If We Cease To Believe In Love, Why Would We Want To Live?

(A/N: This scene above was just really cute and I wanted to write something on it. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

If they were mortal, the music was so loud that it might have made their ears bleed.

True to their word, the Mikaelson's had gone all out, and had spared no expense when planning the vow renewal ceremony for Nik and Isa. There was a huge band, confetti cannons, and photographers. The couple danced together now, with their 1920's styled jazz parade.

Nik was in a rugged suit as he twirled his wife who was in a gorgeous beaded wedding dress with tassels - so like the flapper dresses she used to wear at the time - long white gloves, a bejewelled headband and a lacey parasol.

They danced and they laughed to the smooth yet lively jazz music that was played before their children joined in, all of them in appropriate attire, Lydia and Hope even wearing outfits that their mother had actually worn in the 1920s.

As for Katherine, she wore a seductive black mermaid number with silver beading and tassels on the bottom. She had long black gloves and her hair out as opposed to the traditional curly updo every other lady wore.

She'd been dancing with her daughters before her eyes landed on her husband who hadn't stopped staring at her since the parade began. 

His wife smiled brightly at him as he returned it and a mischievous look seemed to glimmer in her eyes.

Elijah watched as Katherine lifted her skirts and began to dart through the crowd, running away from him as his smile grew and he began to give chase. And for a second, he thought he was back in England in 1492, chasing her through the palace grounds. She had been nothing more than a human girl forced to grow up too quickly and completely unaware of the supernatural world around her. And he had been part of the deception that led to her demise. How far they'd come 600 years later.

Elijah hadn't realised that he'd stopped chasing his wife until she was right in front of him with her hand on his arm and a dazzling smile on her face.

"You're supposed to catch me," she said, only adding to his deja vu.

He knew what line came next.

"But if I catch you then the game will be over."

Clearly, it was the right answer as Katherine's smile grew bigger and she laughed as she ran her hands down the lapels of his suit.

"Then it's a good thing we have forever for you to catch me."

Elijah grinned at her before their lips met, but what he intended to be a long kiss was instead a chaste one as Katherine pulled away, her skirts in her hand as she backed up from him, a teasing smirk on her face.

"Tell me, my lord," she began, hints of her English accent coming to life again. "Has your stance on love changed since I last posed the question? True love is not real unless it is returned. Do you agree?"

Elijah's smirk was playful. "It is quite possible, Katarina, that my original outlook on the concept of love, has indeed changed," he returned, his accent sounding more olden English than usual as his wife spun around to the sound of the music, the tassels on her dress flying as her hair whirled like a gossamer curtain with the morning breeze.

"I would surely hope so, my lord," she said, still backing away from him as he took slow steps towards her. "For you have lived a very long life, and I would wonder how you have done so for life is too cruel and if we cease to believe in love, why would we want to live?"