#51: Prettier than me?

Chapter Fifty-One: "Prettier than me?"

"I can't believe you guys actually had a comeback," Jungkook snickered as he entered the Blackpink dressing room in Inkigayo.

"Excuse me? We aren't that bad when it comes to releasing music," Rosé acted offended as her stylist clipped her choker in place.

"Yea right." He said sarcastically. "But I said that because you and Liz both had your solos and Jisoo noona's drama just finished airing while yours is still on. I thought YG would not do anything till all is done."

"He has a point." Lisa remarked but shut up when Jennie and Rosé gave her their worst death glares. The stylists chuckled before leaving them alone. They were aware of the relationship between Rosé and Jungkook and had promised to keep it to themselves.

"Who is performing now?" Jisoo asked, diverting the topic.

"Twice." He answered, going over to Rosé. "I missed you," He murmured quietly. The moment his lips touched hers, simultaneous groans sounded through the room. Jungkook rolled his eyes but kept kissing her until she pulled away, a small smile on her face. He did not miss the faint blush on her cheeks, though. His shy little angel.

"Up in five! Oh, hi Jungkook." the Blackpink manager said.Jungkook smiled back, greeting him.

"I'll walk you out." He told Rosé and they walked out with her members trailing behind them. They followed their manager on the backstage. Jungkook got his cue to leave when they reached and pecked her cheek. "Do well, love you."

She nodded with a bright smile before going on stage and taking her position. She took a deep breath, calming her excitement to perform their new single. The girls silently did their weird cheer and put on their stage facade.

-

"You did great," Rosé said, jumping into Jungkook's arms when they entered the backstage. After Blackpink, BTS had performed. Soon, they would be called up to the stage to announce the winner. The three groups competing against each other was Twice, Blackpink and BTS. It was real tough competition.

"You did too, I watched you through the monitor as well." He said, kissing her forehead.

"They make me feel so single..." Jimin frowned, looking at Jungkook holding Rosé.

"It's okay Jiminie, you have me!" Taehyung said, jumping on his soulmate's back which made Jimin cry out at the sudden weight on his back.

"Onto the stage everyone," The staff gestured to the two groups. They nodded and segregated themselves as they were going on camera again. Blackpink went on first, standing beside Twice who had entered from the other side.

Shortly after, BTS entered the stage as well, standing on Blackpink's other side, leaving the 4-member band in the centre. The MCs started talking, a script in each of their hands. The anticipated winner was Blackpink as Twice's song did not have as much sales, streams etc. as BP or BTS.

Though BTS would be the logical winner, their song was released only two days before while Blackpink's single was released a week ago which meant their sales and streams were higher and as expected, Blackpink was announced as the winner.

The MCs passed Rosé the trophy and mic as she was the nearest member and she started to thank the usual people for their win. Just as she finished, the music started to play for the encore and Jennie started singing.

-

"Nice job on the encore girls," Namjoon praised. Their live vocals were no joke. It improved day by day. The girls thanked him and Rosé clung onto Jungkook's arm.