England, 1492

(A/N: Isa's dress for this chapter up top. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

Klaus's lips were set in a hard line, a clear indication of the rage that was beginning to bubble inside of him.

"Are you meaning to tell me, brother, that you've lost Katarina and my moonstone? The only living doppelganger and key to breaking my curse? And not only that, but you've allowed her ample time to complete the transition, meaning that she is a vampire and now useless to me?"

Any other time, Elijah might have been unnerved by his brother's anger, but not with the particular piece of information he had yet to disclose.

"Yes, my brother, that is what I mean to tell you. And I have more."

Klaus' tall boots were dangerously quiet on the stone floor of their castle as he neared his brother.

"What more could there possibly be?"

Elijah found it difficult, but he managed to withhold the smirk from his lips as he said, "Isa arrives tonight."

And Klaus only sped for his art room as he began to set up a canvas, Elijah on his heels.

"She agreed to leave you for a month in order for you to ensnare the doppelganger and break your curse, which was supposed to occur an hour from now."

"How far away is she?" Klaus asked as he began to paint furiously, strokes short and quick.

"Minutes. I should hope that you didn't commit actions that you know would anger her."

Elijah caught the wooden brush that was hurled at him with ease.

And then the fanfare sounded and Elijah smirked.

"Your dramatics have truly rubbed off on her, brother."

"Shut it," Klaus ordered before he marched from the room.

Meanwhile, at the front steps to their castle, a gorgeously large carriage had drawn up and the door was being opened.

"Lady Isa," the footman called as he took her hand and helped her out of the carriage, assuring that the skirts of her black and gold dress didn't get caught as he closed the door.

"Welcome home Lady Isa," said one of the men they had compelled to care for their home for them, and occasionally feed them.

Isa only held out a gloved hand, an order for silence.

"Where is he?"

"Last we saw, he was in his art room with Lord Elijah."

Isa's eyes were dark.

"Well, he would surely know I'm here by now. I suspect I shall soon be joined by his presence no matter where I am. Prepare me a meal in the banquet hall would please, Nigel."

The man bowed his head as Isa lifted the front of her skirts and began to walk up the stairs.

"Cooked or raw, my Lady?" he asked and Isa froze, a devilish smile on her face as she spun to face Nigel and the two footmen at his sides.

"Well," she began as she pulled off a black glove, one of the footmen rushing up to take it from her. "Ambrose here, saw to my raw meal. It was a rather long journey," she smirked as she wiped the already clean corner of her mouth before pulling off her other glove. "So, I'll take a cooked meal tonight Nigel, but feel free to spike my wine."

And with that, she resumed her trek up the stairs as Nigel called out, "As you wish, My Lady."

"Welcome home My Lady," one of the maids, Seraphina, greeted her.