#43: Why?

Chapter Forty-Three: "Why?"

"Time to get down Chae," Rosé's manager Sungyeon said. "Are you alright?" He added when he saw her pale face and her fingers rubbing her temple.

"Yes oppa, just a little headache." She waved it away and stepped out. Despite her insistence that she was okay, he held her by the elbow and helped her down the limo which she was grateful for because she felt her legs tremble when she stood up.

However once she got down, she had to walk in her own at least till she reached her members around the middle of the red carpet. Hence she took a deep breath to steady herself before stepping into sight of the reporters and fans.

The moment she stepped out, her head spun due to the bright flashing lights from the photographers' cameras. She took a moment to close her eyes and calm down before starting to walk down the carpet. Luckily, no one had noticed her little uneasiness.

After a few steps, the paths of the Blackpink members collided and she held on to Jennie's arm, making the gesture seem natural, only it didn't feel natural to Jennie because Rosé's hand was ice cold.

She directed a questioning and concerned glance towards her. Rosé gave her a significant look as if to tell her not to show any reaction as there were cameras.

Jennie understood and the two brought their professional sides out, not giving any hint to the public of what was going on with Rosé.

The moment they entered the event hall, Rosé relaxed her shoulders, leaning against Jennie slightly who was worried as hell.

One thing about Mama was that, before the event started, the idols were free to interact as no cameras were turned on and the fans were not admitted in yet. Usually the duration was around fifteen to thirty minutes. This proved to be an advantage that day as Rosé badly needed it due to her sudden headache.

"Headache." She muttered when her three members repeatedly asked her what was wrong.

Lisa wrapped an arm around her waist, guiding her to walk as Rosé was having difficulty to do anything with her paining head.

"Chae? What happened?" The worried voice of Jungkook reached her ears, calming her down little. BTS had just entered the venue and Jungkook's eyes had caught Rosé leaning on Lisa. Lisa told him about her sudden state while he took Rosé from her. The BTS members had also gathered, all concerned about her.

"I'm fine Jungkook," she said, her voice slightly softer than her normal tone.

"But-" Jungkook rejected her claim but she interrupted him.

"Really, I'll be fine. I just need to sit down."

Jungkook agreed reluctantly and helped her to her seat while she relied on his hold. Blackpink was sharing a table with Got7. Upon seeing her, Yugyeom and BamBam immediately sprang from their seats while Jackson too asked her what happened. Namjoon answered for her while Yugyeom and Jungkook helped her sit down. Just then, the hosts asked all the idols to take their respective seats.

"Take care of her all right?" Jungkook said. Yugyeom and BamBam nodded in affirmation. Yugyeom exchanged seats with Mark so as to sit next to her while Jisoo sat on Rosé's other side. The BTS members reluctantly left her side after the Blackpink and Got7 members assured them that she was in good hands.

-

Rosé sat restlessly as her back started to ache. She was in her period as well and she had taken a pill to reduce the menstrual pain but it did not seem to be helping. She was scared that her vasovagal syncope would be triggered.