings, Niklaus, I swear I will not take back every malicious remark I just made about you," she promised and Nik only laughed.

"I apologise for the worry I caused you, sweetheart, but I promise it was for good reason," he explained as he held out his hand and she made her way to him.

"It better have been since half of the house looks like a hurricane hit it in my frenzied attempt to locate them," she replied as their hands joined and calm instantly washed over her despite the anxiety that flooded her at the feeling of her naked ring finger.

His hands then gently slid up her arms and to her neck as he pulled her lips to his, all the tension flowing from her body.

Isa exhaled deeply as she blinked a few times before looking back at him.

"Ok, now, are these flowers to apologise for something you've done or have yet to do or merely a sweet gesture?" she inquired as he chuckled again, rubbing up and down her arms.

"You have nothing to worry about, my love. My brothers and I have engaged in no activities that require grand gestures of apology."

"This month."

His smirk returned.

"You have to admit it is almost a record for us?"

Her small hands then gripped his jacket tightly.

"Nik, I love you, but if you don't tell me how and why all these purple daffodils are here or where my wedding rings are, I'm going to hurt you," she warned and his growing smirk only irked her further.

"You are impossible," he said with a smile as he rejoined their hands and then dropped down to one knee. "But I love you anyway."

"Well I would hope so, you're no picnic either."

He laughed as he pulled out a ring box from his pocket.

"To answer your questions, the flowers are here as a symbolic romantic gesture reminiscent of our past and how we fell in love. And I couldn't very well propose to you without your rings, so I may have taken them from you this morning when I woke up to prepare all this."

Her smile glittered more than the crystal tears that were forming in her eyes.

"And why would you need to propose when we're already married?" she questioned as Nik opened the box to reveal her engagement ring nestled perfectly safe inside. If anything it looked larger against the black velvet of the box and she wouldn't put it past him to have gotten a larger diamond replaced on the same band she'd had since the 1500s, which he'd done before. And he'd never tell her about it, he'd just wait until she noticed that the diamond looked a bit bigger than before, or that there were more diamonds he'd added.