#45: Take a chill pill.

Chapter Forty-Five: "Take a chill pill."

"I think we need a break."

His heart shattered as he heard those words. "You... You're breaking up with me?" His voice shook, but his was not from anger. It was from fear.

Rosé shook her head almost immediately as she took his hand and enclosed it between both of hers. "No, of course not. I don't know where I stand with you but this is where you stand with me. My love and trust has always been all the way and I really meant it when I said that it's you or no one. That's the truth and always will be."

"This time out is for you. I want to forget what happened and move on but this situation will repeat if we don't fix it." She reasoned, her voice gentle like she is trying not to hurt him but it still did. It was not her fault, but it still did. "I've forgiven you, but I want you to come back to me when you can truly trust me again. When you are truly sure about me. I'm clear Jungkook but you aren't yet."

Jungkook nodded silently. He wanted to tell her he did trust her but what she said was true. There is a layer of insecurity that he needs to get rid of. He did not want to make the same mistake again.

"Take care, I'll see you when you feel like you're ready." She said delicately, pressing a small kiss to his cheek in reassurance before letting go of his hand. Jungkook let out a shaky breath, reluctantly letting his hand fall from hers. He just hoped she would let him hold it again.

Rosé stood up, nodding in the general direction of his members. She passed a significant look to Jin who understood that she wanted to talk to him and followed her out while the rest of them stayed in with Jungkook. She stopped once they were outside the dorm, out of earshot and their visibility. Before she could say anything, Jin folded her into his arms. He felt bad for her. She was the real victim there. She was the one wrongfully accused.

"I'm fine oppa," She said after a while, causing him to let go. "Just take care of him okay? Try to distract him and if you guys can, don't leave him alone as much as possible. He needs all the support he can get."

Jin nodded. He silently hoped they would get back together soon. A woman like Rosé was hard to come by and he did not want his younger brother to lose her. "I will but you take care too."

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine as long as he is." She assured him. "Say goodbye to the rest of them for me, would you? I don't think I'll come by till this is all over."

"Of course. God forbid, but if things don't work out between you and Jungkook, you won't forget us completely right?"

"Hopefully that won't happen, but if it does, I won't forget you guys. Our friendship was not because of my relationship with him. But I can't say that I won't distance myself a little for his sake." She replied.

Jin sighed and nodded. "I'll see you soon?"

"That's in Jungkook's hands but hopefully." She put on a smile for him that did not reach her eyes. She gave him a goodbye hug before turning around and leaving. She let out a shaky breath. Hopefully she would be there soon. Hopefully.

-

Jungkook sighed for umpteenth time. It was only the day before that Rosé had asked for a break but he already wanted to run back to her house and take her in his arms. He couldn't wrap his head around the fact that he had messed up in his one and only relationship. But then again, maybe that's why he messed up - because he was so inexperienced.

But Rosé wasn't experienced as well. Sure she had a seven-month relationship at fourteen but that was nothing. How could she be so mature and rational? Maybe girls did mature faster than boys.

Jungkook had a day-off and weirdly he wished he had work so that he would be distracted from his misery. Hence to take his mind off, he was in his room, watching a drama. A rom-com. He had hoped that watching such dramas will fill the emptiness he was feeling but it just made him get reminded of her even more. It made him miss her even more. He groaned, turning off the television, almost breaking the remote control as he slammed it on the table in frustration.

"Woah, easy there." BamBam said, entering his friend's room. Jungkook raised his eyebrows, surprised to see him there. "What are you doing here?"

"Came to see my friend of course." BamBam replied, making himself comfortable on the couch next to him.

"Just like that? So suddenly?"

"Yea, do you have a problem with that?" BamBam snapped annoyed.

"Geez, I was just asking. Take a chill pill." Jungkook raised his hands in mock surrender.

"I find that funny coming from you." BamBam laughed but stopped, silently cursing himself for what he just said which did not go unnoticed by the other man.

That was when Jungkook realised what had happened. BamBam was deliberately trying to be gentle with him. He was acting a lot nicer than you would expect him to. Despite seeing him slam a remote control across a table when it was a damn kiss scene on the screen, BamBam had not questioned like he usually would have. Jungkook's room was a huge mess but BamBam had not told him off like he normally would. Most of all, this was right after Rosé's and his temporary fall out. That's when it fully hit him.

Rosé had told BamBam to visit him.

He sighed but this time it was more out of a happy emotion. After everything, she was making sure he would be fine and get all the support he can get. He knew Rosé had probably talked to Jin when he followed her outside as well. She still wanted him to be fine; to not be lonely.

He sighed again. What did he do to deserve her? But then again, maybe he didn't. Maybe she was only staying with him because how vulnerable he was in front of her. How can such a mature girl love a petty and childish man like him?

"Earth to Jeon Jungkook!" BamBam waved his hand on front of him, breaking his chain of insecurities. Jungkook shook his head, trying not to think about it. But he had come to one conclusion - Rosé was right. He had not fully trusted her yet and that was killing him because he had been lying without meaning to.

-

"How is he?" Rosé asked BamBam who had come over to the Blackpink house to check up on Rosé and simultaneously see Lisa. It had been six days since the time out between Jungkook and Rosé.

"Apart from always being moody, he's getting by. At least he doesn't skip meals." BamBam replied, pouring her a glass of soju.

"I can't believe Jungkook said that to you." Lisa cut in.

"He didn't mean to," Rosé defended lamely.

"I know," Lisa said for her sake. "He's not well which is why I'm not doing anything. After you guys reconcile and all is well, I'm going to swear at him till his ears go deaf."

Rosé cracked a smile at that before turning to BamBam. "Why didn't you stay with him longer?" BamBam had been a regular visitor of Jungkook and he had just came to see Rosé from the BTS dorm.

"To see you," He answered simply.

"BamBam..." She argued quietly.

"Sweetheart, you're my friend too," he placed a hand over hers. "You're like my sister. Both of you are equally important to me. How can I not check on you?"

Rosé leaned against him, his arm draped over her back protectively, reassuring her. He pulled in Lisa as well who hugged him from the other side. Lisa reached over to hold Rosé's hand who immediately slipped her fingers through hers.

And the three friends stayed like that, till they fell asleep.