The Beauty in the Moment

"You look perfect," Isa smiled at her eldest sister as she finished her make up.

"Thank you," Freya beamed as Isa stroked the brush a final time across her cheeks before packing it away. "Thank you all of you."

"Our pleasure," Rebekah smiled as she finished with Freya's hair, Davina and Katherine mirroring her smile as they fixed up her dress train.

Though Freya and Keelin had a child and had been together for so long, they weren't married. It just hadn't felt right. But, now that Finn had been back for almost a year now, everything couldn't have been more perfect.

And they hadn't even lifted a finger to plan their wedding, their family already having taken care of it for them.

Rebekah had found this gorgeous spot near the plantation house where they first met Marcel as a ten-year-old boy. Lush green grass, sprawling wildflowers, gorgeous green trees.

They'd had a large wooden barn built where the plantation used to lie, a spot for everyone to get ready and a place for the reception.

It was a private ceremony but a public reception, the couple only wanting their immediate family present when they said I do.

All of the girls were in deep blue bridesmaid dresses, the same deep blue that Freya's necklace was, the one where Finn had been trapped for decades.

It was then that Finn himself knocked on the door, elegantly dressed in a black tux, complete with a bow tie.

He looked close to tears when he saw his big sister in her wedding dress, smiling at him.

"Freya, I'm afraid you've rendered me speechless," he chuckled as he walked in.

"Is it time?" Isa asked and Finn was brought back to reality.

"Yes, which is why I'm here."

Freya's brows furrowed for a second.

"If it's not too presumptuous, perhaps I might escort you down the aisle?"

Freya's eyes lined with water as she smiled, nodding her head yes before they all turned to the door at the sound of a voice saying, "Not if we have anything to say about it."

Elijah stood with Nik at the door, both dressed in suits identical to Finn's.

"You're stuck with us, Freya. And there was no way we were letting Finn have all the glory," Nik joked and a tear leaked from Freya's eye as she laughed.

Davina handed her a bouquet as Isa wiped her tears and touched up her make-up before the rest of the women left the room.

"We'll see you out there," she smiled as Freya nodded, heart warmed by her brothers, the family she finally had.

With Finn on one arm and Nik on the other, Elijah holding her train, Freya made her journey down the aisle.

******************************************************************

White silk hung between the trees of the clearing they gathered upon, the aisle composed of white rose petals and a matching carpet. Either side sat all of Freya's nieces and nephews, along with Marcel and her son, Nik, who'd walked Keelin down the aisle, and a werewolf woman named Carmen, a friend of Keelin's and Finn's girlfriend of four months. A band played a soft tune as the quartet walked.

And at the end of the aisle, under an arch made of branches with flowers entwined on them, stood Kol, the youngest Mikaelson brother entrusted with the task of marrying his oldest sister.

Keelin stood on Kol's right, also in a wedding dress and with a bouquet, Isa, Davina, Rebekah and Katherine having prepared her first before helping Freya.

Davina and Katherine stood on Keelin's side as her bridesmaids, while Isa and Rebekah stood waiting for Freya.

Once they reached the end, Freya kissed each of her brothers who then went to join their children in the seats, Isa and Davina taking the bouquets from the brides so they could join hands.

"Dearly beloved," Kol's voice called out as the music faded. "We are gathered, once again, to welcome another, officially, into our family," he smiled at Keelin, who, like Freya, couldn't stop smiling. "Though we have more or less lived in bliss for the last 20 years, life as it has, has taught us to make us aware, and appreciate the beauty in the moment, during the moment, while we have it. And to be grateful for what we have. I, for one, am grateful for all of you. My beautiful wife and gorgeous sisters, and even my dashing brothers. And especially every single one of you little munchkins," Kol said with a look to the kids in the audience who giggled, Lydia and Melody on their father's laps as they watched.

"Keelin," Kol said as he turned to the werewolf. "When we first met all those years ago when your alpha tried to come after us, I never would've predicted that you'd become my sister, much less, would name your son after Niklaus of all people."

Nik shook his head at his brother while the others chuckled, Davina smiling as she gave her husband a look before he continued.

"Now you're strong, beautiful, and deserve nothing but the best. Which just so happens to be you, Freya. And like Keelin, we may not have trusted you when we first met, but, you have become family in every way possible. You are both wonderful mothers, caring sisters, and doting aunts, not to mention a seriously powerful witch and a badass werewolf. And today you become family in the last of ways, through the union of marriage. Rings?"

Nik Jr. came running up from his seat as he presented the ring box to his uncle who took it and ruffled his hair before allowing the boy to return to his seat.

Freya then slipped the gorgeous diamond-studded silver band on Keelin's finger, next to her engagement ring, Keelin then repeating the process with Freya before they joined hands again and waited for Kol's instruction.

"Well, by the power vested in me, by a Franciscan monk in the 13th century, and by the internet a few hours ago, just to be on the safe side," Kol began as people laughed.

"I now pronounce you married! You may both kiss the bride."

Everyone broke into applause as their lips met and Hope came running over to her mother, taking Freya's bouquet from her.

Isa smiled at her daughter, knowing exactly what she was about to do as her oldest daughter said, "Pluet eam flores," before tossing it up into the air and watching as it exploded and it began to rain flower petals.

Isa hugged Hope to her side as everyone watched in amazement before Freya and Keelin walked down the aisle together, their son between them, married, at last.