#60: Easy?

Chapter Sixty: "Easy?"

"Hey, we're almost there!" Rosé said into her phone when Jungkook called her for the umpteenth time. 

The Blackpink members were headed to the BTS dorm for Yoongi's birthday and Jungkook was being impatient as he had not seen Rosé for a long time. The last time the couple met, was three weeks ago, the day where a man attacked them. The agencies worked with the police to close the case and had requested them to pause their dates till they were sure harm was not in their way anymore.

"Your boyfriend sure is impatient," Lisa snickered from beside her. Rosé was driving so her phone was connected to the car via bluetooth, allowing the other three girls to listen to their conversation.

"As if BamBam isn't." Rosé scoffed.

"Hey BamBam is irrelevant here!" Lisa argued.

"The two of you!" Jennie called out. "Shut up." The maknaes pouted but zipped their mouths nevertheless. Just then Rosé's phone rang again, showing her manager's name. The girls looked at each other questioningly before Rosé accepted the call.

"Yes oppa?"

"Ah yes. Rosé, I just want to check in with you about the attacker. Has he resurfaced or have you and Jungkook saw anyone suspicious or dangerous?"

Rosé froze. She felt a cold chill run down her spine as she clenched her eyes shut, not ready to face her members. Knowing them, they would be angry. And she was right.

"Rosé? Are you there?" He manager's voice got tense and worried after hearing only silence on the other end.

"Ahh oppa, no nothing if the sort happened." She quickly answered. "I'll talk later alright? I'm in the middle of something."

"Sure, stay safe. Tell Jungkook too." He answered and hung up.

"What the hell was that about?" Jennie demanded after a beat of silence.

"Unnie I-" Rosé tried to explain but got cut off by Jisoo.

"Save it. I think the BTS members deserve and explanation too." Jisoo snapped. She did not miss Jungkook's name said in the conversation and was sure he hadn't told his bandmates either.

"Chae what-" Lisa asked softly when Jennie called the maknae's name, giving her a pointed look which made her shut up immediately.

Rosé sighed. The moment they step into the BTS dorm, the issue will blow up. She really did not want to do this right on Yoongi's birthday and ruin it for him but she could not see a way to postpone the conversation. 

As they reached, Jennie and Jisoo got off immediately, heading towards the door of the dorm. Lisa wanted to stay behind for Rosé but followed the unnies instead, knowing that she won't be helping Rosé by making the elder sisters angrier.

"So what's going on?" Namjoon asked. 

The moment the girls came in and Jisoo had immediately blurted out what they heard in Rosé's car. Jungkook's hand found hers, squeezing it to reassure her. She returned the pressure, looking down. They knew their members were mad at them and they knew they deserved an explanation so Jungkook took the initiative to explain everything that happened that night.

"So you decide to keep this from us because?" Hobi demanded, his cheerful expression completely gone.

"Hyung, please don't get mad." Jungkook pleaded. "We thought it would be best to not make a big deal out of this. Our agencies also thought it was best."

"But you came up with it!" Jennie snapped. "The agencies agreed because you proposed it. Am I wrong?" Jungkook struggled to reply to that. What Jennie said was kind of true but she was not getting why they had hid the truth.