#13: Ketchup is a smoothie.

Chapter Thirteen: "Ketchup is a smoothie."

"CHAEYOUNG?" a voice sounded, making Rosé turn back to see Yoongi, Jin and Jungkook. The trio greeted her and Jennie, who had accompanied Rosé to the observatory in the resort.

Jisoo had come back from her photoshoot and had already retired to bed as she was tired as hell. Lisa had passed out real soon in Rosé's room. Jisoo had the highest alcohol tolerance amongst them followed by Rosé then Jennie. Lisa was the weakest in that category.

Hence, Jennie and Rosé had left to the observatory so as to not disturb sleeping Lisa, not that she was in a state to wake up but still. Rosé however noticed how Jungkook avoided her eyes, making her wonder what happened when realisation dawned upon her.

Taehyung must have told him what happened the previous night. Rosé chuckled to herself. The boy was so shy, it made her think he was cute. Well he was, except when he was on stage, out to kill everyone with his well-built body. Jin was telling his lame but funny dad jokes, making the girls laugh while Yoongi and Jungkook simultaneously groaned.

"Why do the seagulls fly over the sea?"

"Because if they fly over the bay, we'd call them bagels!"

"Okay I'm using that one," Jennie commented, taking it down on her phone. Jennie had a whole list of such jokes so that she could use them as conversation starters.

"Do you know why I don't trust the stairs?" Jin asked again.

"Why?" Rosé asked, sighing for another round of this.

"Because they are always up to something!" his windshield wiper laughter resonating in the spacious place.

"You know hyung? You shouldn't trust me either coz I'm about to push you down those same stairs" Yoongi said flatly making the eldest pout the three younger ones laugh.

-

"You sure you want to stay here Rosie?" Yoongi asked when Rosé opted to stay there for a little longer when the others were planning to go back to their respective rooms.

"I'll be fine oppa"

"Call me if you need anything" Jin said, making her nod and smile.

"Good night Rosie posie," Jennie said, kissing her crown before heading down first. Rosé waved to the boys and turned back around, staring up when she felt a presence beside her.

"Jungkook?"

"Thank you"

"What for?" she asked, a little taken aback by his sudden gratitude.

"Well we only hung out properly like twice and once I was sick and the next I was drunk. It's like you're always taking care of me" Jungkook admitted, his ears turning a little pink.

Rosé laughed lightly. "Don't worry about that, you were sick and I helped you. Yesterday wasn't that bad actually. I had fun with you even though it required a lot of effort to move you from the car to the bed"

"Though you did constantly wake me up just to tell me your weird theories that I have no idea how you thought of those in the first place" she added, making him stare at her wide-eyed.

"Really? What did I say?" He asked, praying he didn't embarrass himself in front of her more than he already did.

"Well for starters, you told me that since tomato was a fruit, ketchup is a smoothie..." Rosé trailed off as Jungkook groaned.

"Would you like to know more?" She asked cheekily.

"No thanks" he buried his face in his hands when he felt a cold hand on his upper back.

"Hey, don't worry, it's just me. You can say whatever and I won't judge" she said, patting his back a few times. When he didn't move she pried his hands off his face.

"Now, don't go hiding this cute face of yours, it would be a shame if you do." Jungkook blushed at her words, rubbing his cheeks with his hands, trying to make the redness go away as he smiled shyly.

"See? That's better" she approved turning back to the front, oblivious to the effect she had on him. But she was well-aware of what he was doing to her. She did not know what on earth possessed her to say that so boldly but she knew he was the reason. That man made her boldness come out with his shyness. Everytime, their hands touched she could feel her heart skip a beat.

What are you doing to me Jeon Jungkook?

-

"Do you want to get pizza?" Jungkook asked. There was a service that could cater food to the observatory.

"Sure," Rosé sat up from the couch, excited at the mention of food, making Jungkook chuckle.

"Can you call? I didn't save the number of the front desk in my phone" Jungkook asked.

"Nope but you can use my phone," Rosé handed him her iPhone.

The man raised an eyebrow. "Why don't you want to call?"

"I don't like talking on the phone."

"We used to talk all the time" he countered, mentioning the numerous late night calls they used to have when they first got to know each other.

"That's different, I don't like talking to strangers."

"We were strangers once,"

"We're not anymore!"

"You're just ordering your food, does it matter?"

"Our food" she corrected.

"So you'll order?"

"No."

Jungkook shook his head, laughing lightly as she grinned up at him when he gave up and took her phone. Soon, the aroma of pizza filled the room. Rosé rubbed her palms together. She loved to eat especially at night. She took a slice in her hands and extended it towards him to take it only to find him doing the same thing. The two laughed, exchanging the slices in their hands nevertheless and biting into the cheesy bread.

"This is nice," she breathed deeply, leaning against the couch in the room.

"The pizza?"

"Just.. in general. Pizza, the cool night, the warm fireplace, the comfortable atmosphere" she looked at him and added, "you".

"Chae?"

She hummed in response, looking at him expectantly to continue as a faint smile played on her lips.

"I like you."