Old Words and New Ones

(A/N: Merry Christmas guys! I hope you all have an amazing day and are safe and healthy. Hope you enjoy this update that has been requested by baddbxtch156. It also takes place after chapter 166. XxD)

******************************************************************

"Do I get to hold my daughter now?" Isa asked her husband with a smile as their family mingled, Nik taking Hope around to everyone to show her off.

"I suppose so," Nik answered as he reluctantly handed over his daughter who he was utterly enamoured with.

"Hi sweetheart," Isa cooed as she sat her daughter on her hip, her little hand holding Isa's finger tight. "Love, do you want to do it now?" she asked her husband who smirked.

"I don't see a better moment."

Wrapping an arm around his wife, the small family moved over to where Rebekah was talking with Katherine.

"Bex, mind if we had a word with Katherine?" Isa asked.

"So long as you're not planning on hunting her down again," Rebekah joked before going to find Marcel.

"These shoes are too pretty to ruin running," she laughed before she turned to her brother and sister in law. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"This," Nik said as he pulled an envelope out of his back pocket and handing it to her, his hand rubbing Isa's arm.

Katherine raised her brow as she opened the envelope and her entire demeanour softened.

"Two tickets to India. On a private jet," she said in disbelief.

"Wait there's more," Isa said as Katherine went back to the envelope and pulled out another sheet of paper. "That's the best hotel in Goa and you and Elijah set for transport wherever you like."

Katherine looked up at her in disbelief.

"We know nothing can truly make up for the last 500 years but we hope that this is a start. A very old and overdue apology," Nik smiled and Katherine hugged him as he squeezed her back before she moved to hug Isa, careful of the baby she was holding.

"To be fair, I did unknowingly condemn you to another 500 years of being tormented by your curse, so I think we're even," Katherine smirked and Nik only shook his head as he smiled. "And you welcomed me into your family and reunited me with my daughter who I thought was dead. Nik, Icy, you've more than made up for it."

"Still, you and Elijah deserve a nice honeymoon trip. Lord knows Elijah needs someone to loosen him up and bring him to present times. If you get him out of that business suit, I expect pictures," Isa said and Katherine gave her a look as to say 'duh'.

"Like hell, I'm letting him take any suits. It's our honeymoon trip, not a business conference."

"So, then what is it that you intend for me to wear on this trip, if not my usual attire?" Elijah asked as he walked over, having known about the surprise as he wrapped an arm around his wife's waist, a brow raised.

"Well, seeing as it is our honeymoon, I was thinking more along the lines of nothing at all," Katherine smirked.

"Do you mind not corrupting my daughter's innocence with those kinds of thoughts? Thank you," Nik said as he covered his daughter's ears, the girl merely giggling as she reached up to hold his hands.

"Da-da," she gurgled and the entire room stilled as the parents looked at each other in shock.

"Come on, sweetheart. Say it again," Isa encouraged as she held Hope to face her, Nik leaning over her shoulder as he held Hope's hand, the girl's eyes now moving to her mother.

"Ma. Ma."

The entire room burst into coos and cheers of encouragement and congratulations, Hope beaming at all the attention from her place in her mother's arms.

It was then Nik was more sure than ever that everything he'd ever done was worth it for this moment and these people. And he couldn't have been more grateful for his family.