#4: Leave her to the wolves.

Chapter Four: "Leave her to the wolves."

"GOD THIS SHOULD NOT have happened," Jennie mused as she sat on Rosé's bed with Lisa and Jisoo while Rosé was getting ready to meet YG. Her manager had just called her for en emergency meeting and explained the situation briefly.

"Well, it did but I'll be okay," Rosé assured them, though she found it ironic that they were more worried.

"I'm not trying to be mean but how could Jungkook sunbae be so careless?" Lisa said bitterly. She genuinely loved BTS's music and admired them as artists but the fact her twin was plunged into this hellhole because of them made her judgement clouded.

"Lili," Rosé said, shooting her a pointed look. "It must be a mistake on Jungkook sunbae's side Lis. Let's not judge too harshly alright? We're all humans. Besides, I am not the only one caught up in this, he is too so I think we should be a little lenient."

"You're too forgiving," Lisa rolled her eyes, but smiled nevertheless. 

This Rosékook thing had already caused a lot of damage to her. Toxic fans from both fandoms cursing her and her family, even calling her utmost derogatory terms like a slut. Delusional ones were starting fanwars fighting over which ship of theirs was real when in reality Rosé had no guy in that position of a boyfriend.

All was triggered by Jungkook buying her album, not one but two versions, and not bothering to cover it up. However, Rosé still was not willing to curse at him or blame him and Lisa found that admirable. If it were her, she would have called the guy out and cursed him till he went deaf.

"Take care Rosie." Jisoo said, patting her head. Rosé nodded, assuring them that she was fine, and waved before heading out where her manager, Sung Yeon Oppa as she called him, was waiting for her with the driver.

Truth was, Rosé was a little nervous. There were not many options and going into YG's room has never been good. Either he was going to deny which will make almost no difference, fake the relationship or leave her to the wolves with no statement. Neither was a great option.

-

"You guys stay silent alright? I'll talk to him, I heard he is straightforward and can be a little blunt sometimes so don't take it to heart" Bang Si Hyuk said as they waited in the meeting room for YG.

The guys nodded. None of them were feeling really good. Those who went to YG's room were not known for great careers and there they were.

Jungkook's eyes were bloodshot, obviously he had cried. Hobi's lacked his usual bright smile. Taehyung was not playing around with Jimin like they normally did. Yoongi looked more alert than ever while Jin's windshield wiper laugh was nowhere to be heard. Namjoon and Si Hyuk's serious demeanour was enough to prove the uncertain atmosphere.

Soon, Hyun Suk came in, after the conclusion of his previous meeting, He exchanged greetings with his visitors before settling down in the couch, adjacent to the long one BTS and their CEO occupied.

"Where is Rosé?" he asked a man who was in a suit, standing on the left of Hyun Suk.

"On the way sir, she had something to attend to."

"Well, we shall commence when she arrives, don't you think?" Hyun Suk asked, Si Hyuk who replied with an of course. The BTS members looked at one another, surprised. They did not know Rosé was coming but then again why would she not? She was the affected person.

"Good morning Sajangnim," an angelic voice greeted them. The BTS members and Si Hyuk had stood up to greet her, just as they did for Hyun Suk. She bowed back, greeting them politely before settling down opposite them, on the other side of Hyun Suk.

"Were you informed of the situation, Roseanne?" Hyun Suk asked.

"Briefly."

"I can explain," Si Hyuk cut in. Rosé and Hyun Suk gave him their attention as he started speaking. "It was an accident. My artists are respecting of other artists and Rosé, together with Blackpink, are one of them. It was a mere show of support for Rosé-shi's solo debut." Si Hyuk stated.

"I am very grateful to have the support of my seniors but if I infer correctly, it was an intentional action?" Rosé clarified.

"Oh no no dear, as in he bought the albums to support you, there was no intention of showing the public. It was truly a mistake" Si Hyuk explained.

"Well, the situation seems pretty open and shut. We need to calm the fandoms down" Rosé said, diverting her attention to Hyun Suk. He was the mastermind there.

"If it was anyone else, it won't be a problem. But the smallest connection between BTS and Blackpink can ruin your careers" he started off.

"We have little options. One, we deny the dating rumours and say it was just a senior showing his junior support but it would be too vague and won't calm them down. Two, we deny it but say they are friends, more plausible but the regular excuse to cover up couples so the fans will never buy it. Three, we don't deny them."

The BTS members' heads shot up as he said the last option. Even Si Hyuk was surprised but they shouldn't be. YG was known for leaving his artists to the wolves and it seemed true as they gauged Rosé's expression. There no hint of shock. Her jaw was clenched, her eyes were piercing. She had a fierce look on her face instead of a surprised one and that was enough to show that had she expected it.

"But we can't use the last option, the artists will have to suffer. What good will it give us?"

"This thing won't die down just like that. Whatever we say, won't matter because the fans will believe what they choose to believe" Hyun Suk said. "Besides, the scandal will get them more exposure and be better for both agencies,"

Rosé bit her lip, trying no to let her emotions show. Of course he would say that. People were calling her a clout-chaser and a slut, insulting everyone she loved but all he cared about was exposure.

"We can't do that, I'm sorry, Jungkook doesn't want that and I don't think Rosé-shi does either" Si Hyuk said. How ironic, her own CEO was willing to leave her to the wolves but the other agency's CEO was looking out for her.

"Alright then, we can give the same narrative as always. We will portray them as friends" Hyun Suk said simply.

"Thank you Sajangnim. May I leave now? I'm busy." Rosé said flatly.

"Yes, you may."

She bowed to the people in the room before turning on her heel and swiftly walked out, not wanting to stay there any longer.