Carmen

"Oh, hi Finn," Isa grinned at her brother as she stood discussing a matter of the wolves with Keelin and another wolf when he'd walked over. "Finn, this is Carmen. She's a friend of Keelin's and an alpha werewolf. Carmen this is my brother-in-law, Finn," Isa introduced and Finn turned to the woman he'd never seen before.

And though he hadn't been around long, he hadn't been struck like this since Sage.

Carmen had the most gorgeous brown eyes to match with her hair that fell in waves just below her shoulder blades. While most would say she looked ordinary, there was just something magical in her eyes. Something that screamed adventure, but also trauma, something painful but that only made her stronger. She intrigued him. And little did he know, the recently resurrected Mikaelson intrigued her.

"Nice to meet you, Mr Mikaelson," Carmen smiled.

"It's Finn, please. It's nice to meet you as well Carmen. I hope whatever problems you're having aren't too troubling?"

Carmen shrugged it off. "Just some juvenile wolves picking fights with the vampires, the full moon and all. But no, it's not too much trouble."

"That is good to hear," Finn smiled as they locked eyes.

"I'm going to borrow Keelin for a moment. Finn, mind keeping Carmen company? Good, thanks."

And Isa sped off with Keelin to the balcony above them as they watched, unbeknownst to the couple who chuckled slightly awkwardly at Isa and Keelin's abrupt departure.

"Since we've been ditched, why don't you tell me something about yourself, Finn?" Carmen asked with a kind smile.

"What do you wish to know?"

Carmen pondered his question. "Let's start simple. What's your favourite colour?"

"Orange, warm like the sunset. I've always felt that there was something magical about sunsets. My elder sister and I used to climb trees just to see them happen. How about yours?"

Carmen's smile turned warm.

"That's really sweet Finn. And my favourite colour is green. A bright, bold forest green. I love open spaces like that, where I could just run forever."

Finn chuckled. "I believe I share that love seeing as I possess a distaste of enclosed spaces."

"You're claustrophobic?" Carmen asked and Finn furrowed his brows.

"I'm not sure what that means. In truth, I haven't really seen much of the outside world. Being reunited with my family in the last couple of months has been as free as I've ever been in my life," Finn admitted.

"Well then," Carmen said as she looped her arm through Finn's. "Consider me your personal tour guide. I know your family built this place and all, but I'm going to show you my favourite spots if that's something you'd be interested in?"

Finn's smile grew. "I'd like that very much, thank you. Shall we?"

"We shall," Carmen grinned as they walked out and on the balcony, Isa high-fived Keelin who'd taken a video recording of their encounter.

"Send that to the Mikaelson sister's group chat," Isa said and Keelin grinned wickedly as she tapped at her phone.

"Oh, it's already done," Keelin said before Isa's phone dinged and she pulled it out, seeing the notification with the message and laughing.

"Ok, but can I just say, Finn and Carmen, I never saw that coming!" Isa admitted.

"It would seem that Rebekah and Freya agree with you," Keelin said as she read the group chat messages.

"And of course Katherine starts a betting pool for who officially makes the first move," Isa laughed.

"Who are you putting money on?" Keelin asked.

"Finn. Always Finn," Isa replied as she sent in her answer.

"Why?"

Isa scoffed. "My brother has been in a coffin most of his life, he's still new to the ways of the modern world, not to mention that he and his brothers are notorious gentlemen, they always make the first move. I mean, I know Carmen would probably make the first move herself, but Finn just won't let her," Isa answer and Keelin nodded in understanding.

"Fair enough. I mean your brothers and husband are charming as hell, but I'm still putting money on Carmen."

"May the best woman win," Isa said as she held out her hand.

"Oh, I plan on it."

And they shook.

"Want to go spy on Finn and Carmen some more?" Keelin asked and Isa instantly nodded.

"Yeah. I want to see if his flirting skills have improved since the 11th century."

Grabbing each other's hands, the girls chased after Finn.

Finn, who was really enjoying himself on a date.